Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
REDs definitely should rebalance the quests level requirements.

Yes it's one way to deal with our issues, the easy way. But I still hope they are going to go the hard way by adding more content.

I think Geralt's main love interest is Dandelion.

Knowing that everything make sense about the inconsistencies of our Triss romance.....

Last edited:
Problem with that, is it gives the impression to the player that Triss is still a valid romance option and it would be continuing from the previous games. A lot of Triss fans from what i saw were worried that bringing Yen back would mean that Triss is no longer an option and that scene sort of gave them hope knowing that they could purchase this game with some level of confidence in regards to the romance options.......needless to say what we got in the end.....well i think it has already been stated too many times lol.

Can't find fault in anything you say...it very well could have been this 'teaser' that caused the change of opinion;

"...so, wait...when does Triss enter the game?"
"Well, she is in for this little bit and then Geralt says good bye at the docks and she's gone...from the game..."
"What?"
"Ummm, well...this is a story about Geralt finding Yen and together trying to save Ciri...where would another...I mean, how could Triss...its...if you turn to page 187..."
"SO, we spend 8 years building up Triss as the main interest in Geralt's life...she stands by him through ALL the shitstorms and..."
"Well, I guess we could bring her back for the fight in KM?"
"Thats a good start..."
"We could add her back as a love interest?"
"Nice...you have six months til it goes Gold...thanks and make it happen!"
(thuds) thats the sound of the directors of the project passing out...

Last edited:
Ok guys great discussion going on here but this a topic about the inconsistencies of the Triss romance not about who Yen slept with, so lets gently ease our way back to the matter at hand! :)

I agree with this!

My first go through I chose Yen and did every quest by level...lower first and cleared the boards. So I did NoN well before Skelliga. It was a perfect storyline! Worked seamlessly. I don't agree with the romance faucet being turned off in Act 3 but...that was a design decision. Yen was even colder in Act 3 than she was at the beginning of the story. I know the tent speech but...it really made me wonder why Geralt would be taking this. I know if my wife acted like that...wait, the first one DID! And thats why there is a SECOND one! Maybe Geralt has more restraint/resolve...and he's henpecked! Just sayin...

My second trip through I went Triss and all I did was stop in Novigrad, Pyers scene and then I went on the Skelliga...only came back to Novigrad when the Brothers in Arms quest opened up. That trip through was...awkward...to say the least. It felt wonky to me...not quite right in many ways. AND you still get the 'lost' feeling in Act 3...I kept asking, "where the hell is Triss?"

Anyway, too many words...but I do agree the order of the quests and the dependance on other quests should be looked into.

There should be a quest with Yen before heading to Novigrad. A proper quest like she has in Skellige, then you get to know Yen a bit better before deciding if you want to romance Triss. Most people who are new to the series (Non-book readers and non-game players) get stuck with the three sum scene and I think that ruins their play experience. My husband was one of those people and hasn't picked it up since because he doesn't want to play 100 hours or so just to get one final scene.

The Triss romance is amazing, but all these inconsistencies take you out of the immersion this game puts you in. It's a real shame.

Let's get back to Triss, guys!

Since I love fan art - here is nice one:

I couldn't touch the game in last few days and constantly just coming here to check for news if there is one. I guess 2 PT's were "that's it" for me. My Triss frustration won't let me touch the game.
Same here, for now I can't replay game knowing how small interactions with Triss is right now in game.

Last edited:
There should be a quest with Yen before heading to Novigrad. A proper quest like she has in Skellige, then you get to know Yen a bit better before deciding if you want to romance Triss. Most people who are new to the series (Non-book readers and non-game players) get stuck with the three sum scene and I think that ruins their play experience. My husband was one of those people and hasn't picked it up since because he doesn't want to play 100 hours or so just to get one final scene.

The Triss romance is amazing, but all these inconsistencies take you out of the immersion this game puts you in. It's a real shame.

I wouldn't mind moar Yen content but we already have some time with Yen before Novigrad, it's Triss who is missing regardless what she said to Geralt at the end of TW2....

I wouldn't mind moar Yen content but we already have some time with Yen before Novigrad, it's Triss who is missing regardless what she said to Geralt at the end of TW2....

I mean instead of searching for her in White Orchard you could actually find her earlier and have a bit of time to get to know her. I still think Triss needs more content later in the game, I just think that no one gets to know either girl before you decide who you want to romance. So if you had Now or Never after Brother in Arms (Maybe Triss doesn't mention she's getting the mages out yet) and The Last Wish during the same time (Some how) it would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom