Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets even worse when it comes to Ciri. Other than the moment where Geralt brought Ciri back to Kaer Morhen and she hugged Triss. There hasn't been any more interaction between them (Triss and Ciri that is) I could link a few of the conversations that happened between them or some of what Triss did to take care of her. The first time Triss met Ciri something weird, interesting, but weird and it would take pages to explain.

Yeah it gets much worse when it comes to the Ciri/Triss interactions, i don't like it when the characters mention they are doing this for the other, when the game does not even show how important they are to each other!, Triss is meant to be like an older sister to Ciri and this is important because the entire last third revolves around Ciri - in fact as far as i can remember, the only rpg choices you make in the end are about what to do with Ciri. So for the game not to show the interaction between Ciri and Triss, well then it cuts a lot of potential content Triss could of had (and Ciri for that matter).

She never at any point called herself a mistake. What are you talking about?

This is in the books when Triss tells Geralt they need to bring in Yennefer to help with Ciri's powers. Triss feels like she's failed, both with Ciri and with Geralt, and says something like "I was your mistake, nothing more."

Geralt's reply is quite touching. Though he can't be with her because of Yen, he says Triss has always been there for him and is very important to him.

This is in the books when Triss tells Geralt they need to bring in Yennefer to help with Ciri's powers. Triss feels like she's failed, both with Ciri and with Geralt, and says something like "I was your mistake, nothing more."

Geralt's reply is quite touching. Though he can't be with her because of Yen, he says Triss has always been there for him and is very important to him.

Yes, I couldn't remember exactly what happened but @Willowhugger post reminded me

Triss is Geralt's Favorite Mistake

“Don’t resist. Don’t defend yourself. I can guess why you turned to me rather than her. Overcome your pride, crush your rancour and obstinacy. There is no point to it, you’ll torture yourself to death. And you are risking Ciri’s health and life in the process. Another trance is liable to be more dangerous to her than the Trial of Grasses. Ask Yennefer for help, Geralt.”

“And you, Triss?”

“What about me?” She swallowed with difficulty. “I’m not important. I let you down. I let you down… in everything. I was… I was your mistake. Nothing more.”

“Mistakes,” he said with effort, “are also important to me. I don’t cross them out of my life, or memory. And I never blame others for them. You are important to me, Triss, and always will be. You never let me down. Never. Believe me.”

She remained silent a long while.

“I will stay until spring,” she said finally, struggling against her shaking voice. “I will stay with Ciri… I will watch over her. Day and night. I will be with her day and night. And when spring is here… when spring is here we will take her to Melitele’s Temple in Ellander. The thing that wants to possess her might not be able to reach her in the temple. And then you will ask Yennefer for help.”

“All right, Triss. Thank you.”

“Geralt?”

“Yes.”

“Ciri said something else, didn’t she? Something only you heard. Tell me what it was.”

“No,” he protested and his voice quivered. “No, Triss.”

“Please.”

“She wasn’t speaking to me.”

“I know. She was speaking to me. Tell me, please.”

“After coming to… When I picked her up… She whispered: ‘Forget about him. Don’t torture him.’”

“I won’t,” she said quietly. “But I can’t forget. Forgive me.”

“I am the one who ought to be asking for forgiveness. And not only asking you.”

“You love her that much,” she stated, not asking.

“That much,” he admitted in a whisper after a long moment of silence.

“Geralt.” “Yes, Triss?”

“Stay with me tonight.”

“Triss…”
'
“Only stay
.”

Last edited:
When i read it again it makes me happy REDs allowed us choose Triss

I agree. What makes it even more romantic is that even after the amnesia and after he lost his memory. He told her the same exact thing in The Witcher 1, after making the potion for her in Kaer Morhen. "The feelings I experienced on hearing that you lived cannot compare to any other. Except perhaps what I feel now when I look at you"

Last edited:
I said the same thing. There is no way Triss would leave Geralt side after Vesemir death without saying a word to comfort him and go right back to business. Triss loves the old Witcher too much to be that cold.

It seems the dev was too busy focusing on the new characters intro they missed the little important things that we would catch.

I've been focusing my attention on where they could expand/fix the story without using VO...just a RErendered scene and MAYBE a recycled line from Triss. THIS would be one of those places. Its about time Triss has one of those moments...

Place Triss there, by Geralt 'side', standing near center while all the others are standing around waiting to speak with Geralt. If Geralt addresses Triss OR steps up to say his peace to Vesemir, switch to the the cutscene..

Opens with a closeup of Geralt's side...his hands clinched in fists of rage. Triss' her hand reaches for Geralts. At the first touch his fist unclinches but is unmoving THEN as if his hand realizes the touch of his lover, he grabs hers! The hands lace fingers and they squeeze tight...just as suddenly, he loosens his grip and the hands slip apart...her fingertips lingering for a moment more touching his.

Scene cuts to regular speech, Geralt stepping up to the fire and says his peace to Vesemir...when done it transitions back to a cut-scene

Geralt turns to face Triss, pyre burning behind him. He looks distraught as you would imagine he would be. Triss steps toward him and for brief moment Geralt slips into Triss' arms, head on her shoulder and her holding his head. After another long moment Geralt stands back up, tall and straight. Geralt looks deep into Triss' eyes. He nods to her...she nods back. No words are spoken...

Camera swings from a distance, focuses on Yen's back, over her shoulder...she watched it all. She bows her head and then turns and walks away following Avallac'h down the hill(where Geralt will find them at the bottom later.)

It strengthens the bond with Triss if romancing her and it give the player(and Geralt) the knowledge that Triss has his back. Simple...no VO to worry about and I think it stands as pretty strong imagery.

Last edited:
From Blood of Elves, Yarpen Zigrin asking Geralt about Triss.

“If he’s quartermaster then I’m a druid,” smiled Geralt. “But that’s your affair – I’m not in the habit of poking my nose into other people’s secrets. But you can see the state Triss is in. Let us join you, Yarpen, let us put her in one of the wagons. Just for a few days. I’m not asking where you’re going because this trail goes straight to the south without forking until past the Lixela and it’s a ten-day journey to the Lixela. By that time the fever will have subsided and Triss will be able to ride a horse. And even if she isn’t then I’ll stop in a town beyond the river. Ten days in a wagon, well covered, hot food… Please.”

“I don’t give the orders here. Wenck does.”

“I don’t believe you lack influence over him. Not in a convoy primarily made up of dwarves. Of course he has to bear you in mind.”

“Who is this Triss to you?”

“What difference does it make in this situation?”

“In this situation – none. I asked out of an inappropriate curiosity born of the desire to start new rumours going around the inns. But be that as it may, you’re mighty attracted to this enchantress, Geralt.”

The witcher smiled sadly.

My interpretation of this sad smile is that he cant do anything because he is with Yen, even though at this point in the story they haven't seen each other for a long time. But he doesn't deny his attraction for Triss. So along with what the previous posts explained, its clear Geralt had a special place for Triss in his heart even in the books, that's where it all started but given the circumstances, nothing could come of it.. until the Witcher games with the amnesia etc.

Last edited:
I've been focusing my attention on where they could expand/fix the story without using VO...just a RErendered scene and MAYBE a recycled line from Triss. THIS would be one of those places. Its about time Triss has one of those moments...

Place Triss there, by Geralt 'side', standing near center while all the others are standing around waiting to speak with Geralt. If Geralt addresses Triss OR steps up to say his peace to Vesemir, switch to the the cutscene..

Opens with a closeup of Geralt's side...his hands clinched in fist of rage. Triss' her hand reaches for Geralts. At the first touch his fist unclinches but is unmoving THEN as if his hand realizes the touch of his lover, he grabs hers! The hands lace fingers and they squeeze tight...just as suddenly, he loosens his grip and the hands slip apart...her fingertips lingering for a moment more touching his.

Scene cuts to regular speech, Geralt stepping up to the fire and says his peace to Vesemir...when done it transitions back to a cut-scene

Geralt turns to face Triss, pyre burning behind him. He looks distraught as you would imagine he would be. Triss steps toward him and for brief moment Geralt slips into Triss' arms, head on her shoulder and her holding his head. After another long moment Geralt stands back up, tall and and straight. Geralt looks deep into Triss' eyes. He nods to her...she nods back. No words are spoken...

Camera swings from a distance, focuses on Yen's back, over her shoulder...she watched it all. She bows her head and then turns and walks away following Avallac'h down the hill(where Geralt will find them at the bottom later.)

It strengthens the bond with Triss if romancing her and it give the player(and Geralt) the knowledge that Triss has his back. Simple...no VO to worry about and I think it stands as pretty strong imagery.

That sounds awesome, i was thinking to the scene when you take Ciri to Emhyr and when you refuse the coin, neither Geralt or Ciri face each other but they hold their hand together, and i was thinking something along the lines of this could work for Geralt and Triss as they are watching the fire consume Vesemir's body.

At first i thought they could implement something like Geralt standing there, and Triss reaching to place her hands on his shoulder, but then she would flinch and stop for a moment, then the camera could turn to Geralt facing Triss with a sad/distraught look and Triss returning that same look before taking a side step to her then joining their hands together. Of course the camera would then turn behind facing their backs as they show the smoke coming from the fire.

A picture can paint a thousand words, well a camera shot of Geralt and Triss together in a sad moment could say a lot more than any dialogue that could of been implemented there. Most importantly a scene like the one you described would show to the player that they are together through all the good and bad.

Opens with a closeup of Geralt's side...his hands clinched in fists of rage. Triss' her hand reaches for Geralts. At the first touch his fist unclinches but is unmoving THEN as if his hand realizes the touch of his lover, he grabs hers! The hands lace fingers and they squeeze tight...just as suddenly, he loosens his grip and the hands slip apart...her fingertips lingering for a moment more touching his.

Geralt turns to face Triss, pyre burning behind him. He looks distraught as you would imagine he would be. Triss steps toward him and for brief moment Geralt slips into Triss' arms, head on her shoulder and her holding his head. After another long moment Geralt stands back up, tall and straight. Geralt looks deep into Triss' eyes. He nods to her...she nods back. No words are spoken...

If the dev fails to do something meaniful like that during the funeral scene. I am sure someone can make that possible with a mod. That would be the most amazing funeral scene for Vesemir ever. No words just actions. Will definitely give me a reason to fire up my PC version early. OH MY GOD that would be so freaking AWESOME. Good stuff, really good you difinitely got my imagination in a buzz with that scene.

We just want honest Triss content to be on par with Yen and let the players decide who to be with in the end of the witcher series. Is that too much to ask CDPROJEKTRED, really?

ya.... from what everyone is saying so far.... it looks like they took her out of the picture on purpose..... not sure why..... according to what you guys are saying.....they had so much stuff to add from the books and the previous games that would have made the romance with her and this game perfect......... maybe then think people only cared about the sex in the game..... doesnt matter with who......

or maybe they did this on purpose..... to see how much people actually cared about her...... cos so far from everything i saw.... more than 50% of the people who played the game and finished it feels the same way we do....

it is a real shame.... that you can go to the brothel and have recurring sex scenes with random prostitutes and not with your romance.....

all they need to do is add is 20 minutes worth of conversations....... also a 2nd sex scene.... just to make things fair between her and yennefer..... how hard is that?

yennefers first scene was almost censored to.... so i can't complain..... triss never got a second one.....

I was mulling this over while at work today:

So we know the first expansion takes place in Oxenfurt, first real main city we get to before Novigrad. I also read somewhere that the quest itself will be between the recommended levels of 10-20, so chronologically I believe the quest begins AFTER the Baron/Keira/Crones storylines and BEFORE the Pryes of Novigrad (even though you can start it any time). However considering the Devs said it is 10 hour quest, no doubt it will be a multi-layered quest taking place in multiple locations in the Velen/Novigrad area, most likely overlapping with the Novigrad content (AKA Triss content). Now this is just me speculation, but I highly believe that Triss (or maybe Shani) will play a substantial role in the expansion either due to this thread (and the many others like it) or because it was already planned. Yen not so much considering at this time she will be at Skellige, but I could be wrong.

Now for the second expansion my only guess is that it could be a level 30+ quest, chronologically taking place after the Kaer Morhen battle and before the beginning of Act 3 considering the fact it takes place in a brand new area. As for the possible Triss content in this...Your guess is as good as mine, I would like to think at the beginning of the expansion the game gives you a choice of taking either Triss, Yen or even Ciri which would be amazing for everyone, but who knows this 2016 stuff.

So what are your guys thoughts?

A picture can paint a thousand words, well a camera shot of Geralt and Triss together in a sad moment could say a lot more than any dialogue that could of been implemented there. Most importantly a scene like the one you described would show to the player that they are together through all the good and bad.

Geralt is a man of few words anyway..Triss would know that but she would want Geralt to KNOW she was there. SOMETHING should have been done...all the things that could have been...aggravates the writer in me.

I was mulling this over while at work today:

So we know the first expansion takes place in Oxenfurt, first real main city we get to before Novigrad. I also read somewhere that the quest itself will be between the recommended levels of 10-20, so chronologically I believe the quest begins AFTER the Baron/Keira/Crones storylines and BEFORE the Pryes of Novigrad (even though you can start it any time). However considering the Devs said it is 10 hour quest, no doubt it will be a multi-layered quest taking place in multiple locations in the Velen/Novigrad area, most likely overlapping with the Novigrad content (AKA Triss content). Now this is just me speculation, but I highly believe that Triss (or maybe Shani) will play a substantial role in the expansion either due to this thread (and the many others like it) or because it was already planned. Yen not so much considering at this time she will be at Skellige, but I could be wrong.

Now for the second expansion my only guess is that it could be a level 30+ quest, chronologically taking place after the Kaer Morhen battle and before the beginning of Act 3 considering the fact it takes place in a brand new area. As for the possible Triss content in this...Your guess is as good as mine, I would like to think at the beginning of the expansion the game gives you a choice of taking either Triss, Yen or even Ciri which would be amazing for everyone, but who knows this 2016 stuff.

I don't want to get hopes up too much by speculating but it would be nice to have content for Triss in both. Importantly the dev needs to also fix some scenes so that if you are romancing Triss you can have meaningful interactions with her. Doesn't even require VO, sometime the visual imagery is a who lot better than dialogue.

Before Geralt takes of in skellige a simple hug betwen the two with Triss wispering come back to me witchers and don't you dare lose is 1000 time better than "good luck".

He told her the same exact thing in The Witcher 1, after making the potion for her in Kaer Morhen. "The feelings I experienced on hearing that you lived cannot compare to any other. Except perhaps what I feel now when I look at you"

I knew I saw that before. That really is amazing and shows great attention to detail CDPR had even in The Witcher 1.

Geralt is a man of few words anyway..Triss would know that but she would want Geralt to KNOW she was there. SOMETHING should have been done...all the things that could have been...aggravates the writer in me.

Yeah i hear you, some things are very aggravating especially when you realise that a lot of things said here would of taken minimal resources.......I always wonder though, what the devs thought of the Triss content before they released the game, did they believe it was satisfactory? (because what is there is incredible, it is about what isn't there), were they worried about the reaction? or were they not ok with it but wanted to fix it later on?, they have done a great job with the Geralt and Triss relationship over the course of the games it is just the inconsistencies and lack of content that is jarring the experience and immersion.

Last edited:
From Blood of Elves, Yarpen Zigrin asking Geralt about Triss.

“If he’s quartermaster then I’m a druid,” smiled Geralt. “But that’s your affair – I’m not in the habit of poking my nose into other people’s secrets. But you can see the state Triss is in. Let us join you, Yarpen, let us put her in one of the wagons. Just for a few days. I’m not asking where you’re going because this trail goes straight to the south without forking until past the Lixela and it’s a ten-day journey to the Lixela. By that time the fever will have subsided and Triss will be able to ride a horse. And even if she isn’t then I’ll stop in a town beyond the river. Ten days in a wagon, well covered, hot food… Please.”

“I don’t give the orders here. Wenck does.”

“I don’t believe you lack influence over him. Not in a convoy primarily made up of dwarves. Of course he has to bear you in mind.”

“Who is this Triss to you?”

“What difference does it make in this situation?”

“In this situation – none. I asked out of an inappropriate curiosity born of the desire to start new rumours going around the inns. But be that as it may, you’re mighty attracted to this enchantress, Geralt.”

The witcher smiled sadly.

My interpretation of this sad smile is that he cant do anything because he is with Yen, even though at this point in the story they haven't seen each other for a long time. But he doesn't deny his attraction for Triss. So along with what the previous posts explained, its clear Geralt had a special place for Triss in his heart even in the books, that's where it all started but given the circumstances, nothing could come of it.. until the Witcher games with the amnesia etc.

Some people insist that Geralt and Triss in The Witcher games is too far fetched - saying how Andrzej Sapkowski never intended for them to be together. I call bullshit, even some excerpts from the books can prove that. Even though he no longer sees the games as part of the same canon, people forget Andrzej approved the script of the Witcher 1 and 2 (not sure how involved he was with 2). He definitely had ideas and approved of Geralt and Triss.

Last edited:

I posed an idea like that earlier and it was pointed out(sorry I can't remember who), if this expansion is placed mid Act 3(really anytime after KM fight)...it might be difficult to explain how Geralt and crew would just take a vacation. I see the point there..

You'd have to interweave or lace in a goal...a purpose for such a 'diversion' at the time. However, if you place it in the Brothers in Arms area...you could be 'promised' a potential ally or needed item to get you there.

The last play through i PURPOSELY slowed down through Act 3...doing a LOT of side quests and stuff out on Skelliga. I fetl like a real dolt asking Lambert to play cards while the pyre burned behind Geralt too...wow, what a Gwynt whore I was on that run :D

For those posting some background from the books, it is appreciated. That, in some form, should have been in this game. It's teased in the first two games. I was always curious why Geralt in Witcher 1 said he felt a connection with Triss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom