Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly in-game it seem Ciri doesn't give a **** about Geralt romance life, all she care is "how to defeat the Wild Hunt", so i don't feel any emotion here ... Hope CDPR also add some "tweak" between Ciri and Triss to clear thing up ;)

Beside, after divorce, father and mother can still support their children together right ?

Exactly the point everyone is making lol

Sadly in-game it seem Ciri doesn't give a **** about Geralt romance life, all she care is "how to defeat the Wild Hunt", so i don't feel any emotion here ... Hope CDPR also add some "tweak" between Ciri and Triss to clear thing up ;)

Beside, after divorce, father and mother can still support their children together right ?
Things will never be the same, my friend.

[h=3][/h]

I started to dislike geralt in the witcher 3,. The way he let's everyone use and take advantage of him just pissed me off during the entire game. Yen, triss and ciri speak to gerlat like he is some kind of moron, he saves everyone and gets little thanks from anyone. I think triss treated geralt just as badly as yen.

Actually, that's one of the things that IMO should be improved in the game. Ciri should care about the relationship of her parents, because, well, real people would care. How they react is a different story, but at least they would care. It would have at least SOME influence on them. And without going to deep into psychology Ciri is a troubled person who had to go through hell in her life already. She doesn't trust almost anybody and she's always on the run. Yen and Geralt are pretty much the ONLY persons in her life who always supported her no matter what. In my opinion, for such a person family is one of the last "safe harbors", one of the view things that keep you mentally stable. Breaking that should at least have SOME consequence.

Alright, let's make something very clear (again...): people are allowed to disagree with some ideas - it's called a debate.

Just because somebody disagrees with you does not mean they are "attacking" you or that they should stop disagreeing with you, or leave. Present counter-arguments and keep the discussion civil. If you can't find counter-arguments, then maybe they have a point? So, if people who wish to discuss the topic of the Triss content (regardless of whether or not they agree or disagree with you, as long as they are civil about it) keep getting told by other users not to do it, then that will be the cause of the thread getting closed. Not the fact that people who do not share your views about the issues wish to express their opinion.

So, to sum up, to avoid moderator action against you (or the thread): keep it civil (something that has not been happening as I was writing this post up), don't tell people what they can and cannot bring into their argument, answer with a counter-argument instead.

You misunderstand. I'm completely okay with his argument(s) as I wrote here in my subsequent post:
Did you read the books? Without that you have - sorry - no idea about the relationship between Ciri, Yen and Geralt.

"Comments like this is what I'm talking about. If the wrong person reads this and gets angry, then eventually it leads to PAGES that are off topic.

I'm not criticizing you or anything, in fact your argument that Ciri's reaction to the Geralt and Triss relationship should be more complex is very valid..."

As I've notice over the last couple of days, any mention of "this is how it is in the books" or something along those lines seem to bring out aggression in some users, I was just trying to prevent that...His argument about Triss and Ciri's relationship and its complexity however is completely fine in my eyes, as I said. That's all.

No, no, no ,no ---- You were then one saying "The family was ripped apart" acting as if all of their bonds have been destroyed. When that just isn't the case.
Well, the family IS ripped apart if you choose Triss. That's just a fact. You might dislike the wording but that doesn't change the fact. I never said that Ciri should automatically commit suicide after that or anything like that...

Well, the family IS ripped apart if you choose Triss. That's just a fact. You might dislike the wording but that doesn't change the fact. I never said that Ciri should automatically commit suicide after that or anything like that...

Noone said she would commit suicide???

Were they really that stable of a family beforehand - e.g. How long they did they spend together as a real family?

As far as the parent daughter dynamic goes - the family is NOT ripped apart.
Only the hunsband + wife dynamic is.

Besides that point that I deeply disagree with this opinion my point wasn't just that Ciri should be troubled by this decision. That was just one point of many...
If I understood you correctly, and sorry if I hadn't, among the points you are trying to make is that the choices that influence Ciri's fate at the end of the game are somehow trivial compared to her family being broken. Those choices for me are all about showing your support for her in making her even more independent and strong, enabling her to tackle life with more confidence no matter what awaits her.

Well, in reality that causes trouble to a lot of people. It's not a "meh, I don't care" matter for many people, especially not for people who are already mentally troubled...
You also seem to see Ciri as mentally unstable, and I have to strongly disagree there, she is struggling with the extraordinary gift she possess and is deeply troubled for sure, but the situation she is in is complex and anyone would be uncertain in what to do. That's where Geralt and Yen support comes and helps her realize what she wants in life. Weather they are still romantically involved is secondary, at least that is how I see it.

It not like Ciri is a teenage girl, who will get depression if their parent say good-bye to each other anyway. She is a woman now, she can understand what good for Geralt and support it (no, it not about Yen isn't good for Geralt :D)

Hmmm, the sight of Drangonbird scare me :innocent:

Things will never be the same, my friend.

[h=3][/h]
Something ends, Something begins ...

Last edited:
As I've notice over the last couple of days, any mention of "this is how it is in the books" or something along those lines seem to bring out aggression in some users

You're right - it does. And it shouldn't. So, like I said in my post, instead of avoiding this argument, since it is completely valid (as Dragon pointed out), we will just take action against users who do get aggressive over it :)

Since Marcin has updated you a little, I'd like to add a bit to that, since apparently some people seem to believe this particular issue is getting preferential treatment.

Here is the thing. The major thing. I know it's gonna be a shock to some but...we are not perfect. (LEGASP!!!!!)

The biggest issue that we as a team identified with the Triss situation is that the current implementation does not really represent the very core design philosophy we hold dear. Namely, that your choices carry consequences and those consequences WILL present themselves to you.

As it has been stated in the opening thread, the consequences of choosing Triss are not adequately represented. This was something that was brought to our attention by this thread. We went back and looked at it again and realized that yes, this is indeed an inconsistency and one that deserves our attention. So we sat down, took our notes from your suggestions and checked what is viable to do. The result of that is what you will eventually see.

To the people who are somehow annoyed that we will correct the inconsistent consequences that are currently present in the Triss romance I say this: Please understand that this is not a case of us changing something simply because fans want it. This is because fans alerted us to something which we, internally, discussed (hence the long silence in between replies) and eventually agreed that it did not fit our core philosophy of including consequences to the choices the player can make.

In any case, I hope this clears things up a bit and puts a rest to the infighting about which issue deserves what kind of attention.

Now, off to work!
:scooter:

WOW! I have never in my entire life seen such a direct and thoughtful response from a game dev. I don't care much for game romance, but this....this just blows me the fuck away!
You guys at CDPR are absolutely fantastic and I feel incredibly proud to own your games and be part of what you are doing here.

Hats off to everyone at CD Projekt RED.

As others have said, Yenn and Geralt's relationship was never stable, and had already been "ripped apart" dozens of times ... so much so that Dandelion lost count. I highly doubt that, if Geralt decided to elope with Triss, Ciri would suddenly have a nervous breakdown.

Besides, I've never been a big fan of couples staying together "merely for the kids." If the love isn't there, they should call it quits. Otherwise both parties are unhappy, and yes, children can perceive that as well. It creates a toxic environment.

You're right - it does. And it shouldn't. So, like I said in my post, instead of avoiding this argument, since it is completely valid (as Dragon pointed out), we will just take action against users who do get aggressive over it :)

Fair enough, I'm fine with that and thank you.

Last edited:
As others have said, Yenn and Geralt's relationship was never stable, and had already been "ripped apart" dozens of times ... so much so that Dandelion lost count. I highly doubt that, if Geralt decided to elope with Triss, Ciri would suddenly have a nervous breakdown.

Besides, I've never been a big fan of couples staying together "merely for the kids." If the love isn't there, they should call it quits. Otherwise both parties are unhappy, and yes, children can perceive that as well. It creates a toxic environment.

100% agree

I live in that exact environment myslef but Im 21 now so I'm mature enough that I don't cae anymore.

---------- Updated at 03:06 PM ----------

On a side note - What happenes when we reach 1000 pages - does the thread stop or do we carry on still?

It not like Ciri is a teenage girl, who will get depression if their parent say good-bye to each other anyway. She is a woman now, she can understand what good for Geralt and support it (no, it not about Yen isn't good for Geralt :D)
It that's true she shouldn't have any trouble with Geralt disagreeing with her neither. The core aspect of the narrative in the final act is that Ciri is NOT a grown up person yet and that Geralt has to constantly support her in any possible way without being able to disagree even once (and maybe starting a fruitful discussion with her about life and such... ;)

But anyway, this topic is about Triss not about Ciri. So back to my original post and what it actually was about. The central point was that I think that Geralt gets off too well with it and that the whole situation is too soft and too positive. I think choosing Triss should have some (!) negative consequences. Having a negative influence on Ciri's mental state was just one point (I actually thought that it could be a good option to add another "desisive" point to the already existing five situations with Geralt which lead to the different endings, mean 5+1=6). On top of that the relationship between Geralt and Yen should feature way more tension after that and maybe (imo) Yennefer should downright hate Triss and acting accordingly. In the end, the decision to go with Triss should lead to some remorse for Geralt and the player, in a way of having ambigious consequences. What I envision are "romance" desicions which not only lead to having different romances but which also lead to more complex consequences affecting the whole network of relationships and the surrounding world. For me personally, the romances in Witcher 3 (which includes the one with Yen, by the way...) are still way too Bioware-like, without having deeper consequences and only leading to a Witcher-unlike happy ending. I don't think that's fitting the game and franchise that well tbh. In the end pretty much every main character in the game is kind of mentally troubled (Triss, Yen, Ciri, Geralt,...) and the game is way to soft on them (and the players). Choices (even romance choices) should be meaningful way beyond the decision who you like more. Like in life such imporant decision should lead to complex consequences. In the end, it all comes back to the concept of meaningful choices. Wouldn't it be "more" meaningful if romance choices would also include "deeper" or "broader" implications? Imo knowing that the decision to start a relationship with Triss could (!) cause trouble for Ciri and could cause Yen to go literally crazy (with whatever consequences that might cause) or something else I haven't thought of yet makes the choice just more interesting and hard and meaningful. It's not only a decision who you like more but it's a choice that includes heart, mind and the moral compass. The more elments a choice has the better. At least that's my conception of meaningful choices and respective consequences...

---------- Updated at 05:11 PM ----------

Best response ever lol :clap:

Point of the post? I don't see any argument here. Looks more like group rallying to me, sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom