Wolf packs are annoying.

+
Wolf packs are annoying.

The derpy aimlock makes me hit the air when I want to hit a wolf behind me and I get half of my health gone and they stand get on the edge of Geralt's FOV so he sheetes his sword whislt the wolves are standing 1 centimeter from my igni.

use yrden it will slow them down, and ose oil for beasts for more damage, and bombs to take some of them down from far away

I love casting Yrden, and then watch the wolves move around in slow motion. Have Hairworks on, and it looks quite cool. I sometimes forget I have to kill them lol.

use yrden it will slow them down,
Exactly. And to that end, Sustained Glyphs helps tremendously! It doubles the length of Yrden, which means you need to cast it 50% less often. On top of that, I usually like to get two other Blue skills and a Blue mutagen to increase the duration by another 40%. Makes wolves and most other enemies significantly easier early-game.

Wolf meat and honeycombs are Geralt's primary diet throughout the game.
That may be true. But if you want to be an MLG pro-gamer like myself you will use baked potatoes and cow's milk, because those are the optimal food sources in the game ;)

When you're low level the wolves are very annoying, especially in packs.. but once you level up higher & with better weapons they're all too easy. I'm about level 12 now with a mourner sword and I just jump in the middle of a pack with my quen shield, last one standing is geralt everytime. It's the bigger beasts I fear now.. especially flying ones that are 20 above my level. I'm so not ready to tackle them just yet

I find Aard sweep to be the most effective. It is also useful against nekkars and anything that comes in large packs.

I've try to avoid wolves in my path with Roach at a full gallop, don't like kill them neither bears. And my favorite food is the most natural of the world... Water!

About honey, I've got about 700 orens only recolecting them and help me for buying Temerian's gear. The Herbolist from White Orchard is very generous with this product.

Dam wolf packs, I was playing over the weekend on DM & just landed in no mans land when I took on some Lvl 10 bandits trying to burn a sexy elf. As if it wasn't hard enough I proceed to take them out & a Bear showed up but he helped me out killing a few before they got him then just as i'm about to save the hot elf & take out the last one a wolf pack arrives & proceed to rip me into shreds.

When you're low level the wolves are very annoying, especially in packs.. but once you level up higher & with better weapons they're all too easy. I'm about level 12 now with a mourner sword and I just jump in the middle of a pack with my quen shield, last one standing is geralt everytime. It's the bigger beasts I fear now.. especially flying ones that are 20 above my level. I'm so not ready to tackle them just yet

It's the opposite for me.
They make sense at lower levels, when challenging and rewarding.
But once you outgrow them they become 100% a nuisance. Only thing to do is outrun them.
The world is effin infested by them. They're everywhere. And super aggressive.

Yeah, there are quite too many packs of wolves and wild dogs roaming the world, I mostly just outrun them on horseback, maybe take 1 out on the way.
I don't mind drowners though, always fun to slice them up, rarely pass a group I don't kill.

Yeah, there are quite too many packs of wolves and wild dogs roaming the world, I mostly just outrun them on horseback, maybe take 1 out on the way.
I don't mind drowners though, always fun to slice them up, rarely pass a group I don't kill.

Thing is drowners are easily avoidable. While wolf packs and rabid wild dogs have larger packs, a tendency to follow the player, and proximity to roads. Also make using shortcuts across countryside very annoying.

its all about equipment... once you get Viper steel sword in prologue, wolf packs stand no chance... i usually kill a wolf with two strikes, if you manage to circle your strikes, you might hit multiple of them at once...

anyway out of all monsters in the game, i would not want to be dropped into nest of drowners.. everything else is manageable.. (which is kinda strange, as Letho was mocking drowners to be some pathetic foe, yet their portrayal in game is far from pathetic...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom