Alternate Look for Ciri was on Xbox Live ( Now gone?l)

+
Ouch, 23 pages are a bit too much to read, so I apologize if it has been already answered: do we have any ETA on the DLC?

Quite disappointed with how it looks, anyway!

No, the fans of that time whined horribly about Triss in TW1.

Sorry won't comment on it anymore, I am done with the nonsense way people treat each and every choice devs make for their game. I would like them to have some creative freedom not fan forced bomb of ideas dropped on their heads every time.

It made a lot of sense when we asked them for the missing wolf school gear and they listened to it very well but this ? this is going way overboard.

Sorry won't comment on it anymore, I am done with the nonsense way people treat each and every choice devs make for their game. I would like them to have some creative freedom not fan forced bomb of ideas dropped on their heads every time.

It made a lot of sense when we asked them for the missing wolf school gear and they listened to it very well but this ? this is going way overboard.

Of course they should have creative freedom. But creative freedom doesn't mean "I can do what I want to do".
You can't for example create Ciri with red hair, or Geralt with raven hair.

Ouch, 23 pages are a bit too much to read, so I apologize if it has been already answered: do we have any ETA on the DLC?

Quite disappointed with how it looks, anyway!

Well they roll out the next DLC the next week and from the looks of it they need to drag it out by just releasing one "DLC" every week from now on.

That's exactly what creative freedom means.

That is what creative freedom means if we're talking about a world or a character created form scratch.
But if you are designing a character or a clothing for a character created by a different author...your creative freedom comes to an end when you are working on something that has been described by the original author.
This is why you can't design Geralt with black hair and homosexual, for example.

Oh but you totaly can. To sell it as official the witcher you need to pay for the license though and with that probably comes alot of restrictions.

That is what creative freedom means if we're talking about a world or a character created form scratch.
But if you are designing a character or a clothing for a character created by a different author...your creative freedom comes to an end when you are working on something that has been described by the original author.
This is why you can't design Geralt with black hair and homosexual, for example.

They did change Triss, did they?

Tuco

Forum veteran
Looking at the preview I can't say I'm too fond of this new outfit, but that's just because it looks rather uninspired.

Just for the record, though, I can't help but notice how many people love to pretend some strong competence in medieval warfare and make silly claims about "exposing vital points", ignoring that even in the actual history it wasn't uncommon at all to have "armors" which relied in covering just few areas of the body instead of offering full protection, relying on the fighter's mobility and combat style to compensate.
For instance having protections which covered just the external side of an arm (or maybe even just ONE arm), or just part of the torso, letting the defensive stance of the fighter to compensate for the exposed parts wasn't really that rare.

You are right, theres a wide variety of armors and armoruses in human history but the witcher armors are only based on the looks.

This is awesome, Even boot heels are reasonable!!!

Of course they should have creative freedom. But creative freedom doesn't mean "I can do what I want to do".
You can't for example create Ciri with red hair, or Geralt with raven hair.

And they haven't done anything like that, like I said before they just gave her a lighter version of something similar to Skellige armor. It has some elements of tribal look as well, overall it's a very good design as far as my opinion goes but sadly it's just getting huge load of shitty backlash.

It seems you just ignored my last post lol, even the original author is less concerned than some of you, this is what Andrzej Sapkowski has to say about the game

Developers can base games on good sci-fi or fantasy books, their worlds, their stories, their heroes, and then beautify them with artwork and a bit of borrowed dialogue, Sapkowski said. "The visual effect will be stunning, the players delighted - some might even consider it to be better and easier digestible than the original book, because in the book the letters are so small.... Some will never even reach for the original book; as for them, the game will be enough," he believes.

"But it is the book that's the original, this book is the result of the author's unique, inimitable talent. 'Transfer a book into a virtual world'? Funny. It's impossible."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games

So while he's happy that the game is inspired from his books he doesn't want to correlate them to this extent.

Last edited:
And they haven't done anything like that, like I said before they just gave her a lighter version of something similar to Skellige armor. It has some elements of tribal look as well, overall it's a very good design as far as my opinion goes but sadly it's just getting huge load of shitty backlash.

I would call this like a feedback, not load of shitty backlash.
Honestly...in your opinion, is this something that Ciri would wear?

It seems you just ignored my last post lol, even the original author is less concerned than some of you, this is what Andrzej Sapkowski has to say about the game

Developers can base games on good sci-fi or fantasy books, their worlds, their stories, their heroes, and then beautify them with artwork and a bit of borrowed dialogue, Sapkowski said. "The visual effect will be stunning, the players delighted - some might even consider it to be better and easier digestible than the original book, because in the book the letters are so small.... Some will never even reach for the original book; as for them, the game will be enough," he believes.

"But it is the book that's the original, this book is the result of the author's unique, inimitable talent. 'Transfer a book into a virtual world'? Funny. It's impossible."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-of-the-witcher-books-thinks-about-the-games

So while he's happy that the game is inspired from his books he doesn't want to correlate them to this extent.

You misunderstood me.
My point was not about the consent from the author, but was about the fact that...if you are basing your work on something made by others, the original author is like a sort of bible, a sort of handbook on how design pre-existent characters. The set of descriptions and phrases that the character says in the original work is what define that character. You can gave the Dandelion attitude to Geralt. Is your right in the name of the artistic freedom, but then...that character of Geralt would have only the name.
So...Ciri liked to wear in a peculiar way, when she was Falka, mostly with rich dresses...but an armor...well, I don't know.

Just for the sake of coherence, an armor was always more expensive than any jerkin. Only warriors from rich families could afford them (well, thieves and bandits to :p) And an plated armor was a luxury that onley few knights could own one. That is also why witchers don't be trained with heavy armors: witchers are usely poor. Steal an armor just for fight it's anonsense because if it is not made at your exact size it will hurt you when you sit, you run or obviiously, when you beat and fight.

But you always can find a fantastic excuse for that a poor and fast fighter character wear an armor. RPGs are for that.

Bit too much outrage over a pixel midriff in a game to be entirely normal, for mine.

I find it a bit meh personally, but the sheer outrage and angst over it? Way over the top.

My opinion is here because I guess that my feedback could arrive to CDPR, because I falled in love of the CDPR of TW1, with an art conception different of others company designers. I adore they keep still being the same, improving ofc, but not changing. Good taste and mature and fun are absolutly compatibles. Afford it is a matter of Master.

Bit too much outrage over a pixel midriff in a game to be entirely normal, for mine.

I find it a bit meh personally, but the sheer outrage and angst over it? Way over the top.

Do you see it released by CDPR?

No.

Then the outcry has done it's job. Nothing ever get's changed without an outcry for it. Civilized posts and discussions are well and good but it is outrage from gamers that forces companies to make changes.

Top Bottom