Why couldn't mages just teleport out of Novigrad?

+
Honestly, we wouldn't NEED an explanation if the Witch Hunters weren't such keystone cops.
But how could they be more powerful?
Magic always trumps no-magic unless you have a lot of dimeritium on your disposal (which we know is rare).
Witch Hunters should have had their own mages working for them but again that wouldn't make much sense considering how fanatical and hateful they are.

Anyway Sile should have just ported herself to Kovir (which she would have most likely done in that situation).

Magic always trumps no-magic unless you have a lot of dimeritium on your disposal (which we know is rare).
Witch Hunters should have had their own mages working for them but again that wouldn't make much sense considering how fanatical and hateful they are.

Anyway Sile should have just ported herself to Kovir (which she would have most likely done in that situation).

I would assume Kovir would then just turn her over.

Kovir is the King of Contemptible Neutrality.

They could be shown as having "Witch Hunter special forces" like Temerian's from W2, with highly trained stealth using elite troops.
Also dimeritium stuff and other magic claptraps of some sort.

Also as @willow says, a more serious and professional portrayal would already help immensely.

They could be shown as having "Witch Hunter special forces" like Temerian's from W2, with highly trained stealth using elite troops.
Also dimeritium stuff and other magic claptraps of some sort.

Also as @willow says, a more serious and professional portrayal would already help immensely.

You could make them knights.

They could be like the Knights of the White Rose!

Except, you know, with a fire motif!

But what would we call these special forces!?

That would be good for the story. I would also make Zuleyka loose all her trust in Sile and exile her or something. Cause as for now, she simply has a powerful political supporter who is completely ignored by the story. No mention of her in the game at all.

You could make them knights.
No. I think a more cunning, stealthy group would be much more dangerous and believable.

Last edited:
I would assume Kovir would then just turn her over.
Nope. The queen Zuleyka owed Sile. She saved her son from bad company, and the Queen was grateful, that Sile spoke to him and he became good boy. Plus, she was recluse, she had a castle somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Kovir, where she was doing a research, she could hide there.
But I understand, that I think and speak about book Sile, calm, smart and careful woman, the voice of reason of the Lodge. In canon she would never do the things she did in W2, even if there would be a need to kill someone, the killer would not know who hired him, because, shit, she is really smart. Plus, she is connected to the Kovir, to Tancred. Sapkowski named her De Tancarville for a reason, no Triss will replace her there.

Nope. The queen Zuleyka owed Sile. She saved her son from bad company, and the Queen was grateful, that Sile spoke to him and he became good boy. Plus, she was recluse, she had a castle somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Kovir, where she was doing a research, she could hide there.
But I understand, that I think and speak about book Sile, calm, smart and careful woman, the voice of reason of the Lodge. In canon she would never do the things she did in W2, even if there would be a need to kill someone, the killer would not know who hired him, because, shit, she is really smart. Plus, she is connected to the Kovir, to Tancred. Sapkowski named her De Tancarville for a reason, no Triss will replace her there.

That would imply the people of the North have any basic decency.

The Witcher is full of treachery.

Look at Radovid and Philippa. Findabair and the Scoia'tael. Or, hell, the Lodge and the fact they were formed to FIGHT Nilfgaard.

‘Nothing. But what about Kaedwen, Dandelion? Why didn’t Henselt of Kaedwen come to Demavend and Meve’s aid? They had a pact, after all; they were bound by an alliance. But even if Henselt, following Foltest’s example, pisses on the signatures and seals on documents, and the royal word means nothing to him, he cannot be stupid, can he? Doesn’t he understand that after the fall of Aedim and the deal with Temeria, it will be his turn; that he’s next on the Nilfgaardian list? Kaedwen ought to support Demavend out of good sense. There may no longer be faith nor truth in the world, but surely good sense still exists. What say you, Dandelion? Is there still good sense in the world? Or do only contemptibility and contempt remain?’

Dandelion turned his head away. The green lanterns were close. They were surrounding them in a tight ring. He hadn’t noticed it earlier, but now he understood. All the dryads had been listening in to his story.

‘You say nothing,’ said Geralt, ‘which means that Ciri was right. That Codringher was right. You were all right. Only I, the naive, anachronistic and stupid witcher, was wrong.’

Then again, the games have somehow made the North even WORSE than in the books.

And Philippa Eilhart went from being a passionate Patriot of the North to the ally of Nilfgaard and a mass-murderer.

And Philippa Eilhart went from being a passionate Patriot of the North to the ally of Nilfgaard and a mass-murderer.
She becomes an ally of Nilfgaard only in the end of TW3. In previous games (and in the books) she is an enemy of Nilgaard as she is afraid of Nilfgaard conquering the North and putting sorceresses in their place.

Then again, the games have somehow made the North even WORSE than in the books.
Honestly, I am under the impression that every game makes the North look much worse than in the previous installement.

Last edited:
She becomes an ally of Nilfgaard only in the end of TW3. In previous games (and in the books) she is an enemy of Nilgaard as she is afraid of Nilfgaard conquering the North and putting sorceresses in their place.

Yeah, that was....what the hell?

I know Radovid has made things difficult but that's just ludicrous.

I wanted to be with Ciri in that meeting mostly because I wanted to hear her LAUGH and LAUGH and LAUGH at that offer.
No. That was an offer for Ciri to join the reformed Lodge of Sorceresses as an equal member.
Philippa wants to become her advisor at the very end of the game, she tells you about it while searching for the Sunstone.

No. That was an offer for Ciri to join the reformed Lodge of Sorceresses as an equal member.
Philippa wants to become her advisor at the very end of the game, she tells you about it while searching for the Sunstone.

I know and Ciri's answer would be even more "Why in the world would you even THINK I'd be interested in that?"

Philippa might have a chance with Emhyr.

I know and Ciri's answer would be even more "Why in the world would you even THINK I'd be interested in that?"
Phil doesn't ask Ciri about that on screen. And Ciri seems to be strangely friendly and open towards her. Also it seems Eilhart is sure she will get the postion as she warns Geralt that her situation is about to dramatically change for better. Given the future situation of the Lodge described in the books, I think it is very probable.

Phil doesn't ask Ciri about that on screen. And Ciri seems to be strangely friendly and open towards her. Also it seems Eilhart is sure she will get the postion as she warns Geralt that her situation is about to dramatically change for better. Given the future situation of the Lodge described in the books, I think it is very probable.

Philippa dies at the hands of the Eternal Fire in the books.

Last edited:
Let's say, I suspect that you can potentially steal money from your neighbor because you have a backyard access to his house. Would it be "right" or "wrong" to put you in jail for that based on my suspicion?
What's up with these botched analogies guys? An equivalent would be the you having the key to the dead neighbour's AR15s' (weaponisable Catriona research) locker, and forcing you to give it up instead of giving it to a mobster (Radovid). No suspicion or jail possibly involved in any way.
It's a perfect analogy, because killing Keira is an execution for the crime she didn't commit but you suspected that she might commit it in the future? So, jailing you for having means of stealing something in the future is exactly the same reasoning. If you want closer analogy then you should be shot on the spot for possessing a research papers on some coronovirus that potentially can have a military and medical use, which you want to sell to your own government, because some vagabond decided he's entitled to decide what's best for the world.

Even conceding all the absurd gamey assumptions it'd work like this, in your own personal madeup situations and rules:

paesant : knight = knight : sorcerer

mob of paesants vs knight = mob of knights vs sorcerer

Actually, peasant vs knight has more chances for a peasant than knight vs sorcerer. In case of the mob nigher a knight nor a sorcerer would be stupid to fight them to death. Knight will just ride away on his horse, the sorcerer will teleport away after casting a meteor shower or some other nastiness on the crowd.

Considering spells mages can use and that some of them are weak. All mages in the witcher universe consider witcher's magic as primitive and not serious. They don't even call it magic. This is why witcher magic is called signs, not spells. Even a beginner mage can produce something more powerful than Geralt's signs. If we to believe TW3, Geralt can kill everybody only using his signs. Therefore, even the beginner mage can case damage similar to Geralt's. Geralt can singlehandedly exterminate all witch hunters in their compound therefore, 2-3 novice mages also can do that for sure. In life and death situation they should have done it. And if Triss were invited to the party then it would have been one way massacre of the hunters. Dimeritium is not that powerful and never was, it is also rare. Even if we say "fuck the books" and believe only the game, my Geralt had 20 dimeritium bars in his backpack and armor with dimeritium components, it doesn't hinder him, spells also worked on him.

Considering possibility of capturing Sile... She has infinite amount of options not to get caught. The most probable scenario after TW2:

Sile teleports to Kovir. She has a very good relationship with Queen Zuleyka there. She has her own castle, which means she has a status of either baroness or even countess. That status means, in medieval setting, that she has also her own army loyal to her (like the La Valette forces in TW2). Not only it's seriously doubtful that Zuleyka will agree to give her up to some retards calling themselves witch hunters the process itself will require a war like Foltest waged in TW2 where someone has to storm Sile's castle. And with Sile's spellpower it would require some other Lodge member sorceress to counter her, which they'll refuse provide, of course. Even if they capture the castle Sile will have plenty of time to teleport away. Witcher's world doesn't have television and internet, 99.9% of the people don't even know how she looks like, just by changing clothes she'll be safe in most places. All sorceresses upgrade their looks, similar way Sile can just change her appearance by magic, so nobody will recognize her ever, even her friends. She always has an option to teleport to Nilfgaard and avoid practicing magic openly. She's smart and isn't impulsive and ambitious like Yennefer, she'll do fine there. There're really thousands of possibilities for her to avoid capture.

In conclusion, there's no fucking way Sile could have been captured by witch hunters. It is as probable as her being eaten by a dinosaur. Similarly, Margarita Laux-Antille is also extremely hard to get caught.

Top Bottom