Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks pretty much same to me,Yen winning and Triss put into her place - a 2nd fiddle

also, link me up with your salt distributor:cheers:

Do you know what's the key to winning a political campaign? Money
And you know know why is it needed (besides shady stuff)? For publicity

So in a popularity contest, the one with the greatest "budget" in publicity gets a clear advantage.

So Yen has the books going for them, Triss has the two previous games and Yen has the 3rd game (which is the newest and has outsold the previous ones by a lot) screaming at the heavens she is the right choice, with a lot more exposure and screen time...

If anything, the fact that this particular poll was so close, is a testament about how beloved the red haired character is...

So in a popularity contest, the one with the greatest "budget" in publicity gets a clear advantage.

So Yen has the books going for them, Triss has the two previous games and Yen has the 3rd game (which is the newest and has outsold the previous ones by a lot) screaming at the heavens she is the right choice, with a lot more exposure and screen time...

If anything, the fact that this particular poll was so close, is a testament about how beloved the red haired character is...

For what it is worth, Reddit is a "Western " site mainly.

And the "Western world" mostly still has not read the books.

Also, books are globally becoming unpopular.

Witcher books will NEVER be as popular as the games. Sad fact :(

Witcher 3 was not really just praise for Yen. It did Triss a lot of good too. And it showed many of the negative sides of Yen and had character (strangely) badmouth her.

Except the games have much more exposure in the rest of the world than the books and the first two Witcher games are most gamers' introduction to the characters. I'm not surprised in the least that Triss has as many fans as she does.

Also, I have no idea how TW3 was screaming at you about Yen being the right choice when everywhere you go you have NPCs calling her various unfriendly names and asking what Geralt sees in her, not to mention being called names yourself for letting Triss leave Novigrad. Come on now.

Except the games have much more exposure in the rest of the world than the books and the first two Witcher games are most gamers' introduction to the characters. I'm not surprised in the least that Triss has as many fans as she does.

Also, I have no idea how TW3 was screaming at you about Yen being the right choice when everywhere you go you have NPCs calling her various unfriendly names and asking what Geralt sees in her, not to mention being called names yourself for letting Triss leave Novigrad. Come on now.

They think so because:
1.Priscilla's song
2.The prologue scene
3.Constant flirting with Yen
4.More screen time with Yen etc

Yennifer sounds eerily like my rl gf and shares a lot of personality traits (I feel safe saying that as I am not posting under my real name). She is brilliant, demanding and a bitch.

So yeah, I am totally Team Yennifer, how could I not be? Irresistible :D

For what it is worth, Reddit is a "Western " site mainly.

And the "Western world" mostly still has not read the books.

Also, books are globally becoming unpopular.

Witcher books will NEVER be as popular as the games. Sad fact :(

Witcher 3 was not really just praise for Yen. It did Triss a lot of good too. And it showed many of the negative sides of Yen and had character (strangely) badmouth her.

Very true, I might read them one day once all the traslation are done.

I both a book reader in general and gamer, not so sure I'll be sad about it. It's just the way of the world. Books can't really offer the "whole" package than a game can. They have us rely more on our imagination, which is not on itself a bad thing, but something not many people are willing to do.

And both were portrayed, with the good and the bad, but one was portrayed as the right choice and the other as the one you should let go. And one had way more screentime, ergo my argument about exposure. And you know that they say, bad publicity is still publicity.

I like the eyes :p
Her hands were badly injured in the books.
Yes she was. No, it can not pop back :p

If Yen's hands are weird then I don't know what to think of Geralt's shoulders for example. He constatly shakes them/shrugs in a weird manner lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom