• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to clarify:

* Triss is confirmed as bisexual in Blood of Elves.

* She mentions that Geralt is her SECOND most important relationship.

* Yennefer is mentioned as her MOST important relationship, even more so than Geralt.

* Most mages we meet in The Time of Contempt are confirmed as vaguely bisexual due to, I think, their extreme age.

So yeah, I was thinking they might have been exes but later books don't show a hint of that.

Wow...I'll quote Jayne from Firefly:

"I'll be in m'bunk..."

She never at any point called herself a mistake. What are you talking about?

I might be wrong, i barely remember anything. Geralt was saying their relationship was a mistake. Triss replied with "I am a mistake." Or something like that. And then Geralt said something like blah blah even a mistakes are important to me.

Allow me to clarify:

* Yennefer is mentioned as her MOST important relationship, even more so than Geralt.

* Most mages we meet in The Time of Contempt are confirmed as vaguely bisexual due to, I think, their extreme age.

So yeah, I was thinking they might have been exes but later books don't show a hint of that.

You can hear a lot of people thinking.. So why they don't accept the threesome trolololololol

Yep that is why getting any other ending feels so empty, we didn't get the chance to say goodbye to characters like Triss, Yen, Dandelion, if you get another ending then all you get is the epilogue slides which are not that satisfying. The empress ending also takes place two months after Ciri beats the white frost, so i thought it was good to see Triss and Geralt happy after that time, but yep the witcher ending needed more and at least the chance to see Triss again, otherwise the last thing you hear from her is "good luck".....

*rages*

I just don't even, that's completely wrecked my only playthrough of the game because apparantly I picked the wrong ending as well as the wrong romance.

Why are you doing this to me CDProjekt? I just wanted to see Triss!

I might be wrong, i barely remember anything. Geralt was saying their relationship was a mistake. Triss replied with "I am a mistake." Or something like that. And then Geralt said something like blah blah even a mistakes are important to me.

You're not wrong. She asked him if she was a mistake "I'm a mistake?!" she was obviously upset. She didn't say that she's a mistake though, she asked. It was the way Geralt made her feel about it.

Ok so.....

I can only see the game reflecting me choosing Triss and actually having a conversation with her at the end of the game in ONE of the game endings?! Why the hell isn't Triss there if Ciri becomes a witcher? WTF!

My good friend you are asking the same questions we have been asking since the begining. Where the f**k is Triss? Where is our beloved Triss? Why do I feel like every step of the gameplay my relationship with Triss is being ignored?

The answer is, because they f**ked up.

They didn't catch the inconsistancies or they intentionally ignored the character they developed over W1 and W2. In both case it's a huge blunder. I truely hope the dev fix this issue before closing the book on witcher series. It's a credibility thing, because it's not cool for a dev to say the game will do something and then the players find out during play that the game doesn't do what they promise.

The romance between Geralt and Triss is so beautiful I can not see those two with anyone else however, the inconsistancies are so obvious it can be compare to having a dwarf with a clean shave. NOT NORMAL

Last edited:
I just arrived at Kaer Morhen after seriously pissing of Yen because i chose the Sweet Buxom redhead over the angry ice queen (who reminds me way to much of my ex) only to find Triss is nowhere to be found. So if I'm understanding this correctly after reading a few pages of this thread while trying to avoid to many spoilers I've come to the conclusion that i will have very little,very superficial interaction with Triss for the rest of the game?

That is very disappointing and i feel will really bring me out of this otherwise amazing game if this is so i believe I'm going to stop playing for a while and hope that something is done about this (wont be the first time fan outrage causes changes to be made like the Mass Effect 3 ending).

I really hope I'm just misunderstanding I'll be the first to admit i didn't read this whole thread (its 800 pages and i have to work at some point) but if i have the jist of it i would without complaint pay for an expansion to do something about this. Has there been any word from the developer?

Allow me to clarify:

Most of them were bisexuals and some of them remained that way *Point fingers at Philippa*

Except, the books are all about punching destiny in the nuts.

Ciri is like, "Screw your prophecies. I'm going to go hang with Arthur."

Which is AWESOME.

Ciri as a Witcher is the best ending to me. Ciri didn't even care much for prophecies in game. She wanted to travel, steal horses, and be free. I also consider her going off to be an Empress a bit too Mary Sue for me. I would argue that her "dying" is the better ending for drama sake but I hate all the choices you have to do to kill her off.

You're not wrong. She asked him if she was a mistake "I'm a mistake?!" she was obviously upset. She didn't say that she's a mistake though, she asked. It was the way Geralt made her feel about it.

Yeah, Geralt was a complete bitcher. At least he was soft with her.

Yeah, Geralt was a complete bitcher. At least he was soft with her

He was, still is sometimes (Depends on the player choice in conversations and different situations). He always had a reason that could explain why he did this, that and the other. Yet he never bothers. He's the dark version of Batman.
This is the same exact reason why he's stuck with Butcher of Blaviken title.

My good friend you are asking the same questions we have been asking since the begining. Where the f**k is Triss. Where is our beloved Triss. Why do I feel like every step of the gameplay my relationship with Triss is being ignored.

The answer is, because they f**ked up.

They didn't catch the inconsistancies or they intentionally ignored the character they developed over W1 and W2. In both case it's a huge blunder. I truely hope the dev fix this issue before closing the book on witcher series. It's a credibility thing, because it's not cool for a dev to say the game will do something and then the players find out during play that the game doesn't do what they promise.

The romance between Geralt and Triss is so beautiful I can not see those two with anyone else however, the inconsistancies are so obvious it can be compare to having a dwarf with a clean shave. NOT NORMAL

Ahhhhhhh!!! the inconsistencies......THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ESCAPE FROM THEM!

Ok my crappy joke aside, i seriously would love to do a huge rant about every little detail in the game relating to the inconsistencies of choosing Triss, but if i did it wouldn't contribute to the thread and i would be here all day writing it lol.

Either they overlooked a lot of details or they simply had the idea that for Geralt to have his most personal story, it must be about the two woman he cared about most previously (Yen and Ciri) and there isn't anything wrong with that, because i am glad we got introduced to them finally, but they didn't take into consideration that Geralt's most personal story should include the one love he had over the previous games because there is enough valid reasons for Triss to be a central part of the game - yet they didn't do it like that so we are left to enjoy every little thing involving Triss because there simply is not enough there.

A lot of people have stated that there should of been another game whether as a prequel to this one or a sequel. In that case they could of spent the amount of time they needed to introduce the characters to the Witcher game world, rather than trying to cram the previous characters and the new characters into the one game which isn't as story focused as the Witcher 2 (feel free to disagree with that statement) so in any case bias and a lack of content for certain characters was always going to occur, and having Triss be part of that "lets move her out of the way" is like saying they don't give a s*** about what went out in the previous games (they cared to an extent maybe, but certainly not as much as it should be). Now we wait patiently and hope this all gets corrected, instead of enjoying the game right now.

I just arrived at Kaer Morhen after seriously pissing of Yen because i chose the Sweet Buxom redhead over the angry ice queen (who reminds me way to much of my ex) only to find Triss is nowhere to be found. So if I'm understanding this correctly after reading a few pages of this thread while trying to avoid to many spoilers I've come to the conclusion that i will have very little,very superficial interaction with Triss for the rest of the game?

That is very disappointing and i feel will really bring me out of this otherwise amazing game if this is so i believe I'm going to stop playing for a while and hope that something is done about this (wont be the first time fan outrage causes changes to be made like the Mass Effect 3 ending).

I really hope I'm just misunderstanding I'll be the first to admit i didn't read this whole thread (its 800 pages and i have to work at some point) but if i have the jist of it i would without complaint pay for an expansion to do something about this. Has there been any word from the developer?

We feel your pain. During my first playthrough I ran to Kaer Morhen first chance I got to se Triss only to find out she wasn't there. I searched every corner of Kaer Morhen looking for her. It was so depressing, it scarred me I ways I can't explain.

Triss is Geralt's Favorite Mistake

“Don’t resist. Don’t defend yourself. I can guess why you turned to me rather than her. Overcome your pride, crush your rancour and obstinacy. There is no point to it, you’ll torture yourself to death. And you are risking Ciri’s health and life in the process. Another trance is liable to be more dangerous to her than the Trial of Grasses. Ask Yennefer for help, Geralt.”

“And you, Triss?”

“What about me?” She swallowed with difficulty. “I’m not important. I let you down. I let you down… in everything. I was… I was your mistake. Nothing more.”

“Mistakes,” he said with effort, “are also important to me. I don’t cross them out of my life, or memory. And I never blame others for them. You are important to me, Triss, and always will be. You never let me down. Never. Believe me.”

She remained silent a long while.

“I will stay until spring,” she said finally, struggling against her shaking voice. “I will stay with Ciri… I will watch over her. Day and night. I will be with her day and night. And when spring is here… when spring is here we will take her to Melitele’s Temple in Ellander. The thing that wants to possess her might not be able to reach her in the temple. And then you will ask Yennefer for help.”

“All right, Triss. Thank you.”

“Geralt?”

“Yes.”

“Ciri said something else, didn’t she? Something only you heard. Tell me what it was.”

“No,” he protested and his voice quivered. “No, Triss.”

“Please.”

“She wasn’t speaking to me.”

“I know. She was speaking to me. Tell me, please.”

“After coming to… When I picked her up… She whispered: ‘Forget about him. Don’t torture him.’”

“I won’t,” she said quietly. “But I can’t forget. Forgive me.”

“I am the one who ought to be asking for forgiveness. And not only asking you.”

“You love her that much,” she stated, not asking.

“That much,” he admitted in a whisper after a long moment of silence.

“Geralt.” “Yes, Triss?”

“Stay with me tonight.”

“Triss…”
'
“Only stay.”

Ciri as a Witcher is the best ending to me. Ciri didn't even care much for prophecies in game. She wanted to travel, steal horses, and be free. I also consider her going off to be an Empress a bit too Mary Sue for me. I would argue that her "dying" is the better ending for drama sake but I hate all the choices you have to do to kill her off.

Her being the Empress of Nilfgaard with everything that she is (This line is from The Witcher 1) A princess, A witcheress and sorceress. The Nilfgaardian empire will have a just ruler and that empire will thrive under her rule.

I understand that everyone's opinion is different on the matter, but I saw that turning her into a Witcher isn't the life Geralt wanted for her. Nothing good comes out of it expect pain and suffering.

Yep the comments from the developer are on the very first post. To what you are saying, yes you will have little interaction with Triss later on, that is why we are here, because by the time you finish the game, it may feel/look like that the Triss romance arc was tacked on (and i seriously believe it was).

Her being the Empress of Nilfgaard with everything that she is (This line is from The Witcher 1) A princess, A witcheress and sorceress. The Nilfgaardian empire will have a just ruler and that empire will thrive under her rule.

I see this as what will happen right up until Day 2.

Empress Ciri: Free your slaves.

Guilds: No.

In the end, Ciri will have to burn Nilfgaard to the ground to redeem it....which may be the best ending.

I understand that everyone's opinion is different on the matter, but I saw that turning her into a Witcher isn't the life Geralt wanted for her. Nothing good comes out of it expect pain and suffering.

Except protection of the innocent, friends, romance, and others.

He was, still is sometimes (Depends on the player choice in conversations and different situations). He always had a reason that could explain why he did this, that and the other. Yet he never bothers. He's the dark version of Batman.
This is the same exact reason why he's stuck with Butcher of Blaviken title.

I love how CDPR carefully transferred the character from the books to the game. It makes the whole Triss romance f* up more painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom