How different were the different schools of Witchers?

+
How different were the different schools of Witchers?

Has this ever been covered in the books? You have Wolf, Viper, Bear, Cat and Griffin. Did they teach different techniques and what is the meaning of the animals that represent their schools? Personally I think that Lethos should be a member of the school of the Bear with his massive size.

Wolf Cat and Griffin in the books the Bear and Viper are made up for the game

---------- Updated at 10:05 PM ----------

Wolf Cat and Griffin in the books the Bear and Viper are made up for the game According to Geralt of Rivia, the Cat School diverged essentially into assassins for hire, thus earning the hatred of many whom seek vengeance. Appropriately, the equipment that can be crafted in Wild Hunt supports this combat style: incredibly lightweight, body-hugging armor and weapons focused on piercing through armor and causing bleeding.

Last edited:

Wolf Cat and Griffin in the books the Bear and Viper are made up for the game According to Geralt of Rivia, the Cat School diverged essentially into assassins for hire, thus earning the hatred of many whom seek vengeance. Appropriately, the equipment that can be crafted in Wild Hunt supports this combat style: incredibly lightweight, body-hugging armor and weapons focused on piercing through armor and causing bleeding.

Thanks for the info. I forgot that the Bear and Viper are made up for the game.

There is a dialogue with Lambert in Witcher 1 where he says Wolf school focuses on swordsmanship whereas Cat and Griffin schools focus on signs and alchemy (I can't rember which focuses on signs and which focuses on alchemy.) Whether this is from the books or CDPR made it up for the games, idk.

There is a dialogue with Lambert in Witcher 1 where he says Wolf school focuses on swordsmanship whereas Cat and Griffin schools focus on signs and alchemy (I can't rember which focuses on signs and which focuses on alchemy.) Whether this is from the books or CDPR made it up for the games, idk.

Ahh, I guess my Gerlat is more like the Cat and Griffin witchers then. I always focus primarily in alchemy. I believe that is where the true power of a witcher lies.

I can't back this up, but i would also assume that the different schools have a different focus in their training.

Maybe there was even once a time where you needed specialized witchers.

Although the Cat is notorious for being assassins for hire based on in game lore..in the books, I'd probably interpret it as to the individual witcher. Our Geralt is, IMO, the most gullible witcher of all time. Like example for other witchers in kaer morhen..eskel and vesemir both very professional..while lambert, the douchiest witcher you may come across.

---------- Updated at 01:50 PM ----------

Sorry mate..but even in the novel..you barely get info if they were so called schools or just fashioned after the individual witcher..all we know, as for reading the books, bonhart was brandishing trophies of wolf,cat and griffin witcher medallions...i think you'd need to go to a book signing and ask the author himself to get a credible answer..anything else is basically fan-lore

---------- Updated at 01:51 PM ----------

Has this ever been covered in the books? You have Wolf, Viper, Bear, Cat and Griffin. Did they teach different techniques and what is the meaning of the animals that represent their schools? Personally I think that Lethos should be a member of the school of the Bear with his massive size.

Sorry mate..but even in the novel..you barely get info if they were so called schools or just fashioned after the individual witcher..all we know, as for reading the books, bonhart was brandishing trophies of wolf,cat and griffin witcher medallions...i think you'd need to go to a book signing and ask the author himself to get a credible answer..anything else is basically fan-lore

Top Bottom