Votes: 62 37.6%
  • Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt remains a Witcher

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt lives with Triss

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • Ciri becomes Empress and Geralt lives with Yen

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
[I haven't read the novels but in the 3 games the slavery argument you make agianst them seems completely overblown, I don't think there's even one instance of it mentioned.

It's a complaint about the depiction of Nilfgaard in the games that they're ignoring pretty much all of the evil shit which Nilfgaard did during the first two wars while making Radovid Hitler.

It's kind of...

They at least mention it in the garden of Vizima when they say, "We'll bring a bunch of slaves to tear this out and replace it with a proper Nilfgaardian one."

Basically, this game is the Nilfgaard version of Gone With the Wind.

It's a romanticized flawless view of Nilfgaard without, you know, the whole, EVIL business which the books show unflinchingly.

(Not that the North is treated any better--but they keep the flaws in the North in the game!)

Also, the "Apartheid" system you mentioned might actually be a good thing.(even though I haven't noticed alot of it) I don't think anything good could possibly ever come from the current situation which is humans, dwarves, elves and halflings living together. Shit literally always breaks out between em. Segregating the different races, like with Dol Blathana(which could be improved though) is the only way to avoid interracial conflict.

That's kind of the opposite of the books, actually.

The games have a somewhat heroic view of the Scoia'tael while, having grown up in Eastern Europe, Sapkowski has the view that people who want to divide up humanity into ethnic tribes unable to live with one another are objectively evil. We get Geralt to basically say, "You ****ing elves, you just need to live in peace with humanity and change. Stop trying to act like it's 700 years ago. I'm learning to do it, why can't you?"

I was reasonably okay with the Scoia'tael being retconned from being Al-Qaeda to something more heroic but the Nilfgaard business takes a bit too far, especially as the North keeps all of its flaws.

It's why I sided with Saskia's dream.

It's the only hope for all of the races.

Last edited:
It's a complaint about the depiction of Nilfgaard in the games that they're ignoring pretty much all of the evil shit which Nilfgaard did during the first two wars while making Radovid Hitler.

It's kind of...

They at least mention it in the garden of Vizima when they say, "We'll bring a bunch of slaves to tear this out and replace it with a proper Nilfgaardian one."

Basically, this game is the Nilfgaard version of Gone With the Wind.

It's a romanticized flawless view of Nilfgaard without, you know, the whole, EVIL business which the books show unflinchingly.

(Not that the North is treated any better--but they keep the flaws in the North in the game!)

That's kind of the opposite of the books, actually.

The games have a somewhat heroic view of the Scoia'tael while, having grown up in Eastern Europe, Sapkowski has the view that people who want to divide up humanity into ethnic tribes unable to live with one another are objectively evil. We get Geralt to basically say, "You ****ing elves, you just need to live in peace with humanity and change. Stop trying to act like it's 700 years ago. I'm learning to do it, why can't you?"

I was reasonably okay with the Scoia'tael being retconned from being Al-Qaeda to something more heroic but the Nilfgaard business takes a bit too far, especially as the North keeps all of its flaws.

Honestly I don't mind the fact that they whitewashed the Nilfgaardians a bit compared to the great Satan they were in the Witcher 2 but I definitely agree with you on the fact that Radovid's depiction in the Witcher 3 is just terrible, especially considering he at least appeared pretty rational in the Witcher 2.and is now pretty much trying to exterminate everything that isn't completely streamlined and generally acts like a dick. (like sentencing Geralt to death because he's annoying to him)

The games have a somewhat heroic view of the Scoia'tael while, having grown up in Eastern Europe, Sapkowski has the view that people who want to divide up humanity into ethnic tribes unable to live with one another are objectively evil.
Seems pretty ironic because I think Poland might the most ethnically homogenous country in Europe.

I wouldn't mind making Nilfgaard less evil.

But I wish they'd done that while keeping the North ambiguous.

Or if Radovid is Hitler, Nilfgaard is JUST AS BAD.

Make Geralt's neutrality make sense.

"Fuck both you guys."

Seems pretty ironic because I think Poland might the most ethnically homogenous country in Europe.

*awkward pause*

Yeah, Poland is kind of homogenous....now.

But I wish they'd done that while keeping the North ambiguous.

Or if Radovid is Hitler, Nilfgaard is JUST AS BAD.

They actually did. Radovid is not all of the North, you know. You sided with Dijkstra, and I don't see any big problems with his ending (besides ALL endings being simplified). Bad (or a total lack of) motivation for choosing Dijkstra over Roche is a completely independent thing from their depiction of the North.

Why should they ever give them equal treatment??? Radovid is just that bad, which should be addressed and elaborated upon. Why would anybody require Nilfgaard to become as bad as Radovid, and not as good as Dijkstra?

Historically, all of the countries in Middle Ages look pretty abysmal from our 21 cent. perspective, so what? I don't hold Rome to be a crappy irredeemable place just because they had slavery-based economy on an enormous scale. In the books Nilfgaard is not a fawn, it is for sure, but so are the Northern kingdoms. Northern shit, with their genocides against non-humans, and constant wars, is as bad as anything on the south. But by becoming an empress Ciri at least will be in a position to start gradual positive changes. Turning around and just walking away is may be good for the soul, but really? She is in a position to improve the lives of millions of people. To tell herself "Nilfgard is monstrously bad but I just leave it as it is and go adventuring, even though I can improve things a bit" is just weird if she really cares about slavery, segregation, and other shit. If she refuses, she simply does not give a damn. I really find it a strange way to argue that she should just leave shit as it is on the grounds how bad this shit is.

People need to realise that the Witcher ending means, assuming Geralt does settle down with one of the two love interests, she spends most of the rest of her life alone, on the road, and constantly risking her life in lonelyness.
The witcher Path sux.

Lambert would agree with you. I think that the empress ending with Geralt and Yen together is the best one. Ciri gets to make some real change in the world as empress taking with her all the teachings of her adopted family. Its a chance for Emhyr to actually get to know who is daugher is and I think she will make him do something he hasn't in many years, smile and laugh.

This is probably not correct, but I would have liked if Geralt and Ciri could fall in love and Ciri becomes empress. He can help her reign her kingdom. Yen always treat Gerald as a fool, and he only pines after her physically. Lambert gets Triss. I mean seriously, 2 white haired reigning a kingdom, just awesome,.

This is probably not correct, but I would have liked if Geralt and Ciri could fall in love and Ciri becomes empress. He can help her reign her kingdom. Yen always treat Gerald as a fool, and he only pines after her physically. Lambert gets Triss. I mean seriously, 2 white haired reigning a kingdom, just awesome,.

That is wrong on so many levels.

Sure is, but I did not read the books, and I would like my own ending, LOL Two witchers together, rather than be with a witch like Triss or Yen. From what i understand Triss and Yen is old and only looks good through magic? How fake ?? LOL ;)

I should for some reason keep mine to myself?
Dunno if I should cry or laugh, because it's both sad and funny at the same time. If you actually cared to read you would realise that I mean don't force your own opinion on the others. You said what you think is in YOUR OPINION the best ending - that's it, no need to act as if you are the one who's opinion matters more than the others, because it's not.
I simply replied to you because I saw your previous "discussion" with other member and it didn't seemed like you both respected each other at all.

Dunno if I should cry or laugh, because it's both sad and funny at the same time. If you actually cared to read you would realise
Maybe you should have actually cared to write it in proper intelligible english then? No, instead let's mock another user in a condescending manner.

don't force your own opinion on the others
Which I never did nor tried to.
You said what you think is in YOUR OPINION the best ending - that's it,no need to act as if you are the one who's opinion matters more than the others, because it's not
Did you even read my original comment or you just couldn't help yourself and jumped at the first chance at being (yet another)self-congratulating dull sword around here?
I didn't even said what my "best ending" even is.

I simply replied to you because I saw your previous "discussion" with other member and it didn't seemed like you both respected each other at all.
Unlike your charitable genius blessing us with such modesty, grace, and respect.

Maybe you should have actually cared to write it in proper intelligible english then? No, instead let's mock another user in a condescending manner.
Oh look another grammar nazi, how predictable! Im loving these kids who instead of making valid points goes for shit like someone's proper english skills. LMAO gtfo if that's all u care. Sorry but not everyone has english as it's native language.
Unlike your charitable genius blessing us with such modesty, grace, and respect.
Keep rolling these, the ignorance is above level 9000 with this onel. Gotta love how you still predent as if you did played like a jerk before, whatever lol.
Which I never did nor tried to.
;))) oh yes u did but keep saying that

For me Ciri The Witcher and Geralt with Yen is the most canonical and the most logical. So I guess the best for me. Let me explain both positions.

1. Ciri the Witcher.

I found this ending the only right because as you can remember Geralt told Ciri in Kaer Morhen something like: "I've never treated you like a child even when you were a child". It's true, Geralt doesnt need to shadowstep her. Also we know how Geralt despises Emhyr. You really think that he's going to visit him with Ciri just after she'd saved her? Nonsense. So only the one ending left. Ciri The Witcher.

2. Yen and Geralt togetherforever

I know that hardcore Triss fans are trying hard to pervert the meaning of the Wish and mark their love only as a spell.
For me how their love strong and real was pretty clear even in the game. And with the books behind I don't even dare to have any doubts.
I found very significant that she's ready to leave all the politics and its intrigues just for their happiness.
And found it's fair that after all the years of misunderstandings with each other, after all the years when someone always tried to separate them (Vilgefortz or Wild Hunt), after all the years of weird but very powerful and fervent love they have earned to be together and live happily ever after.

For me Ciri The Witcher and Geralt with Yen is the most canonical and the most logical. So I guess the best for me. Let me explain both positions.

1. Ciri the Witcher.

I found this ending the only right because as you can remember Geralt told Ciri in Kaer Morhen something like: "I've never treated you like a child even when you were a child". It's true, Geralt doesnt need to shadowstep her. Also we know how Geralt despises Emhyr. You really think that he's going to visit him with Ciri just after she'd saved her? Nonsense. So only the one ending left. Ciri The Witcher.

2. Yen and Geralt togetherforever

I know that hardcore Triss fans are trying hard to pervert the meaning of the Wish and mark their love only as a spell.
For me how their love strong and real was pretty clear even in the game. And with the books behind I don't even dare to have any doubts.
I found very significant that she's ready to leave all the politics and its intrigues just for their happiness.
And found it's fair that after all the years of misunderstandings with each other, after all the years when someone always tried to separate them (Vilgefortz or Wild Hunt), after all the years of weird but very powerful and fervent love they have earned to be together and live happily ever after.

what has Geralt's stance consistently been on anything ciri does? she makes her own choices, he takes her to see her biological father because she should make the choice herself.
Ciri as empress is the only ending that is true to the character. If I had one criticism of the game it would be that actually. Given that is the only ending true to the character any other choice becomes only the illusion of choice if you, the player, wishes to stay true to the person Ciri is.

On the matter of Yen, i guess it depends how you play Geralt, but if he's hero guy then, personally I can't see him with Yen, once you get past her looks shes kinda a bitch, cold hearted, looks down on people. If you're playing defender of the down trodden i feel G and Y just down fit.

what has Geralt's stance consistently been on anything ciri does? she makes her own choices, he takes her to see her biological father because she should make the choice herself.
Ciri as empress is the only ending that is true to the character. If I had one criticism of the game it would be that actually. Given that is the only ending true to the character any other choice becomes only the illusion of choice if you, the player, wishes to stay true to the person Ciri is.

On the matter of Yen, i guess it depends how you play Geralt, but if he's hero guy then, personally I can't see him with Yen, once you get past her looks shes kinda a bitch, cold hearted, looks down on people. If you're playing defender of the down trodden i feel G and Y just down fit.

I wrote "for me". It doesn't mean I've asked for The Cult Of Eternal Triss zealot's opinion :)

Top Bottom