Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my end, the only thing I think which would stand between a Book Geralt and a Game Triss is not so much Yennefer but Ciri.

If Triss is still loyal to the Lodge, that will be a SERIOUS crimp in my Geralt's situation. The Lodge is on Geralt's "Kill Bill" list of people to protect Citi.

Geralt and Yennefer are through in my playthrough but there's no choice between Triss and Ciri or Yennefer or Ciri or the World and Ciri.

It's Ciri all the way for my Geralt.

She is his Everything.

And Fire HELP anyone who tries to get between them.

Ok I know others have mentioned this before, this goes to a conversation we've had on and off the last few days about the inconsistencies in the other characters(NPC) and how they are NOT aware of the player's choice.

Philippa Eilhart in the Sunstone quest...her dialog in that was a flaming mess! First time through with the Yen romance, it still was awkward with the Triss reference...but on this playthrough, with Triss as the romance option, NONE of it made any sense!

The player had no options to correct Philippa and the things she was asking about Yen, it was like Geralt still shared her bed. It was detracting and a total immersion killer.

Just wanted to share those thoughts...:)

Last edited:
I have a question, I heard that if you romance Triss and Ciri becomes the Empress you get a scene at the end with Triss, Geralt, Zoltan and Dandelion in a tavern.
So is that true, is there any dialogue with Triss (doubt it) and can someone link me a youtube of it if they can find it?

I can't find that on youtube at all, it's either with Yen or it skips the scene.

You do, she will be at the Inn in White Orchard sitting next to you and she'll tell you the same thing Yennefer does "Aren't you supposed to be meeting someone" You'll tell her "Alright" and you'll go to meet Ciri.

You won't find it on youtube, All Triss's fans are here, having discussions about the bad romance options/choices and the inconsistencies.

Ok I know others have mentioned this before, this goes to a conversation we've had on and off the last few days about the inconsistencies in the other characters(NPC) and how they are NOT aware of the player's choice.

Philippa Eilhart in the Sunstone quest...her dialog in that was a flaming mess! First time through with the Yen romance, it still was awkward with the Triss reference...but on this playthrough, with Triss as the romance option, NONE of it made any sense!

The player had no options to correct Philippa and thing she was asking about Yen was like Geralt still shared her bed. It was detracting and a total immersion killer.

Well she's saying the whole Triss-Yen-Ciri-Geralt is weird and I think it works for both romances.

Geralt can say, "We're over." to Yen or Triss but Philippa wouldn't believe it.

The thing is, Philippa THREATENS Yennefer and Ciri BOTH while in that conversation.

I wanted a Renegade Interrupt option where you stab her.

Well she's saying the whole Triss-Yen-Ciri-Geralt is weird and I think it works for both romances.

The thing is, Philippa THREATENS Yennefer and Ciri BOTH while in that conversation.

Yeah, I get that first part and it makes sense...but the conversation near the end, it was really odd if the player had kicked Yen to the curb...and I will take, Renegade Interrupt for 1000 Alex!

I was mainly talking about Triss's personality after meeting Geralt. Not before. It seems unfair to judge her considering how much she changed after falling in love with him. Triss romantically suffered more than most. She waited for a life that she wanted to have with him to start for 20 years, during those 20 years she didn't have much but obsession and desperation.

Sorry if I misunderstood you. Yes, you are right, in the books she was shy in front of Geralt and even blushed when she was talking about him (that was kinda cute). Yep, she changed a lot after falling in love with him he obviously had a huge impact on her and poor girl was unable to forget him.

Where is HardcoreSalmon saying he wouldn't even do that to his worst enemy?

Is it the case when she called herself a mistake? Oh. That's cruel.

I did the "Favorite Mistake' by Sheryll Crow for that.

Of course, that's hilarious because my music tastes are more Sabaton and Blind Guardian than pop female vocalists.

The player had no options to correct Philippa and thing she was asking about Yen was like Geralt still shared her bed. It was detracting and a total immersion killer.

I have no idea if it is the same dialogue if you romance Yen (you might be able to tell me), but imo everything apart from that fountain scene after finding Ciri was just one complete giant mess and immersion killer for romancing Triss. It is all about being half baked in that situation and it was not hitting the nail on the head.

What i am saying is that Philippa first talks about how hard it must be fore Ciri to deal with the love triangle going on, and i was just thinking i can not remember anything from Ciri that hints she is struggling to cope with it (correct me if i am wrong), in fact she doesn't even care about who Geralt ends up with (at least from what i saw). The game acts like it is hard for Ciri but sorry devs you can't imply something like that, it needs to be shown or at least talked about by Ciri.

Philippa says something like Triss eagerly awaits the chance to hop into bed with him, at which i understood it because he is with her now, they can hop into bed as much as they want. Not to mention most of their scenes don't involve a bed at all. Then later she talks about taking Yen with him when he defeats the wild hunt, but again no option to say something else, we do get a "Triss might object" which i guess is ok (not great but ok), still this was the one chance to be able to talk/mention the relationship Geralt has with Yen/Triss with Philippa mind you, yet nothing there - all set in stone to what is said.........at that point the only rpg decisions left in the game is what you say to Ciri.

On my end, the only thing I think which would stand between a Book Geralt and a Game Triss is not so much Yennefer but Ciri.

If Triss is still loyal to the Lodge, that will be a SERIOUS crimp in my Geralt's situation. The Lodge is on Geralt's "Kill Bill" list of people to protect Citi.

Geralt and Yennefer are through in my playthrough but there's no choice between Triss and Ciri or Yennefer or Ciri or the World and Ciri.

It's Ciri all the way for my Geralt.

She is his Everything.

And Fire HELP anyone who tries to get between them.

When you said exex, you mean what i think?

---------- Updated at 03:00 AM ----------

I did the "Favorite Mistake' by Sheryll Crow for that.

Of course, that's hilarious because my music tastes are more Sabaton and Blind Guardian than pop female vocalists.

Mhmm The voice in the dark

Ok so.....

I can only see the game reflecting me choosing Triss and actually having a conversation with her at the end of the game in ONE of the game endings?! Why the hell isn't Triss there if Ciri becomes a witcher? WTF!

The best ending for the game isn't the ending where she becomes a Witcher. The best ending for the game is the ending where she becomes the Empress (Ithlinne's Prophecy)

Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

You could say that it was CDPR way of verifying which is best and which is not in TW3 endings.

Last edited:
Ok so.....

I can only see the game reflecting me choosing Triss and actually having a conversation with her at the end of the game in ONE of the game endings?! Why the hell isn't Triss there if Ciri becomes a witcher? WTF!

Yep that is why getting any other ending feels so empty, we didn't get the chance to say goodbye to characters like Triss, Yen, Dandelion, if you get another ending then all you get is the epilogue slides which are not that satisfying. The empress ending also takes place two months after Ciri beats the white frost, so i thought it was good to see Triss and Geralt happy after that time, but yep the witcher ending needed more and at least the chance to see Triss again, otherwise the last thing you hear from her is "good luck".....

When you said exex, you mean what i think?

Allow me to clarify:

* Triss is confirmed as bisexual in Blood of Elves.

* She mentions that Geralt is her SECOND most important relationship.

* Yennefer is mentioned as her MOST important relationship, even more so than Geralt.

* Most mages we meet in The Time of Contempt are confirmed as vaguely bisexual due to, I think, their extreme age.

So yeah, I was thinking they might have been exes but later books don't show a hint of that.

Allow me to clarify:

* Triss is confirmed as bisexual in Blood of Elves.

* She mentions that Geralt is her SECOND most important relationship.

* Yennefer is mentioned as her MOST important relationship, even more so than Geralt.

* Most mages we meet in The Time of Contempt are confirmed as vaguely bisexual due to, I think, their extreme age.

So yeah, I was thinking they might have been exes but later books don't show a hint of that.

Well.....

The best ending for the game isn't the ending where she becomes a Witcher. The best ending for the game is the ending where she becomes the Empress (Ithlinne's Prophecy)

Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

Except, the books are all about punching destiny in the nuts.

Ciri is like, "Screw your prophecies. I'm going to go hang with Arthur."

Which is AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom