Does the sexuality [of women] in TW3 offend you?

+
Haven't tried the DLC, but the game gives you a choice. If you do not want them to wear overly revealing clothing, then don't use those dlc
Not entirely. Yen+Sorceress are scantily clothed no matter what.

on't think so... the average women in the game seem to be middle aged, average looking women.

Background npcs count less obviously, as they are barely visible (also disagree about average women being like that), 90% of the female talking NPCs is attractive (better than anything in DAI, speak of the devil..)and/or dressed in a sexualised manner. Only exception are the Baron's wife , daughter +old grumpy lady in White Orchard. Sasha, Elven female NPC, Yen, Triss, Ciri, Philippa, Oniromancer lady, Herbalist in WO, Keira, Cerys, that other Skelliger romance option,2 wives of the Skelliger king, so on. Obviously all the prostitutes.

Why do only npc's that you can talk to count? Also, the amount of npc's in Novigrad depends how high you have the background npc setting in the video settings right? My Novigrad had a huge amount of npc's.

It's not that they don't count, it's that they are less visible, barely classify as "characters" and as you even point out, somewhat optional (depending on setting).

Last edited:
@dremvar
Meant Triss both times
All of the sorceresses except for Yen only show some cleavage, and only one of them wears a dress that is more low cut. Triss is not scantily clad there either. She wears clothing that covers everything down to even her hands except it shows some cleavage.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, both men and women sexualized themselves in real life as well, but they have different ways for doing that, the obvious way is by looking sexy and seductive for women, while for men it's about masculinity.

No, both men and women sexualized themselves in real life as well, but they have different ways for doing that, the obvious way is by looking sexy and seductive for women, while for men it's about masculinity.
I'd say that for women it is also about feeling feminine, and for men it is also about being attractive to women.

The unicode symbols for men and women also symbolize that, with women = ♀ (mirror) that reflects beauty, it's about their looks, while for men it's ♂ (arrow) means men provide for women, traditionally by hunting in the old days, it needs strength and being masculine to support that.

No, because even if some are in the Witcher world, many are unimaginably powerful and smart. In neither of these games are the body proportions crazy unrealistic. There isn't unnecessary or unrealistic talk or sex; nor are sex scenes over used. They are just beautiful women! In both games the females play important and useful parts in the story and gameplay. It makes sense also! Sounds to me like they are just whining, throwing around a word they don't fully know the meaning to. Have you seen Geralt or commander Shepard with their shirts off? They are good looking, well built, strong guys too. I don't think that CDPR took the sex far enough to be honest. I think they should have added a good and bad threesome scene to the game. Expanded on the romance part of things.

I miss more variety of tall people and short people in human community. ;) Djiskra is the only tallest man and Yen the only shortest woman.... :p

Nope.
Offend is a strong word.

Let's say that the only thing that bother me is Ves outfit...it's...not so pratical for combat and guerrila.

She gets scolded for her battle outfit choice by Roche. Its her choice, she just doesn't care. Nothing to be bothered with.

Edit: Sorry, double posting.

Last edited:
Nope, but it does seem unnecessary and forced. I don't know if it's the terrible voice acting from the American actors, specifically Geralt, or just that they sound creepy, but it's all very awkward.

Hell no and for God sake let's not transform this great forum into the BSN. Let's quit with these stupid debates about sexuality, people being offended and representation of women in videogames. It's all bs. I juat want to enjoy my games free of politics. Thank you!

I'm actually offended by ONE element of sex in the Witcher 3 with women.

Ciri CAN'T get laid or show nudity.

Which, to me, is kind of infantalizing. TSK TSK TSK!

I guess the game wanted us to think of her as our daughter.

They desexualized Geralt's daughter versus our hero.

Albeit, that's only in-game presentation. OUT OF GAME as a book reader, I understand why Ciri is closed off and sexually troubled.

Poor girl.

I'm actually offended by ONE element of sex in the Witcher 3 with women.

Ciri CAN'T get laid or show nudity.

Which, to me, is kind of infantalizing. TSK TSK TSK!

I guess the game wanted us to think of her as our daughter.

They desexualized Geralt's daughter versus our hero.

Albeit, that's only in-game presentation. OUT OF GAME as a book reader, I understand why Ciri is closed off and sexually troubled.

Poor girl.

That is true. The books were pretty much about knocking Ciri up. Well... okay.... that was generalized. But her sexuality played a big role.

If I'm offended by somehting, it's that they never explained why every sorceress looks like a model and dresses like one too. There is a very good explanation for that in the books and it totally adds to why most sorceresses are having such a bitchy character. (Or was it in some of the in-game-books I haven't read? Frankly, I haven't read all of them.)

Edit:
Yennefer for example is hunchbacked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom