Is there any way to go Kaer Morhen for Wolf School Gear before quest?

+
Is there any way to go Kaer Morhen for Wolf School Gear before quest?

Spoliler, be careful!

I want Wolf School Gear but for that I must go Kaer Morhen. Kaer Morhen map unlock before battle for ciri. I just finished velen and novigrad for finding Ciri and there are lots of quests between mine and battle of kaer morhen. My level is 16 now, wolf gear wants 14. When I reach kaer morhen quest probably I will be 25-30lvl. It is illogical, I think. Anyway Is there any way to go Kaer Morhen for Wolf School Gear before Battle of Kaer Morhen quest?

@necrospiritus, I was wondering this myself, perhaps a console cmd, but I'd hate to trigger some sort of improper quest sequencing. If there is a way it should be modded.

edit, however, there may be a way to just Console "additem" the diagrams into your crafting page, so you don't have to go there at all. Basically ignore the weird placement of the fetch quest. Some modders are building a list of console commands over at nexus, might be the best bet.

http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/214/?

additem('Wolf School steel sword')
additem('Wolf School silver sword')
additem('Wolf Armor')

additem('Wolf Armor schematic')
additem('Wolf Boots schematic')
additem('Wolf Gloves schematic')
additem('Wolf Pants schematic')

Last edited:
Spoliler, be careful!

I want Wolf School Gear but for that I must go Kaer Morhen. Kaer Morhen map unlock before battle for ciri. I just finished velen and novigrad for finding Ciri and there are lots of quests between mine and battle of kaer morhen. My level is 16 now, wolf gear wants 14. When I reach kaer morhen quest probably I will be 25-30lvl. It is illogical, I think. Anyway Is there any way to go Kaer Morhen for Wolf School Gear before Battle of Kaer Morhen quest?

Thanks for codes but I hate to use codes for items and quests. Generally it brokes game, you regret and hitting head to wall again and again. Its like "Karma is a b*tch."

@necrospiritus No. My wolf gear requires level 21 so idk maybe yours it's bugged

I didn't make the quest but I think Quest wants 14lvl, Gear wants 21lvl. It happend to me for other gear quests.

fced

Forum regular
I have the same problem, i think CDProject done a mistake by placing the Wolf gear in Kaer Morhen, because we cannot go there until LV 20 +...

Spoliler, be careful!

Guest 3800752

I have the same problem, i think CDProject done a mistake by placing the Wolf gear in Kaer Morhen, because we cannot go there until LV 20 +...

Actually it makes sens so people won't get it too early and spend their entire end-game with it.

Actually it makes sens so people won't get it too early and spend their entire end-game with it.

But problem is when I reach high level and go to Kaer Morhen, probably Normal wolf gear set will be insufficient for my level. So I have to upgrade to Enhanced/Superior and most of players never use Normal Gear Set. For me that is illogical part of this DLC/Gear set/quest...

The best way I've found for pc players is to use the gotoKaerMohren command. It places you in Kaer Mohren. After unpinning the fast travel point you'll be able to come back whenever you like. At 14, I am able to complete the quests but be warned Spoiler ahead.....
there are a couple of high level wraiths that you need to dispatch.
this way also allows you to come back and do the level 21 quests at level.

They should just make Kaer Morhen (or at least the zones required for the diagram quests) accessible at the appropriate level and be done with it.

Good thread. I too wanted to get my hands on the Wolven armor set. I just hit level 14 and haven't been to Novigrad yet and was bummed to find out I need to complete the Skellige story before having a chance to travel to KM (I want to finish Velen and Novigrad before traveling to KM).

It looks like I'll be using the console command to save me the fetch quest. I hate to do it that way, but it seems that is the best way to get the armor at the appropriate level for Geralt.

Is there a new thread for this? I know this one is old but....this annoyed the hell out of me to see it was available to wear at level 14 but you can't go to KM until practically the end of the MQ. Especially because I wanted to Geralt to wear the armor from his school for a good portion of the game.

I'm still in my first playthrough, but just figured out as well, that I can't get Wolven gear until getting to Kaer Morhen. I guess it fits the story, but it makes the normal set basically useless overall, since by the time the player gets there, Geralt's level is already 20+ or more.

Top Bottom