Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDPR said we were getting our issues addressed...end of story.

Will it be a joke? We can't know until its done.
Will it be that entire list...again, don't know.
Will it be ALL of that and more plus magic mad LIVE unicorn sex? With the optional rainbows out the butt... ok, that is doubtful BUTT, we don't know cause...everyone together...it isn't out yet!

We just have to kewl down and take a breath...there has been so much going on the last 24 hours...extend that to the turf wars that have been going on for about 4 days now...I need a break :D and some ice cream!

My thoughts exactly - I have a chocolate cornetto in the freezer waiting for me.

Besides, i was thinking that this topic became quite boring without proper arguing. That's what i did all the way after i register here - made pessimistic notes.

Posting in the forums of a game company ? meh,as if they gonna care about anything beside profit.
Yep that's how i think about posting in forums,but this time i'm not gonna sit idle while another favorite trilogy of mine gets destroyed.
After finishing the game twice now,i can say REDs have completely screwed their old fans for the sake of their new console fans.No i'm not talking about graphics,never cared for anything but story and characters.This game lacks so much content in that regard that think it would've been better if it was released in 2016.No real impact from your decisions in previous games,no Iorveth,no Triss,... yep no Triss at all.This isn't Triss,it's just some sorry excuse from the REDs to shut us up.i'm glad many other have noticed it too that apparently she was supposed to go to Kovir and end of her story.At least you could give her as much screen time and dialogues as Yen.But i understand that's impossible because your new agenda forbid you from doing that right ? New CPR is all about profit and they'll do everything toward that end including screwing old fans.which reminds of a certain Emperor who wanted to screw someone close to him just to save the world.
So dear REDs if that's (screwing old fans and becoming like certain companies with good past and a screwed up present,but with more profits) what it takes to expand and earn huge profits... will you do it ?

It would be so, so shameful when REDs will read this last pages. Even the one thought about it makes me cringe. Damn. :no

My thoughts exactly - I have a chocolate cornetto in the freezer waiting for me.

Oh man...all I got is one of those Klondike bars...Resses Cup ones...it's the last one too...and the wife has claimed it...maybe...i...no, nevermind :)

After finishing the game twice now,i can say REDs have completely screwed

@zbum
I know that's not Mal but...you are my new BDH!

Since Marcin has updated you a little, I'd like to add a bit to that, since apparently some people seem to believe this particular issue is getting preferential treatment.

Here is the thing. The major thing. I know it's gonna be a shock to some but...we are not perfect. (LEGASP!!!!!)

The biggest issue that we as a team identified with the Triss situation is that the current implementation does not really represent the very core design philosophy we hold dear. Namely, that your choices carry consequences and those consequences WILL present themselves to you.

As it has been stated in the opening thread, the consequences of choosing Triss are not adequately represented. This was something that was brought to our attention by this thread. We went back and looked at it again and realized that yes, this is indeed an inconsistency and one that deserves our attention. So we sat down, took our notes from your suggestions and checked what is viable to do. The result of that is what you will eventually see.

Now, off to work!
:scooter:

Do you guys know how good it feels when your voice is being heard?! DAMN! This gave me a huge ego boost this morning!

You probably won't read this but thank you @GingerEffect and the whole team up in Poland, from the bottom of ALL our hearts. You guys didn't have to read this thread and the wonderful ideas nor paid any attention to it...but you did. Not only that but you guys discussed about it internally showing how serious this problem was to you. For you guys to admit that not everything works out during development and that mistakes can be made (we are all human after all), you have my utmost respect and have taken the spot of the #1 developer in my eyes. You guys related to us on a human level and didn't ignore us like some faceless company, so once again thank you. Is it a video game? Yes, but you created something so much more...And so take as much time as you need we will be here waiting for the rose to bloom once again. Even if the world ended tomorrow just the thought of you guys working on something is enough for me...

Not only to the devs but thanks to everyone who took time out of their day and wrote in this thread. You guys didn't have to, but because of your perseverance and dedication to not only Triss, to the series as a whole...you helped changed an experience for people around the world and I feel it's important for you guys to know that. So you also have my thanks.

This is also an example to anyone else who have problems (Eredin/Wild Hunt and Act 3). As you can see hard work does pay off, so create a thread, speak your mind and gather like minded people, and if your voice is loud enough...I assure you that a answer will come.

P.S: Also a quick thanks to the MODS, I couldn't just leave you guys out...

Last edited:
Oh man...all I got is one of those Klondike bars...Resses Cup ones...it's the last one too...and the wife has claimed it...maybe...i...no, nevermind :)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cornettos are finished no ice cream left for me :facepalm:

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

Oh, no bootlicking at the last pages. Poor CDPR.

Its only bootlicking if we did before they a greed to fix anything - but they agreed to fix things and implement a few of our ideas from OUR OWN list so now, in this instance, its called gratitude.

That might be unpopular here but when they already change the Triss content they should maybe already challenge the player a bit more without lettting them (and Triss) coming off all too well.

By romancing Triss Geralt is destroying his family. Him, Ciri and Yen, that was a family. Father, mother and daughter. They were happy together and at the end of the books it seemed like their relationship was kind of "right" and "fitting" for the first time ever probably. The events and Ciri bound them together even stronger than destiny ever could.

Geralt lost his memory and slowly recovered it during TW2. At the beginning of TW3 he knows everything what happened again. He must know that him, Yen and Ciri were family. Choosing Triss instead and ripping the family apart shouldn't be an all happy thing. It should come with remorse and doubts and Geralt should feel bad about it no matter what. And there should be clear and open tension, maybe even hostility between Yen and Triss and also between Yen and Geralt. The game is way too soft with Geralt (and the player) if you go down the Triss route. Yen would never forgive that. Ciri would never forgive that. For Ciri Geralt and Yen are her parents. In her eyes they are family. Triss is an intruder who used seized the opportunity to seduce Geralt while he was weak and vulnerable. She kept him in the dark, risking that his family breaks apart and Ciri might be unhappy. And that is something Geralt shouldn't be able to forgive.

So you see, going to romance Triss with Geralt's full memory back should be a lot more troublesome. I don't say impossible, but way more troublesome than it is. Romancing Triss is like causing trouble on purpose and it should show, both internally and externally. Triss is no Disney princess and romancing her shouldn't be a cakewalk without any bigger troubles. That would just ignore the complex relationships between the involved persons and their complex characters and motivations.

If denying Ciri the chance to destroy Avallac'h's lab is causing psychological trouble to her up to a point that she becomes suicidal, romancing Triss and destroying Ciri's family should be even way more troublesome for her. I mean, CDPR seems to like puzzle choices with clear right and wrong answers. Choosing Triss and not Yennefer seems like a pretty bad choice for me in the quest for improving Ciri's self-confidence and self-assurance. Only that this decision should have a way bigger effect than any situation in the game that leads to different endings... ;)

Last edited:
That might be unpopular here but when they already change the Triss content they should maybe already challenge the player a bit more without lettting them (and Triss) coming off all too well.

By romancing Triss Geralt is destroying his family. Him, Ciri and Yen, that was a family. Father, mother and daughter. They were happy together and at the end of the books it seemed like their relationship was kind of "right" and "fitting" for the first time ever probably. The events and Ciri bound them together even stronger than destiny ever could.

Geralt lost his memory and slowly recovered it during TW2. At the beginning of TW3 he knows everything what happened again. He must know that him, Yen and Ciri were family. Choosing Triss instead and ripping the family apart shouldn't be an all happy thing. It should come with remorse and doubts and Geralt should feel bad about it no matter what. And there should be clear and open tension, maybe even hostility between Yen and Triss and also between Yen and Geralt. The game is way too soft with Geralt (and the player) if you go down the Triss route. Yen would never forgive that. Ciri would never forgive that. For Ciri Geralt and Yen are her parents. In her eyes they are family. Triss is an intruder who used seized the opportunity to seduce Geralt while he was weak and vulnerable. She kept him in the dark, risking that his family breaks apart and Ciri might be unhappy. And that is something Geralt shouldn't be able to forgive.

So you see, going to romance Triss with Geralt's full memory back should be a lot more troublesome. I don't say impossible, but way more troublesome than it is. Romancing Triss is like causing trouble on purpose and it should show, both internally and externally. Triss is no Disney princess and romancing her shouldn't be a cakewalk without any bigger troubles. That would just ignore the complex relationships between the involved persons and their complex characters and motivations.

1) Ciri is an adult now not a little child so she will deal with it

2) I didn't get the impression that Ciri thought Triss was an intruder in anyway - pretty sure they have a sisterly bond going on, Ciri even rushed over to save Triss, so I don't know where you are getting this from - unless I am missing key bits of information.

3) Also Heard that Yen cheated on Geralt several times in the past, so yes there should be more tension - but she would move on.

1) Ciri is an adult now not a little child so she will deal with it
Obviously not. All the choices which lead to different endings prove the opposite.

2) I didn't get the impression that Ciri thought Triss was an intruder in anyway - pretty sure they have a sisterly bond going on, Ciri even rushed over to save Triss, so I don't know where you are getting this from - unless I am missing key bits of information.
Did you read the books? Without that you have - sorry - no idea about the relationship between Ciri, Yen and Geralt.

Obviously not. All the choices which lead to different endings prove the opposite.

Did you read the books? Without that you have - sorry - no idea about the relationship between Ciri, Yen and Geralt.

Then tell me what I am missing oh might one - Do Ciri and Triss not have a close bond themselves?
- This game was also about Ciri maturing, so to fit the theme of the game - yes she would get over it, if she was mature and strong enough to survive the white frost - if you let her die then, well then she is dead so you will never know.

Last edited:

If denying Ciri the chance to destroy Avallac'h's lab is causing psychological trouble to her up to a point that she becomes suicidal, romancing Triss and destroying Ciri's family should be even way more troublesome for her. I mean, CDPR seems to like puzzle choices with clear right and wrong answers. Choosing Triss and not Yennefer seems like a pretty bad choice for me in the quest for improving Ciri's self-confidence and self-assurance. Only that this decision should have a way bigger effect than any situation in the game that leads to different endings... ;)

Excuse me, but games it is not continuation of books. If you perceive them as continuation, then you can win back this role.

Please no...no book arguments...not again
You do know that discussing Witcher without the books is impossible? Triss, Geralt, Yen, Ciri, their characters are all book-rooted. It's nothing CDPR invented. So sorry, there is nothing wrong with books argument. The whole freaking game is a book argument itself...

Excuse me, but games it is not continuation of books. If you perceive them as continuation, then you can win back this role.

Exactly, they are a fanfiction.

---------- Updated at 02:09 PM ----------

You do know that discussing Witcher without the books is impossible? Triss, Geralt, Yen, Ciri, their characters are all book-rooted. It's nothing CDPR invented. So sorry, there is nothing wrong with books argument. The whole freaking game is a book argument itself...

Oh FFS here we go again, with the elitist "I read the books so I know all" attitude -

Funny how we managed to discuss these characters perfectly fine before you arrived and began adding book this and book that everywhere.

@Scholdarr.452 I see Ciri as very strong and independent, with the choices you make in the game you are showing that Geralt is supporting her no matter what and that is important in the choices presented. The way I see it she would also support him no matter what choices he makes. She doesn't leave the impression that she needs her mommy and daddy together in order to be happy, maybe she would have liked it more if Geralt and Yen are together but she is adult enough to accept that people change and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom