Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course she has plans. That doesn't mean that her plans mean harm to Ciri. And it certainly doesn't mean that Yen will force Ciri to do anything...

Hmm, Just wanted to confirm we are talking about the same Yen from book and game here right?

I don't know if you noticed the game endings but if you try to play the overprotective dad you make Ciri question herself and she dies.

If Geralt is not honest with her, she will know. So if Geralt pretends and stay with Yen just for Ciri sake I doubt Ciri will be happy with that outcome just for family dynamics.

Ciri is stronger than you give her credit for and she has seen more and experienced more than you think. She will accept Geralt decision because she knows how important it is for someone to choose their own life and their own future. She is not as vindictive as her adopted mother.

More Ciri-related stuff (sorry):
I don't think Ciri will hate Triss. Yen maybe hates Triss. But I do think that Ciri might make Triss responsible for the breaking up of her parents. And I mean, that's the truth. It was Triss who abused Geralt's loss of memory while she could always tell him about Yennefer. She didn't do it because she wanted him for herself. If Ciri is really that clever and mature you guys put her here (although that is the opposite of how the narrative in the game works...) she should have figured that out already. There is no way that she at least has some (!) bad feelings towards Triss and her role in the breaking up of her step-parents.

Real feelings and characters are complex and often not logical. Of course she can and might will be happy about Geralt's happiness. That doesn't mean that she can have bad feelings at the same time and she might will because she is deeply emotionally attached. And no, she doesn't expect everyone to accept her decisions. That's not how the game is written. She blames everyone (internally) who doesn't immediately agree with her while at the same time she obviously hasn't the mental maturity to just DO the things she want to do. Although she is a grown up woman she constantly asks Geralt for his permission which clearly indicates that she isn't grown up after all. But that's leading too far here...

Yennefer is way less fascinated with power than you think. She actually pretty changed most of her points of views towards power and having influence on others during the book saga. I'd say that at the end of the books she is pretty much "healed" form having any bigger political power agenda anymore (but that's of course - as always - debatable). The "plans" she has for Ciri mean just the future which she seems reasonable for her. But she imo wouldn't force Ciri do anything if she doesn't want.

Nobody on even remotely the same emotionally important level. I don't talk about a "physical" safe harbor, but an emotional (and mental, consequetly) one.

I don't forget that at all. Triss is no stranger to Ciri but that makes the "issue" even more troublesome imo. And the point is that Ciri has no real emotional relationship with Triss of the kind she has with Yennefer.

I never said that or iven implied that I'm afraid.

Thank you for replying to me in the end.

It seems majority if us disagree with you so lets everyone just agree to disagree and change the topic, because this is just going in circles.

What do you guys think should be the topic of convo on the boat in SKellige?

Thank you for replying to me in the end.

It seems majority if us disagree with you so lets everyone just agree to disagree and change the topic, because this is just going in circles.

What do you guys think should be the topic of convo on the boat in SKellige?

I think it would be a good place for .. ''i'll tell you the details later'' .. something about the future together. Maybe a little smile on her face after all this sense of guilt?

I'm currently on holiday so it took me a while to see the good news. Well, the freakin awesome news in fact !
REDs, you rock ! :cheers:
Thank you both @MarcinMomot and @GingerEffect for taking the time to give us answer (and good ones with that :p) and explaining how you took your decision.

Oh and thanks to @shaedhen for starting this topic and keeping the first page updated.
Well, truth be told, that's my girlfriend you should thanks because that's her who urged me to participate in the Triss debate in the first place and to make this thread. Of course I agreed with her and I'm more than happy to see some changes incoming.
But I firmly believe everyone in this thread needs to be thanked for the feedback we got and the tremendous number of valuable input I could add to the OP.

So, basically, thank you everyone and let's celebrate ! It was worth it, definitely ! Now I'm looking forward to see those actual changes. That will be the perfect opportunity for yet another playthrough. =)

PS : I will, of course, add the good news to the OP.

Even more Ciri-related stuff (sorry):
The family is ripped when Ciri become Empress, or while running from the hunt travelling through other worlds. She is not going to stay in the nest forever.
Maybe we have to differentiate between "physically ripped" and "emotionally ripped". In my post I meant the latter one much more than the former one. After all, my whole line of reasoning is pretty much focused on the emotional level.

The reality is Ciri doesn't care about who Yen or Geralt is with.
That's not reality. It's just your interpretation and therefore as valid (or possibly wrong) as any other one.

She knows she have them both in her corner always. Their individual happiness is more important to her than their choice of romance. You refuse to acknowledge that because, you think the best and only option is to have them remain mom, dad and little Ciri.
I don't refuse to acknowledge anything (and could we please skip these personal shots, we all just want to share points of views or not?). And you mix up something. Of course is the option to keep the family together the "best" possible action, especially if Geralt indeed loves Yen. For Ciri, there is absolutely no possible negative effect to that. If Geralt decides for Triss there are possible (!) negative effects though. It's debatable how big and influenntial they might be, but it's kind of pointless to deny that it could cause trouble in some way or another.
A possible third option would be that Geralt stays with Yen "just for the family". That could cause trouble as well, naturally. The problem with this option is that it's kind of impossible to make that working in a video game due to the lack of a proper way to display "internal conflict". So the game cannot decide whether the player stays with Yen because he loves her or because he wants to keep the family together. I agree that this perspective would be quite interesting as well but I think it's hardly possible to make that working (well) in a video game...

Well Ciri shows no signs of wanting to be treated like a child or wanting to have mom and dad miserable simply to keep their family dynamics going. Ciri is fully aware of the type of relationship Geralt and Yen had and she knows there's love but, also its not an equal relationship nor a very healthy one. Constant breakups and hooked ups cannot be great for the family as you claim.
I don't compare a happy "Triss+Geralt" relationship to a miserable "Yen+Geralt" relationship. I compare a happy relationship in both cases. In both cases Geralts wants to be with either Triss or Yen. That's the premise (read above why I think the miserable option is interesting but hard to realize) for the possible consequences for Ciri's emotional and mental state.

The point about the stormy relationship is good but I still think it's better than the alternative because even when their relatonship is troubled they still love each other and Ciri knows that. That means a lot to most people. And we shouldn't forget that there are always short-term and long-term effects. I agree that in the long term a break up might have less consequences for Ciri. She will get accustomed to it and accept that it's the best for everyone (even if there is bad blood between Yen and Geralt). Butin the short term and in already troubled times? I don't know, that might give her an emotional blow when she is already weak and vulnerable...

And:
Hmm, Just wanted to confirm we are talking about the same Yen from book and game here right?
I think there is only one, yes... :D

I don't know if you noticed the game endings but if you try to play the overprotective dad you make Ciri question herself and she dies.
You should really read more topics than just this one on this forum... :D

If Geralt is not honest with her, she will know. So if Geralt pretends and stay with Yen just for Ciri sake I doubt Ciri will be happy with that outcome just for family dynamics.
Again, I don't know how you came to that "pretending" story. That was not what I was talking about or at least meaning...

Ciri is stronger than you give her credit for and she has seen more and experienced more than you think. She will accept Geralt decision because she knows how important it is for someone to choose their own life and their own future. She is not as vindictive as her adopted mother.
She isn't strong at all. The way she is written in the books shows an extremely insecure person who needs constant permission and approval. (And you - the player - get the puzzle right if you guess what Ciri internally wants in the respective situation...)

Last edited:
Folks...god help me...we need to refocus this. Back on topic or we risk being spanked again...eventually the MODS will run out of good humour(see used the UK version).

This is about the romance and general story inconsistencies, and how to fix it...BUT, now book lore is also on the table for talking and comparing the romance options AS IS Yen now and how her choice relates to Triss AND how the books set that up and the options...crap, this thread has come completely unhinged in the last 12 hours...

Wait, WHAT'S NOT on topic then? It seems the ON TOPIC issues have grown so broad I could talk about the Peller and his 'relationship' with Princess and it would be technically 'on topic'? How was that kind of thing handled in the books?

So far has this thread been diluted...folks we need to gain control...somehow.

Folks...god help me...we need to refocus this. Back on topic or we risk being spanked again...eventually the MODS will run out of good humour(see used the UK version).

This is about the romance and general story inconsistencies, and how to fix it...BUT, now book lore is also on the table for talking and comparing the romance options AS IS Yen now and how her choice relates to Triss AND how the books set that up and the options...crap, this thread has come completely unhinged in the last 12 hours...

Wait, WHAT'S NOT on topic then? It seems the ON TOPIC issues have grown so broad I could talk about the Peller and his 'relationship' with Princess and it would be technically 'on topic'? How was that kind of thing handled in the books?

So far has this thread been diluted...folks we need to gain control...somehow.

My previous post was me regaining control lol look up a few comments - we also always seem to have this same idea and the same time quite often lol

I was really worried about Princess in my game play. I think we should get a side quest to kill the Pellar and take Princess with us to Kaer Morhen to live happily ever after with Lil' Bleater. This needs to happen... I DEMAND IT! (Sarcastic enough?)

@Pav94an
The "majority" should not really be used all that much here. Compared to some other games, Witcher is a tiny little game. Does not make that majority correct :(

As for your arguments here people (again)...
Please, I am happy now for Triss and her fans, but do not completely misrepresent Yen :p

Fascinated by power... and then goes with just a simple witcher :p ... yeah :p

I think it would be a good place for .. ''i'll tell you the details later'' .. something about the future together. Maybe a little smile on her face after all this sense of guilt?

I dnt know - I thought that would be a good place for Ciri and Triss dialogue to take place - maybe talk about Vesemir - they both miss him.

I was really worried about Princess in my game play. I think we should get a side quest to kill the Pellar and take Princess with us to Kaer Morhen to live happily ever after with Lil' Bleater. This needs to happen... I DEMAND IT! (Sarcastic enough?)

Wait, aren't the goats there for 'bait'? Don't know if thats any better :D

@Scholdarr.452 I'm okay to be tolerant, but now you're pushing a little too far with all this wall of texts.
I'm pushing it too far because I want to back up my points with arguments? On a forum that is only there to discuss things? Sorry, I'm really sorry if I'm bringing too much substance to the table here for your taste...

God forbid! I shall retire and only use twitter from now on to make my points... :D

@Pav94an
The "majority" should not really be used all that much here. Compared to some other games, Witcher is a tiny little game. Does not make that majority correct :(

As for your arguments here people (again)...
Please, I am happy now for Triss and her fans, but do not completely misrepresent Yen :p

Fascinated by power... and then goes with just a simple witcher :p ... yeah :p

What are you talking about - Majority just means greater %

It doesn't matter how large or small the 100% is, the definition of majority doesn't change???

Last edited:
As for the Triss romance ... well we will see. I have hopes for the next few patches (when the changes happen?).

If they arent enough... well we ought continue or create a new topic. Though I do have fairly high hopes.

Speaking of getting back on topic, I just re-did the quest with Cerys to get rid of the Hym and HOLY CRAP!! Cerys really does breathe down Geralt's neck hard about Yen controlling him.
The moment the REDs release the update for Triss the first thing I'm gonna do before starting a new game is going back to that quest and give Cerys a piece of my mind...with Triss as the starting point of course.
Or maybe the update will make Cerys mention that Geralt doesn't seem so tied down anymore or that it seems he has another woman on his mind...

What are you talking about - Majority just means greater %

It does matter how large or small the 100% is, the definition of majority doesn't change???

Majority in a Triss dedicated forum. Basically biased :D
Cant expect any different results. :D

As for what I was talking about... some level of annoyance at how little we actually are in the end :( Compared to many other games that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom