Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands i really fear that the thread will go downhill without further reassurement on the matter.

Naaaaah! We have Policies About That. First, we warn, edit and delete. You've seen that.

Second, we ban. That's begun.

Third, we lock. No more downhill.

You may -never- get an answer from CDPR. Or, perhaps you will. But expecting one and predicating healthy forum behaviour on Dev response isn't going to work out, for the thread or the users that maintain that opinion.

Feel free to civilly, politely and on-topic discuss Triss and Romance. Vary from those guidelines and munchings and crunchings will happen.

Anyway, i think all this frustration comes from lack of clear answers form the DEVS. People are getting tired and some arguments have been beaten to death. And that's why some flames starts. I understand that those kind of decision requires time but as time passes people usually lose their patience. It's in the gene of the human being i think. At this point a statment on at least the smallest changes we desire (Skellige boat dialogue, lack of reactivity with Triss at KM) should be made.
As it stands i really fear that the thread will go downhill without further reassurement on the matter.

The game was released less than 40 days ago. That's hardly enough time. They need more time. Other people need time to finish the game and reach the point where they're either satisfied about Triss's content or join us here to express their dissatisfaction.

I'd rather they take their time and consider their decisions carefully about the matter after reading the feedback (At least the productive ones) than rushing into making decisions or making promises that they can't keep.

Nothing good will come out of rushing them, these things takes time.

Last edited:
Anyway, i think all this frustration comes from lack of clear answers form the DEVS. People are getting tired and some arguments have been beaten to death. And that's why some flames starts. I understand that those kind of decision requires time but as time passes people usually lose their patience. It's in the gene of the human being i think. At this point a statment on at least the smallest changes we desire (Skellige boat dialogue, lack of reactivity with Triss at KM) should be made.

Nothing wrong with being frustrated but, let's not allow the thread to go downhill. It's not easy because this discussion is 800+ pages and thousands of postings.

We need to stay focus on the topic at hand and try our best to avoid off topic conversations. A lot of people have worked too hard to get this thread some recognition, it be a shame to see all that go to waste.

Last edited:
The game was released less than 40 days ago. That's hardly enough time. They need more time. Other people need time to finish the game and reach the point where they're either satisfied about Triss's content or join us here to express their dissatisfaction.

I'd rather they take their time and consider their decisions carefully about the matter after reading the feedback (At least the productive ones) than rushing into making decisions or making promises that they can't keep.

Exactly. REDDorigen already kindly came on here and said that the issue has been brought up and he's waiting for decisions to be made. The fact alone that he's still viewing this forum is a good thing. At least they're listening, that's all we can ask for. So be patient. If you need to cool off then read the books if you haven't already or play something else in the meantime. The game took years to make and it's going to take more than a month after release to add/fix content so that the game feels more complete, if that's what they plan to do. Hopefully.

Naaaaah! We have Policies About That. First, we warn, edit and delete. You've seen that.

Second, we ban. That's begun.

Third, we lock. No more downhill.

You may -never- get an answer from CDPR. Or, perhaps you will. But expecting one and predicating healthy forum behaviour on Dev response isn't going to work out, for the thread or the users that maintain that opinion.

Feel free to civilly, politely and on-topic discuss Triss and Romance. Vary from those guidelines and munchings and crunchings will happen.

/offtopic Seems like you take that as a menace, it wasn't. I know you can lock the thread, ban do whatever you want before it can go downhill. I was only saying that frustration grows without clear answers. That doesn't mean we will get one ''predicating''. /end of the offtopic for me

All we can really do is wait and keep sharing our ideas. From what I have seen here there is no shortage of awesome ideas about how to handle issues about Triss and other character in the game.

I am playing the witcher 2 again and reaffirming everything, so far everything in W2 reinforced my decision to go for Triss again in W3.

That's exactly my point, people are being impatient. Wanting fixes, contents and patches released faster. I'll admit though, at this point, I no longer can play the game. It's too depressing considering where Triss's content/romance stands.

Staying on topic always helps and above all providing constructive criticisms on how to fix the problem.

Hmm Triss and Ciri, well, Geralt would have to be present, as I doubt it would be feasible to add another playable Ciri section (though that would be awesome). So, maybe on the boat? They could both be talking and Geralt could join in :)

Was wondering that too, can mods vote and take part in the discussions.

Its best that they don't or at least don't express them...MODS are different creatures than DEVs(REDS). MODS are the police of the forums...you NEVER want to even have an inkling of favoritism. The moment a MOD has that happen, then they are DONE for!

They have to wear the blindfold and hold scales in one hand but never forget they have a Thor sized BAN hammer on the hip!!!

Lets keep the thread open folks...Keep on topic...if we get off civilly guide folks back. No name calling(I have been guilty of that, no more) stay on topic and most importantly, ON TOPIC posts. Anyone comes on trying to derail the thread, ignore them and if they continue, report them and KEEP ignoring...

Ok, I was thinking...would it be a good exercise to break the inconsistencies down by Act? I think it would interesting to see, for instance, if you choose Yen does the choices change in anyway? Same for Triss...and I guess another choice is the unaffiliated.

Act 1 shouldn't be an issue but mid way to the end...do you think a Flow-Chart would help illustrate the points in this thread?

anyone have any ideas for a Triss/Ciri convo and where would it take place. (Back on topic :comeatmebro:)

How abouuuut...as Triss being like Ciri's big sis, she would try to cheer her up after Kaer Morhen by doing some girly stuff with her.
She would try to get her mind of all the serious stuff at least for a moment. Going shopping and maybe buying her new clothes, because she was bleeding and sweating them since...well forever.
Geralt could overhear the plan and decide to watch over them for a bit. He could sneak along and clearing out potential eternal fire ambushes or the like.
While staying out of sight he could listen to them chatting about the past or current realtionships...
It's been quite a long day and I may had a drinkt or two but I like the general idea.:coffee:

Ok guys we already said almost everything about what is wrong with the Triss Romance and what could be done about it through patch or EE or a Kovir DLC/Expansion but we don't know if we are going to get any of this.
What we know is Hearts of Stone is coming in a few month with 10 hours of content in Oxenfurt and Blood and Wine in 6 month or more with 20 hours of content in the new region of Toussaint so if CDPR decide to not allowing ressources to fix the Triss romance maybe we should suggest to allow some of the ressources of the expansions to include Triss/Yen content and not only "characters both new and dearly missed".

Ok guys we already said almost everything about what is wrong with the Triss Romance and what could be done about it through patch or EE or a Kovir DLC/Expansion but we don't know if we are going to get any of this.
What we know is Hearts of Stone is coming in a few month with 10 hours of content in Oxenfurt and Blood and Wine in 6 month or more with 20 hours of content in the new region of Toussaint so if CDPR decide to not allowing ressources to fix the Triss romance maybe we should suggest to allow some of the ressources of the expansions to include Triss/Yen content and not only "characters both new and dearly missed".

Damn right !

How abouuuut...as Triss being like Ciri's big sis, she would try to cheer her up after Kaer Morhen by doing some girly stuff with her.
She would try to get her mind of all the serious stuff at least for a moment. Going shopping and maybe buying her new clothes, because she was bleeding and sweating them since...well forever.
Geralt could overhear the plan and decide to watch over them for a bit. He could sneak along and clearing out potential eternal fire ambushes or the like.
While staying out of sight he could listen to them chatting about the past or current realtionships...
It's been quite a long day and I may had a drinkt or two but I like the general idea.:coffee:

Lol your imagination is wild. Awesome tho. I think Triss's relationship with Geralt effectively make her more than just a big sister and friend.

Maybe someone can adequately define their new relationship better than me. You can see in the Kaer Morhen scenes that Triss really cares about Ciri and Ciri cares a lot about Triss. I really enjoy the scene when Ciri assisted Triss on the wall, then Triss saved Ciri by impaling the hunt rider with the heated sword.

Just came here to share something that surprised me. I never chose the third option before.

Geralt: You're the one organizing the mages' escape from Novigrad.

Triss: Sometimes I have no idea how I managed to bring them all together...

Geralt: They don't have anyone else.

Triss: Sheesh. Thanks, Geralt. If you meant to say something nice, try again.

Three dialogue options

Geralt: Your eyes, they are like stars.

Triss: Hmmm... Geraalt...

Geralt: Really, they are incredibly shiny. Could be the wine. You better not drink anymore.

Triss: You are terrible, you know that.

Geralt: Someone's coming.

Geralt: I'm glad we came here, together.

Triss: Really? Despite all these bloated nobles, the bowing, the fake smiles?

Geralt: Mhm. Not often we get the chance to just talk.

Triss: Something you've been meaning to say to me?

Geralt: Uhh. You look nice.

Triss: Pffff... a witcher's compliments....

Just came here to share something that surprised me. I never chose the third option before.

Geralt: You're the one organizing the mages' escape from Novigrad.

Triss: Sometimes I have no idea how I managed to bring them all together...

Geralt: They don't have anyone else.

Triss: Sheesh. Thanks, Geralt. If you meant to say something nice, try again.

Three dialogue options

Ok thanks now I have to try all this, not going to sleep much :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom