• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Oh my good! This game is a 10/10

Last night I decided to continue the game where I left about a month ago after a couple of crashes. I must say I'm overwhelmet by the game. All the details, dialogues, quests, options, graphics, effects and of course the open spaces. But I also got a bit sad somehow. My thoughts kept circling arond the feeling I'd never be able to finish the game in its entirety. It's huge! I spend more than 2000 hours playing Skyrim and at least 1000 of Dragon Age Inquisition. But I have to say the atmosphere in Witcher beats everything I'd imagined. I won't finish this game in the near future. It will take time. And that's what I tend to use on it. I will not rush - in fear of missing something. I wonder how many hours others have spend on the game already? This is just a thumbs up to Project Red for an amazing product. Cheers Mush

Last night I decided to continue the game where I left about a month ago after a couple of crashes. I must say I'm overwhelmet by the game. All the details, dialogues, quests, options, graphics, effects and of course the open spaces. But I also got a bit sad somehow. My thoughts kept circling arond the feeling I'd never be able to finish the game in its entirety. It's huge! I spend more than 2000 hours playing Skyrim and at least 1000 of Dragon Age Inquisition. But I have to say the atmosphere in Witcher beats everything I'd imagined. I won't finish this game in the near future. It will take time. And that's what I tend to use on it. I will not rush - in fear of missing something. I wonder how many hours others have spend on the game already? This is just a thumbs up to Project Red for an amazing product. Cheers Mush

Yeah... no. More like 7/10 if I'm being generous. The game does seem immense and overwhelming at first, but once you delve into it a bit, it's easy to grasp and discover the simplicity (mostly because the majority of tasks are marked on your map and require no exploration) and lack of creativity in the game's mechanics. Also, a large portion of the game, Skellige, is somewhat void and lacking the content density in Velen.

Just a reminder. Making personal attacks on those who disagree with you is not permitted in these forums, neither is flamebaiting. One post was deleted (as was the reply to it).

I would have given this game a 10/10, if it wasn't a cake walk on even the hardest difficulty.

I don't agree with your scoring, but I am getting sick of games with difficulty settings and ones that are generally too easy. They completely defeat any sense of achievement.

Also, a large portion of the game, Skellige, is somewhat void and lacking the content density in Velen.

Really ? I haven't even made it there yet, damn..I hope it's not too underwhelming. Is it true the ocean there doesn't have big waves ?

Back on topic: I actually shelved the game a week ago because I'm waiting on patch 1.07 for ps4, but it's taking too long so I'm back playing it with sub par framerate.
It's a pain to play in Velen in the rainy swamps & bogs with the frame stuttering, but the game is just too damn good !! The game itself is a justifiable 10/10, no question. But.. it does have a lot of bugs (some gamebreaking), graphical glitches (noticably more the longer you play), framerate issues (particularly ps4), crashes, long load times. So because of all this it should only deserve a 7 out of 10. That would be my score for the ps4 version anyway, other systems might fare a bit better though. maybe

I would have given this game a 10/10, if it wasn't a cake walk on even the hardest difficulty.
I'm probably willing to give the game a 10/10 anyway, maybe a 9/10 at most, despise noticing a certain amount of issues, since I don't think a game should be evaluated as some sort of "countdown" where any flaw pointed immediately detracts a point...
But I'd like to see overall balance addressed in the future updates, that's for sure.

I'm probably willing to give the game a 10/10 anyway, maybe a 9/10 at most, despise noticing a certain amount of issues, since I don't think a game should be evaluated as some sort of "countdown" where any flaw pointed immediately detracts a point...
But I'd like to see overall balance addressed in the future updates, that's for sure.

I rate a game on how fun it is, and this game is significantly less fun when its too easy.

Eh, I endured through both the previous games and they suffered this issue to a far greater degree.
At least TW3 becomes too easy when you know what you are doing. TW1 and TW2 at some point were too easy even if you didn't.
In TW1 from half game going on you didn't even need to look at the screen. "Group style" and a click every 3 seconds and you knew you'd clean anything around you even blindfolded.

But of course, no reason to use this as an excuse to deny that TW3 would surely gain a lot from some heavy tweaking/rebalance (not to mention few new creatures to add variation).

I would say this game is 10(15)/10 meaning it's 10/10 with a potential to be 15/10. There is a huge amount of problems but what is given is still equal or better than currently existing rpgs.

But I don't like putting numbers, really.

Eh, I endured through both the previous games and they suffered this issue to a far greater degree.
At least TW3 becomes too easy when you know what you are doing. TW1 and TW2 at some point were too easy even if you didn't.
In TW1 from half game going on you didn't even need to look at the screen. "Group style" and a click every 3 seconds and you knew you'd clean anything around you even blindfolded.

I'm sorry but it is not exactly so. Also in W3 you don't need to know what you are doing for the game to become very very easy. The mechanics of the system simply make you too powerful by themselves.

Then, you are right about W1 having the same issue, but for W2 only certain skills were broken (Quen, for example) but if you avoided them and you didn't craft the absolute best armor/swords there was still some modicum of challenge, especially at the higher difficulties (this at last in the first iteration of the game before CDPR nerfed the difficulty because many people complained it was too hard).

Greetings.

The game is great, I've enjoyed every single minute of it, I went sooooo deep that I've read everything, and done everything the world, I know every character's name and traits, their history, I also know the whole bestiary and the monsters that are in it, my point is that I've explored everything and enjoyed everything and I can tell you for sure that the game is awesome.

The only downside, and the thing that hurt the most was the ending. Mostly because of the lack of character development & bland story in the last Act and the rushed epilogues / ending. (Quoted by a person who replied on my thread)

If you can do something to improve this, allow us to interract with the characters of the main story when the game ends, the game will be PERFECT.

My thread is here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51364-Related-to-the-story-characters?p=1809697#post1809697

If CDPR is reading this and they'd like to know more and find out what I mean, feel free to check my thread out.

Thank you for reading.

i'm sure this has been mentioned before but wanted to add my name to it.

i had to use boats in skellige for extended periods last night and it is frustratingly slow,it would be very helpful if they could be sped up a bit please (i'm on ps4).

Missing sword quest on Skelige, travel massive distances, kill lots of bandits... (15 mins of sleuthing)
Get 5 XP
Find the missing Hallowed Horn same as above but bit shorter
Get 5 XP
Kill the Melusine in Here Comes the Groom - Which took me Grand total of 40 seconds on Death March
Get 200 XP

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
the whole world of the game feels empty, the maps are huge and beautiful, but, it lacks of things to do, the side quests are too few, the game world has great potential,

---------- Updated at 05:13 AM ----------

I hear a big update is coming. There's a small thing that needs to be fixed. It happens at a serious moment in the game and seriously breaks immersion and is flatout weird. At the battle in Kaer Morhen, during the dialogue after Siri helps Triss, there's Triss, Geralt and Vesemir in the scene where Vesemir speaks of what to be done next. In this bit, Geralt and Vesemir stand wirdly in battle stance without the need of doing so and more importantly, waving about like in Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter while the old witcher speaks. It was way too unacceptably weird and makes you go WTF. Please fix it with the new update.

Missing sword quest on Skelige, travel massive distances, kill lots of bandits... (15 mins of sleuthing)
Get 5 XP
Find the missing Hallowed Horn same as above but bit shorter
Get 5 XP
Kill the Melusine in Here Comes the Groom - Which took me Grand total of 40 seconds on Death March
Get 200 XP

you definitely get more htan 5xp for killing those bandits.. every single kill gives you some exp, so even if it gives you 1/kill, you end up gaining more than just 5 if you killed them all..

Top Bottom