Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys we already said almost everything about what is wrong with the Triss Romance and what could be done about it through patch or EE or a Kovir DLC/Expansion but we don't know if we are going to get any of this.
What we know is Hearts of Stone is coming in a few month with 10 hours of content in Oxenfurt and Blood and Wine in 6 month or more with 20 hours of content in the new region of Toussaint so if CDPR decide to not allowing ressources to fix the Triss romance maybe we should suggest to allow some of the ressources of the expansions to include Triss/Yen content and not only "characters both new and dearly missed".

I don't think that would be the best approach but that is just my opinion. I think most of the resources for the expansion is already focus on those stories. We need to focus our ideas so when CDPR decides to take this up, they can focus on fixing the issues to give everyone fulfillment.

If we ask them to refocus resources we risk getting patches that are half done and unsatisfying because they had to rush to meet the released date. On the other hand if nothing is done we alao risk the game staying in it's current form which in my opinion is grossly lacking and incomplete.

I think the best approach is for CDPROJEKTRED to take this up as a legitimate concern and then dedicate the resource to fixing it. If they decide that they may have to charge for the finish product, I am sure many people wouldn't complain about that.

We are not insensitive or unaware about the cost of dedicating resources to something like this and we understand that the dev obviously have to make some profit from the undertaken. We cannot honestly ask them to shed out the funds to fix this issues if we are not willing to shed out some funds to pay for it. It's about sharing the burden.

The Elven Bath scene was so amazing and watching it again makes me feel even worse about what CDPR did in Witcher 3. I just don't understand what went through their heads...

I'll tell you what went through their head's, the books, they are all book readers. Yennefer's role in the books is a LOT larger than Triss'.

What they failed to take into consideration is that the majority of their customers have never read the books, for a non book reader Triss' role in the games is a LOT larger than Yennefer's.

It's like completley reversed between the books and the games, in the books Yennefer is Geralt's primary love interest and she is discussed way more than Triss and in the games Triss is Geralt's primary love interest and she is seen and talked about way more than Yennefer.

The whole problem with The Witcher 3 is that they probably had no objective views in that studio from people who had never read the books and only played the games so they wrote the final story with the book's story looming large in the backs of their minds.

Meanwhile the majority of their customers/fans who are not book readers by the way were anticipating The Witcher 3 with the game series story looming large in their minds.

It was a total disconnect between the studio and the game players that created the issues we are discussing now.

I don't think that would be the best approach but that is just my opinion. I think most of the resources for the expansion is already focus on those stories. We need to focus our ideas so when CDPR decides to take this up, they can focus on fixing the issues to give everyone fulfillment.

If we ask them to refocus resources we risk getting patches that are half done and unsatisfying because they had to rush to meet the released date. On the other hand if nothing is done we alao risk the game staying in it's current form which in my opinion is grossly lacking and incomplete.

I think the best approach is for CDPROJEKTRED to take this up as a legitimate concern and then dedicate the resource to fixing it. If they decide that they may have to charge for the finish product, I am sure many people wouldn't complain about that.

We are not insensitive or unaware about the cost of dedicating resources to something like this and we understand that the dev obviously have to make some profit from the undertaken. We cannot honestly ask them to shed out the funds to fix this issues if we are not willing to shed out some funds to pay for it. It's about sharing the burden.

Most of us agree romances deserve specific resources to be fixed considering how much is missing for Triss, for me the perfect solution is the Kovir dlc/expansion as it could provide load of romance content and can be sold to give CDPR remuneration for their hard work.
It's only if none of what we suggest could be done why not add in Blood and wine for example some time with your romance choice and/or friend, "an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual" is perfect for that IMO.

I'll tell you what went through their head's, the books, they are all book readers. Yennefer's role in the books is a LOT larger than Triss'.

What they failed to take into consideration is that the majority of their customers have never read the books, for a non book reader Triss' role in the games is a LOT larger than Yennefer's.

It's like completley reversed between the books and the games, in the books Yennefer is Geralt's primary love interest and she is discussed way more than Triss and in the games Triss is Geralt's primary love interest and she is seen and talked about way more than Yennefer.

The whole problem with The Witcher 3 is that they probably had no objective views in that studio from people who had never read the books and only played the games so they wrote the final story with the book's story looming large in the backs of their minds.

Meanwhile the majority of their customers/fans who are not book readers by the way were anticipating The Witcher 3 with the game series story looming large in their minds.

It was a total disconnect between the studio and the game players that created the issues we are discussing now.

Yes and no. If the same people worked on all three games, I can tell you they spent a lot more time with Triss than Yen. You read a book in a couple of days(or hours) and spent a few months/years writing it. Same deal with a game, play it in a week, develop it for years.

If anything they were very anxious about the introduction of Yennefer and Ciri, and were worried about given them proper and meaningful roles, that they forgot about the other characters.

I just replayed the ending again...

Then I went out to YouTube and pulled up the ending 'plates'. Triss' rom ending is more wordy than the Yen one but...I may be hypercritical but, it didn't sound as 'complete' as the Yen version. Let me illuminate:
1)
While monarchs moved borders and populations, Geralt and Yennefer lived a calm, quiet life far from all things political.
They breakfasted well after noon, more often than not in bed, and passed the days on lazy strolls and long conversations.
Boring, you say? Perhaps. But both had sought this more than anything else.

2)
Hard as it may be to believe, Geralt planted roots - in faraway Kovir.
He and Triss settled down, their home warm and smelling of freshly backed cakes. Guests were always welcome, no matter the day or the hour.
The witcher would take jobs at times, more from habit than need. For Triss earned a true fortune as the mage advisor to Korvir's king.

I just don't think the last one flows to the end...it feels like there needs to be something else said.

something like this is what I was thinking:

But it was as Geralt promised her, all those years earlier, by a fountain in the shadow of a rose.

Just needs something for closure...or as I asked first, am I just picking at the the nic?

Last edited:
Most of us agree romances deserve specific resources to be fixed considering how much is missing for Triss, for me the perfect solution is the Kovir dlc/expansion as it could provide load of romance content and can be sold to give CDPR remuneration for their hard work.
It's only if none of what we suggest could be done why not add in Blood and wine for example some time with your romance choice and/or friend, "an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual" is perfect for that IMO.

I would definitely sign this. Your words are same as my thoughts, but I cannot make them sound real in English (damn, why I can so easy translate anything from English to Czech, but cannot make decent sentense in English :/ ).. Thank You so much for Your words... :)

I'll finish your speech.
However, many of people read the books and chose Triss.

Yes and no. If the same people worked on all three games, I can tell you they spent a lot more time with Triss than Yen. You read a book in a couple of days(or hours) and spent a few months/years writing it. Same deal with a game, play it in a week, develop it for years.

If anything they were very anxious about the introduction of Yennefer and Ciri, and were worried about given them proper and meaningful roles, that they forgot about the other characters.
I think so too, but when CD PR came up with the amnesia for Geralt, and then this amnesia used Triss.
Maybe if Geralt regains his memory and breaks the spell of a Gene, then it must be a choice after all these adventures?

Last edited:
Beautiful words.))
Third DLC - «Kovir». I want to see this!
Triss in Tussent too.))

I am hoping someone here also read what I THOUGHT I had...

I thought a RED had explained that the paid expansions would be 'drop in' type of expansions...that for instance, the first one might be for lvl 10-20 so the 'gateway' quest for it would appear as an option as soon as the player reached Novigrad/Skelliga. The other, larger one, would probably be for a later level, maybe encompassing from Ugly Baby to Brothers in Arms time...

Reason I ask is, if these are drop in modules...and someone on here thought that these were parts that had to be cut from the main story to accommodate the release...it's possible that these could hold some of the fixes for the inconsistencies AND the romance issues we've talked at length here.

If they are done virtually seamlessly...I am dreaming I know. But it is a good dream is it not?

I can see that happening. Now we are kindly suggesting they go back and take a second look at Geralt romance with Triss because the way it was handled is very screw up.

They really can't expect all the people playing the game who have establish their relationship with Triss from W1 through W2 and now onto W3 to simply forget about Triss and run to Yen just to have a good playthrough.

I don't like the feeling of being forced to make a specific decision. During the game ever step of the way it seems like to get something you have to go against the choices you normally make.

I hated how they eliminated so many possibilities simply to introduce a new character. For example, finding the rose of remembrance automatically had me be living that it would bloom and I can give it back to Triss. How could they miss that? The rose of remembrance would have been a lovely addition to the Geralt-Triss amazing love story. It blooms after you finally confess your love for Triss and then at some point you have the chance to give it back to her as reassurance.

They would rather have you bang some chick they forced on you on a unicorn instead of leaving the choice up to the player. I wouldn’t bang anyone on a unicorn, besides I am alergic to horse hair. Therefore my Geralt is alergic to unicorn hair. Lol. It makes me so disappointed to see all the missed opportunities.

There is still a chance tho for the dev to salvage the last game of the witcher series and transform it from good into a Masterpiece for everyone especially other devs to envy and admire.

I just replayed the ending again...

Then I went out to YouTube and pulled up the ending 'plates'. Triss' rom ending is more wordy than the Yen one but...I may be hypercritical but, it didn't sound as 'complete' as the Yen version. Let me illuminate:
1)
While monarchs moved borders and populations, Geralt and Yennefer lived a calm, quiet life far from all things political.
They breakfasted well after noon, more often than not in bed, and passed the days on lazy strolls and long conversations.
Boring, you say? Perhaps. But both had sought this more than anything else.

2)
Hard as it may be to believe, Geralt planted roots - in faraway Kovir.
He and Triss settled down, their home warm and smelling of freshly backed cakes. Guests were always welcome, no matter the day or the hour.
The witcher would take jobs at times, more from habit than need. For Triss earned a true fortune as the mage advisor to Korvir's king.

I just don't think the last one flows to the end...it feels like there needs to be something else said.

something like this is what I was thinking:

But it was as Geralt promised her, all those years earlier, by a fountain in the shadow of a rose.

Just needs something for closure...or as I asked first, am I just picking at the the nic?

No you're not hypercritical. In whole witcher 3 writers somehow downgraded all of Triss' sexuality and sexual charm even in the endings and even if it's a happy ending. Her sex scenes are censored as well, they toned down the flirtations, chose a dramatic build up. In the Yen ending they enjoy themselves in the bed days and nights while in the Triss ending "guests are welcomed and it's a warm home" talks about breads etc. The only interaction that's shown between Triss and Geralt is the painting that Triss' sewing up Geralt's wounds. It lacks what Geralt and Triss do together.
So in short words Triss and Geralt ending can be defined as "choosing your life partner"
while Yen and Geralt ending can be defined as "in heaven with the love of your life with no care in the world"

Though I'm not a fan of Yen ending simply because it's pretty dull, that sort of heaven can only last a few years then both parties would be bored if not then it would be way too unrealistic.

Last edited:

You are right in a way, they did spend a LOT of time developing all 3 games BUT not all that time was spent on Triss. Writing each games story probably didnt take that long either, it's kind of like writing a screenplay. I imagine most of the development time went into creating game assets like shoes, pants, rocks, trees, swords, etc etc.

Its hard to put yourself in the perspective of a book reader if you have not read the books but as with any book series that you have read you form strong opinions and ideas about the world in your head and you can never really make those ideas and opinions go away.

For example if you took two people and told them to write a short story about the wizard Gandalf from Tolkien and one person had never heard about Tolkien and the other was a huge fan of the books you would get two very different characters. One would be highly influenced by the books the other would be purely imaginative.

What I am saying is that since CDPR are all known to be book readers The Witcher 3's story was much more highly influenced by the books than by the last two games and that is where the problem creeps in, especially concerning Yen and Triss.

You could almost say that subconsciously because of having read the books the games writers saw Yennefer as the sole primary love interest despite the previous games.

Trust me I'm not against them adding Triss to the expansion however, my concern is that there may not be enough time before the first expansion plan realease date for them to truely flesh out her character. I don't think anyone can stomach another disappointing/half assed Triss work or more of the well, well, well because they rushed the contents.

I am by no mean against more time with Triss. Love the character too much to suggest anything but more time with her. I honestly think her romance with Geralt is more normal and it's better for both of them in the long run.

I am not a relationship expert but, I'm not blind. I agree that even a simple visit with her every now and then goes a long way in a game like this consideration the number of hours you have to put into playing.

No you're not hypercritical. In whole witcher 3 writers somehow downgraded all of Triss' sexuality and sexual charm even in the endings and even if it's a happy ending. Her sex scenes are censored as well, they toned down the flirtations, chose a dramatic build up. In the Yen ending they enjoy themselves in the bed days and nights while in the Triss ending "guests are welcomed and it's a warm home" talks about breads etc. The only interaction that's shown between Triss and Geralt is the painting that Triss' sewing up Geralt's wounds. It lacks what Geralt and Triss do together.
So in short words Triss and Geralt ending can be defined as "choosing your life partner"
while Yen and Geralt ending can be defined as "in heaven with the love of your life with no care in the world"

Though I'm not a fan of Yen ending simply because it's pretty dull, that sort of heaven can only last a few years then both parties would be bored if not then it would be way too unrealistic.

Well, not to dogpile the romance rabbit...sounds like a sex toy...sorry...where was I, OH...

I've been out in front of the idea, Triss needs a lot of help in the story, especially in the later parts...but I firmly believe so does Yen. Maybe Triss' needs an overhaul where as Yen's needs just an oil-change or some wax.

The idea that Geralt and Yen will lounge around...I get that, they are apparently good at that. And the long strolls...see the Last Wish. Geralt waxes poetic a couple times and the ending is really nice showing them together. And before this, at the Frey's Garden, when Geralt starts 'horsin' around with Yen and...SHOCK...Yen plays right back! That was done great! But I think for me to 'buy' the end story, I need another scene or two like that from Yen. Its scenes like that which makes me BELIEVE in this love they profess for one another.

And now for Triss=ROM...OMG. Well? and, Good Luck. Really? "...and she waddled away, waddle waddle waddle..." I wanted to throw Grapeshot at her...you are seriously going to just say that s**t and be gone?

And all that and I WAS PREPARED for it...can not imagine how horrible that romance choice was for folks on their first spin through the game!

You are right in a way, they did spend a LOT of time developing all 3 games BUT not all that time was spent on Triss. Writing each games story probably didnt take that long either, it's kind of like writing a screenplay. I imagine most of the development time went into creating game assets like shoes, pants, rocks, trees, swords, etc etc.

Its hard to put yourself in the perspective of a book reader if you have not read the books but as with any book series that you have read you form strong opinions and ideas about the world in your head and you can never really make those ideas and opinions go away.

For example if you took two people and told them to write a short story about the wizard Gandalf from Tolkien and one person had never heard about Tolkien and the other was a huge fan of the books you would get two very different characters. One would be highly influenced by the books the other would be purely imaginative.

What I am saying is that since CDPR are all known to be book readers The Witcher 3's story was much more highly influenced by the books than by the last two games and that is where the problem creeps in, especially concerning Yen and Triss.

You could almost say that subconsciously because of having read the books the games writers saw Yennefer as the sole primary love interest despite the previous games.

I agree, once you get your "idea" of how things should be, it's very hard to see otherwise. Makes me wonder, we know they are big fans of Yennefer over there. Why not include her at all in W1? Or W2 for that matter.

Trust me I'm not against them adding Triss to the expansion however, my concern is that there may not be enough time before the first expansion plan realease date for them to truely flesh out her character. I don't think anyone can stomach another disappointing/half assed Triss work or more of the well, well, well because they rushed the contents.

I am by no mean against more time with Triss. Love the character too much to suggest anything but more time with her. I honestly think her romance with Geralt is more normal and it's better for both of them in the long run.

I am not a relationship expert but, I'm not blind. I agree that even a simple visit with her every now and then goes a long way in a game like this consideration the number of hours you have to put into playing.

Well I don't believe in any change in their plan for first expansion because release date as you said very well and because it may be low level, like other Oxenfurt quests as Riddlin said very well too:

I thought a RED had explained that the paid expansions would be 'drop in' type of expansions...that for instance, the first one might be for lvl 10-20 so the 'gateway' quest for it would appear as an option as soon as the player reached Novigrad/Skelliga. The other, larger one, would probably be for a later level, maybe encompassing from Ugly Baby to Brothers in Arms time...

And it's the part of the leveling were there is no need at all to get more romance.

So most likely Heart of stone are not going to be Heart of Triss.

But I don't think everything is already planned for Blood and wine or even better than that, they could have planned already so sort or romance expansion in the first place knowing about all of what they wanted to include in the game but couldn't because of time and focus on Ciri/Yen.

Well I don't believe in any change in their plan for first expansion because release date as you said very well and because it may be low level, like other Oxenfurt quests as Riddlin said very well too:

And it's the part of the leveling were there is no need at all to get more romance.

So most likely Heart of stone are not going to be Heart of Triss.

But I don't think everything is already planned for Blood and wine or even better than that, they could have planned already so sort or romance expansion in the first place knowing about all of what they wanted to include in the game but couldn't because of time and focus on Ciri/Yen.

I sorta get that...

But what I was aiming at was, the idea IF they have these "module" (for lack of a better term) and they can be dropped into an existing story...IF thats how they plan on doing it, then ANYTHING is possible for a fix to all this...yes, they would have to rework the "Well?" and the "Good Luck" and maybe offer a beefer ending but, it could be much simpler for the OVERALL effect for the player. Players might not even understand this threads purpose after they implement the 'fix' and the expansions are out there.

It's moments like this were I let myself get hopeful...that is the reason CDPR is so quiet about this...they just be laughing and waiting...

18 months from now...
Dev 1: "They're going to think we did ALL this because of that damn thread with 10000 pages and 200000 posts!"
Dev 2: "Who cares, let them think what they want...games fixed, its perfect!"
Dev 1: "Yeah, yeah...your right. Lets go play some Cyberpunk!"
:)

I sorta get that...

But what I was aiming at was, the idea IF they have these "module" (for lack of a better term) and they can be dropped into an existing story...IF thats how they plan on doing it, then ANYTHING is possible for a fix to all this...yes, they would have to rework the "Well?" and the "Good Luck" and maybe offer a beefer ending but, it could be much simpler for the OVERALL effect for the player. Players might not even understand this threads purpose after they implement the 'fix' and the expansions are out there.

It's moments like this were I let myself get hopeful...that is the reason CDPR is so quiet about this...they just be laughing and waiting...

18 months from now...
Dev 1: "They're going to think we did ALL this because of that damn thread with 10000 pages and 200000 posts!"
Dev 2: "Who cares, let them think what they want...games fixed, its perfect!"
Dev 1: "Yeah, yeah...your right. Lets go play some Cyberpunk!"
:)

The last part of the game really need that but sadly I can't figure out how they could include these two expansion inside the main story, or even on the side of the main story. How it could take place?
Geralt: Ok ready for THE LAST FIGHT!!!§§§!!!!!
Triss: Well?
Ciri: Yeah let's gooo!!!!!
Avalach: .....
Geralt: Oh wait a minute, there is this quest in toussaint I should do......
Everyone: -_-'

So yeah I get what you said but can't see this include in the game :question:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom