[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
How can you still play after completing the game anyway? I liked my ending but i didnt like the choice to free roam after completing the game. I think they shouldnt go that way. How empty the world feels if you CHOOSE to free roam after finishing the game just shows how rich the storyrelling of the game was. In such rich of emotions and story games when you finish it it should be the END. They added the free roam to satisfy the players but imo they shouldnt have cause it doesnt suit the witcher games.

Does devs still read this theme?Lates answer was in 300+post=((

I bet that they are reading this, this thread is popular enough, plus we've had a reply from the devs, if what you're asking is "Have the devs seen what's bothering us and are they gonna do something about it?"

Well, I bet they already know the answer to the first question, dunno about the second one doe. I hope so.

Now that I have seen the empress ending after finishing my second playthrought I'm a bit happier with the ending, While it's imo a rather sad ending at least we could spend some time with Ciri and it didn't felt that rushed like the Witcheress ending, in which we didn't even get 2 minutes of interaction with her.. It's still depressing we can't find her/Yen and Triss anywhere. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the epilogues were satisfying, but currently they are not.
I think it's pretty clear that everything after Kaer Morhen was rushed and the endings are no exception.
Looking through the leaked documents seem to proof that.
The Wild Hunt attacking Novigrad was cut.
Furthermore they changed the location of the bad ending from Kaer Morhen to Velen. The empress ending from NML to White Orchard (though White Orchard could count as a part of No men's land) and the witcheress ending from Novigrad to White Orchard. I bet they planed to show us more detailed endings, but changed them to regions they don't have to adjust that much depending on the political outcome like White Orchard.
Though that should be another proof that they had to rush the ending. I just wish they would have postponed the game for another 6 months and gave us the 3rd act this fantastic games deserves,including a satisfying conclusion of the Witcher trilogy.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the creator of this post after the end game i spent hours looking for the other characters i went to Kaer Morhen looking for Yenn and Ciri, in all the taverns looking fot the "witcher" Ciri, then for Triss, Dandelion and the others and i realise i'm completely alone in this huge world. After this for the first time in my life i felt empty and sad after completing a game, even after ME3 ending i havent felt so sad.

After this for the first time in my life i felt empty and sad after completing a game, even after ME3 ending i havent felt so sad.
When i completed me 3 i was left speechless and sad and apathic. I got up from my computer and went outside.

After i finished witcher 3, I was depressed for 2 weeks,lol because of how unsatisfyng was the world after the ending. I dont wanna play it ever since. Very dissapointed in how cdpr treated the ending of this awesome game. I could expect this from bioware/ea, but not from cdpr.

When i completed me 3 i was left speechless and sad and apathic. I got up from my computer and went outside.

After i finished witcher 3, I was depressed for 2 weeks,lol because of how unsatisfyng was the world after the ending. I dont wanna play it ever since. Very dissapointed in how cdpr treated the ending of this awesome game. I could expect this from bioware/ea, but not from cdpr.
Yeah same here after ME3 i was a bit angry but after TW3 ending i felt bad a a little depressed.

SPOILER.
I ended up the game with Yenn and Ciri as a witcher and at the end at the tavern, when you meet Ciri and she says "let's go hunt" i was like a NICE finaly after spending all game after Ciri i'll be able to play with her and spent time with Yenn, but after hours spent on looking for them i tried to do side quests but i cant cause i realised thet i was lonely. I just hope thet CDPRed will do something about this cause i saw a lot of people in my situation and share the same feelings about the end-game.

I ended up the game with Yenn and Ciri as a witcher and at the end at the tavern, when you meet Ciri and she says "let's go hunt" i was like a NICE finaly after spending all game after Ciri i'll be able to play with her and spent time with Yenn, but after hours spent on looking for them i tried to do side quests but i cant cause i realised thet i was lonely. I just hope thet CDPRed will do something about this cause i saw a lot of people in my situation and share the same feelings about the end-game.

I had exactly the same situation and feeling

Same here.
Last time i played this game was 1.6....and directly stopped after the ending slideshow...
Did not played since then and cant start second playthrough because i know how it ends....

Disappointing -Check
Sadness - Check
Lonely - Check
Worst ending ever seen - Check
No reason to play again or further - Check

No thanks....

Last edited:
Now that I have seen the empress ending after finishing my second playthrought I'm a bit happier with the ending, While it's imo a rather sad ending at least we could spend some time with Ciri and it didn't felt that rushed like the Witcheress ending, in which we didn't even get 2 minutes of interaction with her.. It's still depressing we can't find her/Yen and Triss anywhere. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the epilogues were satisfying, but currently they are not.
I think it's pretty clear that everything after Kaer Morhen was rushed and the endings are no exception.
Looking through the leaked documents seem to proof that.
The Wild Hunt attacking Novigrad was cut.
Furthermore they changed the location of the bad ending from Kaer Morhen to Velen. The empress ending from NML to White Orchard (though White Orchard could count as a part of No men's land) and the witcheress ending from Novigrad to White Orchard. I bet they planed to show us more detailed endings, but changed them to regions they don't have to adjust that much depending on the political outcome like White Orchard.
Though that should be another proof that they had to rush the ending. I just wish they would have postponed the game for another 6 months and gave us the 3rd act this fantastic games deserves,including a satisfying conclusion of the Witcher trilogy.

I'd like to hear your opinion on my suggestion for an improved ending and final act (while keeping the additional work in certain limits): http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-3-Wild-Hunt?p=1813787&viewfull=1#post1813787

You are suggesting to rewrite the endings, we are suggesting to put the characters back in the game after ending so you can go hunt with Ciri, spent your time with Yenn/Triss and with other friends like Dendalion or Cyra and not playing alone and depressed. I would pay to have them back in game (and i'm sure thet the 90% of people are thinking the same thing).

I think we will be really happy to see Ciri, Yen\Triss at expansion's mission cutscenes or maybe playing missions with them, I'd be so-o-o excited to play those expansions DLC missions but there's no info about those missions (maybe just random side quests). For real, those flashbacks from Ciri (when she teleported to fight against White Snow) were so important and those flashbacks made so much feelings, damn.

You are suggesting to rewrite the endings, we are suggesting to put the characters back in the game after ending so you can go hunt with Ciri, spent your time with Yenn/Triss and with other friends like Dendalion or Cyra and not playing alone and depressed. I would pay to have them back in game (and i'm sure thet the 90% of people are thinking the same thing).

Yeah, I'm suggesting to make the existing content(!) better by improving and redesigned some core aspects and scenes. You're basically suggesting to make another game on top of the existing one. Feature creep at its finest... -_-

I want the game to be more like TW2 and building on the strengths of the series and the original material. You want the game to be just another Skyrim copy.

Last edited:
No thanks to skyrim clone...
This game was bullshitt....

Just fix the things that are broken and done.....And they have enough to do with it...

No one wants a skyrim clone, and in some point i'm agree with Scholdarr.452 that there are things that need to be fixed in the story but at the same time we just want something to do (with other characters) after the end-game, you spent all game running behind Ciri and at the end you cant even do something with her, talk to her or the other characters. The title of this thread is perfect i fnished the game 2 times and now i dont know what to do cause everytime i enter the game and try do some secondary quests i feel like plaing Skyrim, but the TW3 isn't skyrim, TW3 has characters that we Love and want to Spent time with them not just killing monsters Alone.

No one wants a skyrim clone, and in some point i'm agree with Scholdarr.452 that there are things that need to be fixed in the story but at the same time we just want something to do (with other characters) after the end-game, you spent all game running behind Ciri and at the end you cant even do something with her, talk to her or the other characters. The title of this thread is perfect i fnished the game 2 times and now i dont know what to do cause everytime i enter the game and try do some secondary quests i feel like plaing Skyrim, but the TW3 isn't skyrim, TW3 has characters that we Love and want to Spent time with them not just killing monsters Alone.

I say it again, TW3 shouldn't have any post-end content at all. All content in the game can be done before you do the final main quest. What you want is a (meaningful) but systems-driven open world that works like a typcial Bethesda open world game that basically goes on forever. What I want is a meaningful old school story-driven CRPG that has a clear beginning and end. Every possible content should fit into the period between beginning and end. And that's how the game was created. The possibility to play the game after the end is just there but it's not really developed. It obviously never was the focus of this game.

Last edited:
I say it again, TW3 shouldn't have any post-end content at all. All content in the game can be done before you do the final main quest. What you want is a (meaningful) but systems-driven open world that works like a typcial Bethesda open world game that basically goes on forever. What I want is a meaningful old school story-driven CRPG that has a clear beginning and end. Every possible content should fit into the period between beginning and end. And that's how the game was created. The possibility to play the game after the end is just there but it's not really developed. It obviously never was the focus of this game.

There was a reply from CDPR stating that doing what most of the people want, including myself, "just" adding stuff to the game isn't easy.

Now, you're suggesting something that needs a lot of work to be done, and I'm fine with it, I truly love your suggestion and I would like to see it.

But you can't just say that we're requesting a "skyrim" copy.

Let's just use common sense, there are 3 endings. Let's exclude the "bad" one where ciri "dies" and Geralt goes after the Crow and bla bla bla.

The empress ending, and the Witcher ending both state that Ciri and Geralt wont lose contact, hell even Ciri says it, in the cinematic.

So, it would make sense if you were able to at least spend some freaking time with her.

It's just common sense, I do not understand why you don't get the point of this thread, and the things that are being requested, no-one asked for a never ending game. Merely spending time with at least ONE freaking characters, who herself states that she would meet Geralt in the future, even though that does not happen by default, and 80% of the characters you've loved and spend hours and hours talking to, playing the actual game with them are GONE. Simply GONE

You might not feel the same way I do, or others do. But that doesn't mean that we're asking for a "skyrim" copy as you've stated.

There was a reply from CDPR stating that doing what most of the people want, including myself, "just" adding stuff to the game isn't easy.

Now, you're suggesting something that needs a lot of work to be done, and I'm fine with it, I truly love your suggestion and I would like to see it.

But you can't just say that we're requesting a "skyrim" copy.
That Skyrim copy statemtent was a simplification. What I meant was that you basically want a systems-driven and open-world driven game and not a story-driven game that just ends when the narrative ends. The Bethesda open world approach works like that what you want to have as post-end content. It doesn't mean that you want a game that works exactly like Skyrim (not even talking about quality at all here) but that you want it to follow some of the basic design principles of Bethesda for TW3.

It's just common sense, I do not understand why you don't get the point of this thread, and the things that are being requested, no-one asked for a never ending game. Merely spending time with at least ONE freaking characters, who herself states that she would meet Geralt in the future, even though that does not happen by default,
Oh, I support the idea of having the option to spend more time with the important characters. I just think that this should happen BEFORE the end and not after it. The end should be the end, just like in EVERY other story-driven RPG (be it Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment, Deus Ex, Wasteland, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and so on). None of these games have post-end content (ok, Mass Effect 3 had a late DLC for that but that was quite limited and without offering an open world or anything).

and 80% of the characters you've loved and spend hours and hours talking to, playing the actual game with them are GONE. Simply GONE
Nobody would be gone if the game just ended with its actual end. The problem only arises because of the weird decision to let the people play in some weird, unimmersive way after the end...

Last edited:
Top Bottom