"GPU does not meet minimal requirements. Support for DirextX 11 is required." ??

+
"GPU does not meet minimal requirements. Support for DirextX 11 is required." ??

Hello, I just bought the Witcher 3 online via Steam and when I first tried to install it on my PC it didn't even lunch, I tried everything I could find in the Forums and tried everything Steam Support told me but I just couldn't get it running.

So I tried installing it on my "Gaming" Laptop and I get an error saying "GPU does not meet minimal requirements. Support for DirextX 11 is required." But I DO have DirextX 11 installed, it also is compatible with my graphic card. My graphic cards are: NVIDIA Gee Force GT 555M / Intel(R) HD Graphics Family ( both are listed as my graphic cards, I have no clue about computers so I don't know which one is running or if both run together or what not)

I double checked on the internet that my graphic card is capable of running Direct X 11. So I do know that my graphic card inst the best and I won't be able to play the witcher on "high" or get good resolution, I don't care as long as i can play it, BUT I saw quite a few videos on YouTube where people with the same graphic card, were able to run it so why can't I? I already updated all my drivers and installed the 1.5 patch but nothing helps. I do have a Lenovo Y570, Windows 7 Ultimatae 64bit, IntelCore i5 ( 8GB ), any solution for my problem or did I just waste 60 euro for nothing.

Last edited:
Re-install DX11, make sure you have the latest VC++ redistributable from MS, make sure to update to 1.06, the latest version of the game. Since you are on steam also try re-verifying the cache.
And make absolutely sure you are running the latest Nvidia drivers for your card. Right click on desktop, screen resolution->advanced settings to find out exactly the name of your card and what version of drivers are currently installed.

Maybe game is trying to with the Intel, which is not DX11 compatible? See if you can force through nvidia control panel to use geforce instead.

Last edited:
It looks like your laptop is trying to run The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Intel HD graphics card, which most likely doesn't support DirectX 11.

Is there a way to suppress this check? I'm getting the same exact error in Wine (see here), but my GPU is surely sufficient. Older version from GOG (without patches) didn't have this error, and launched until the starting menu at least.

Can the Intel card be disabled? I have a Lenovo Y510P with an SLI setup, and it does this automatically. Not always ideal (the NVIDIA GPUs suck up more power), but it does prevent games from attempting to use the Intel card.

There is no need to disable the integral Intel graphics card. The OP just has to add the Witcher 3 to his NVidia card via NVidia Control panel. Google for how to do this, it basically comes down to opening Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Add Program (navigate to Witcher 3 exe file) -> then step 2: choose graphics card to use for this game (drop down control bellow Add Program drop down).

Top Bottom