13th DLC - "Where The Cat And Wolf Play"

+
Ok so the entire postend massive freakout is unneeded. Just either:
a)ask for (optional) removal of the post ending world completely
b).... stop playing and go on about your business? Start a new game?

Unless... you have already "noticed" so you couldn't "fool yourself" but then the argument about re-playability (weird choice of word for this value-related issue), angled in such terms of more or less disappointment, would mean making changes (and asking for them) to the endworld after you and 99% of player have already experienced this alleged let-down, moot.
It'd only be an improvement, again, from that specific angle, for new players only.

Or, you should be fine with options a) and especially b).

Thanks for stating the obvious, you are very observant.
There's no freakout, just some commotion going around the forum so calm down.

First, the world is in "pre-ending state' after the epilogue (so we could complete quest/contract. This is also known as the 'empty world' because you can't find other main characters anymore, anywhere). A post-ending world means all the fancy cutscenes you see in the epilogue is reflected onto the world (which is not that case). Don't get confused between the two term.

Tell me how that 'improvement' would benefit the new players only? I see the improvement would benefit the community as a whole, especially to augment the vague and weak epilogue. It's a matter of perspective; and you choose to be a devil's advocate.

Example:
Where was Yen/Triss after the final battle and before the epilogue (the 3 main ending state)? You can't find them. Once you complete the state, suddenly the epilogue pops up and said you've settled down with Triss/Yen. The issue: What happened to them during the pre-epilogue period? This is where we want answers.

Some are hoping for improvement to the epilogue because not many are happy with how CDPR handled the epilogue. On the other hand, some are also hoping for improvements to the current 'pre-ending' world state (aka. empty world) by bringing back all the main characters back (whether we can interact with them or not, it doesn't matter. At least it ease the feeling of 'empty world').
They believe there are rooms for improvement, so they make some noise on the forum ('freakout', by your definition). Whether CDPR actually reads em or not, that's another question.

There are also fans like you, who are extremely grateful for what CDPR have done. So instead of being critical about CDPR works, it's best to advice people to move on with their life... or start a new game (to enjoy the broken immersion even more) :)

Let's stick to the topic and let people discuss about this free DLC. If you'd like to share your thoughts, feel free to join other forumers for discussion here

There's no freakout, just some commotion going around the forum so calm down.

There are also fans like you, who are extremely grateful for what CDPR have done. So instead of being critical about CDPR works, it's best to advice people to move on with their life... or start a new game (to enjoy the broken immersion even more) :)

this post reeks sarcasm :like:

You are very welcome. I'd be happy knowing my limited intellect has made you feel better about yourself.
First, the world is in "pre-ending state' after the epilogue
Yes.

post-ending world means all the fancy cutscenes you see in the epilogue is reflected onto the world (which is not that case).
No. Depends. Some deal with far away events. Post ending could simply mean contemporary to the Epilogue. Also, requests over that one lenghty thread vary greatly.
Is this definition shared by all or at least the majority of you?

Don't get confused between the two term.
I now understand your definitions. Thank you for spending the time. I mean "post end" as simply the world the game gives you (empty world).
Tell me how that 'improvement' would benefit the new players only?
Talk about confusion.. what are you even arguing for here? Pre-ending or post ending?
Tell me how that 'improvement' would benefit the new players only? I see the improvement would benefit the community as a whole, especially to augment the vague and weak epilogue. It's a matter of perspective; and you choose to be a devil's advocate.

A POST ENDING reflecting the changes would, at the same time very hard to implement. What I was commenting on, is the other poster's answer about YES to a removal of the "empty world". I have no idea what you are commenting on here. A possible new POST ENDING world?

As for how it would benefit new players only. You did say players are demotivated by the empty world, so much so they won't replay the game.

Oh, I only get now what you were meaning to express in your earlier comment. You meant that the lack of post ending changes to the world are a disincentive for players to go through a second playthrough.

What I understood (no doubt due to my pathetic intelligence) is that the pre-ending empty world itself was such a "immersion breaker" in itself (which is the argument many make) that it turns off people so much they give up the game.

Where was Yen/Triss after the final battle and before the epilogue (the 3 main ending state)? You can't find them. Once you complete the state, suddenly the epilogue pops up and said you've settled down with Triss/Yen. The issue: What happened to them during the pre-epilogue period? This is where we want answers.

Ok so your definition of EPILOGUE is not the scenario with Ciri and Geralt but the ending cutscenes set in the future.
So you want a worldstate reflecting roughly that? War is over, wintertime, etc.?

Some are hoping for improvement to the epilogue because not many are happy with how CDPR handled the epilogue. On the other hand, some are also hoping for improvements to the current 'pre-ending' world state (aka. empty world) by bringing back all the main characters back (whether we can interact with them or not, it doesn't matter. At least it ease the feeling of 'empty world').

Yes it's all very confusing, counter productive and basically a splintered mess.
The question is, would you be ok if CDPR picked one out the roughly 30 or so different propositions completely different from yours (which is, I think, a pre-finale, but post 6 months later scenario, reflecting all the different choices you can make)?

There are also fans like you, who are extremely grateful for what CDPR have done.

No I'm not. I criticise the game all the time and think it's deeply flawed. Plus the graphical downgrade did not help.
So instead of being critical about CDPR works, it's best to advice people to move on with their life... or start a new game
I advice those asking for a PRE-ENDING worldstate (there's tons on the thread) or those like the other poster who would want no POST-ENDING playable world at all, to do that. Because it's easily achievable by reloading. Simple as that.
(to enjoy the broken immersion even more)
This is nonsense, sorry. All rpgs more or less are even worse as far as the worldspace reflecting story changes.
Even Skyrim (which is brought up from tme to time on the thread) ain't better. If not worse. Everything is as it was. Including the damn dragons.

Let's stick to the topic and let people discuss about this free DLC. If you'd like to share your thoughts, feel free to join other forumers for discussion here
I agree. I did contribute there already, at different times. Can't fault you for missing it though, since the thread is a very lenghty mess.
No coherent discussion just people randomly saying stuff, fighting, and repeating ad nauseam. No common proposal or platform for specific requests (as I suggested more than once).

@mods : Why is it I often get a 500 gateway error when posting/editing comments? What triggers it?
I am forced to post a partial comment first, then add more stuff by editing a bit at the time. Which can be a nightmare.

Last edited:
CDPR - bunch of liars! Really, how many times they gave us promises and then easily broke them?!..
f.e. "all users who bought our game, can await 2 dlcs each week" they said.
Ok,fine.
But look - only1 dlc per week...just a shame regarding their promise!
p.s. dont mention that we get it for free. Yes we did. But all this content was ripped off the game for so-called - 2 freedlc each week, so it's a shame again !
:facepalm:

Oh for Fucks sake what the hell is this place turning into am I in the right place? (looks around to make sure this isn't a ubisoft,gamespot,ea forum) Yup in right place. They DID NOT LIE TO US! Downgrade: Could they have explained earlier the "so called downgrade?" Yes did they thoroughly explain it? Yes. Was it a good explanation? Yes. Now the FREE yes I said FREE dlc was announced as soon as the game was and was developed SEPERATLY from the main game and NOT cut. Now why the delay on patch? Easy they want to make sure any and all issues they can fit into it are fit in and they have to check it for issues before they roll it out. Why only one DLC this week? Simple they devoted all or most resoruces to the patch as it takes priority. See simple no need for name calling or accusations.

---------- Updated at 04:19 PM ----------

Jesus, so much butt hurting here... It almost feels like i am at the bsn :/
I feel you. I want to talk about my anticipation for Andromeda but can't. It's like there and here it's starting to feel like the people that post (angry hateful ones not the people who try to be nice and be supportive) are not fans just whiners. Man I love the internet./end sarcasm.

did they thoroughly explain it? Yes. Was it a good explanation? Yes

That's questionable.

Talking about "ubisoft,gamespot,ea forum"(s) and things going downhill, you know, calling people "angry hateful whiners" and dismissing every complaint as basically nonsense is exactly what does happen in such cases over there.
I feel both reactions are problematic.

That's questionable.

Talking about "ubisoft,gamespot,ea forum"(s) and things going downhill, you know, calling people "angry hateful whiners" and dismissing every complaint as basically nonsense is exactly what does happen in such cases over there.
I feel both reactions are problematic.

I don't dimiss every complaint only those who claim one thing and refuse to admit another thing is possible. Certain people in both places fit the profile I said. Here people gripe and complain and refuse to see "the other side of the coin." Regarding the line you quoted how is it debateable? They explain the reason in detail and it does make sense at least IMO. My main gripe is when people claim opinion is fact. DO I denounce this bug exists? No I don't but I can confirm my solution which I got from other people mind you does work.

Just wanted to say i downloaded it before it dissapeared from xbox live. I got it :p

Also the alternate look for Ciri was up for live but it wouldn't let me download

Last edited:
The alternative look is kinda meh even if all is subjectiv. I really hope and want the " night to remember" Bruxa contract. Bruxa are really missing in the game.

Top Bottom