Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lovely Triss <3

Beautiful picture!

Hey people, new to the forums.

Found about the future Triss romance additions/tweaks.

I chose her over Yen on my first playthrough, the romance with her was pretty bland, you romance her and don't see her until much later in the game, its like the game kind of forces you to choose Yen. I was planning to go with Yen in my second playthrough, but I might wait till the new additions to Triss and go with her again. I hope the new tweaks also includes Triss and Kiera actually being at Kaer Morhen (If you send them there) instead of only showing up at a certain quest. Yes, little details like this kind of annoys me in games lol.

Good work to all of you, you people are the reason Triss' romance option is being fixed.

I could picture what the changes in dialogue mean, instead of Cerys talking about Yen, she says "You and Triss make a great couple" hehe

Our lovely Triss <3

I agree. Maybe she get to smile more with the new dialogues and the new tweaks. She was alway sad even after the docks and I wanted her to react to the fact that Geralt choose her.

Pretty much burst with joy and excitement. Ok maybe too much.

I could picture what the changes in dialogue mean, instead of Cerys talking about Yen, she says "You and Triss make a great couple" hehe

No we should get more than that, I think what they have planning going to be great after all this is CDPR we are talking about.

On a joking note tho I wanted to scream and throw some grape shot at Cerys when she kept talking about Yen and I couldn't respond or mention Triss.

No we should get more than that, I think what they have planning going to be great after all this is CDPR we are talking about.

On a joking note tho I wanted to scream and throw some grape shot at Cerys when she kept talking about Yen and I couldn't respond or mention Triss.

Of course, but seriously it is a struggle to replay through Skellige and not have one mention of Triss or at least have the ability to correct Cerys. I was actually watching the scenes with Cerys just saying out loud "Mention Triss, this is the perfect opportunity to end this conversation and correct her and you just sit back and not say a word" ahhhhhhhhhh (ok maybe a bit of an exaggeration), still can't wait to see what CDPR do!

So holy shit. I held my breath when I spotted this on twitter a few minutes past... I will remain hopeful but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment. Again.

The devs plan on "somewhat" fixing this Triss debacle. Now I haven't read through this thread past the OP but what I obviously expect is that the game world will actually recognise that I, the player, roleplaying as Grealt, chose Triss instead of Yen *GASP!*. I have not had the stomach to run the game since I found this glaring issue in the game(together with a game-breaking bug as well)... I just, didn't feel... I became really bitter I guess. I just could not believe CDprojekt Red treated it essentially as a non-issue during development.

So. I am cautiously optimistic.

Of course, but seriously it is a struggle to replay through Skellige and not have one mention of Triss or at least have the ability to correct Cerys. I was actually watching the scenes with Cerys just saying out loud "Mention Triss, this is the perfect opportunity to end this conversation and correct her and you just sit back and not say a word" ahhhhhhhhhh (ok maybe a bit of an exaggeration), still can't wait to see what CDPR do!

Was a struggle going through the Last Wish quest as well. Whole time I was playing I sat there thinking just tell Yen you're with Triss now.

Might be a problem with Cerys. She talks about Yenn all the time. I can't remember exactly what she said and in which order. It would be stupid if she will talk about Yenn after you corrected her. I hardly believe REDs will remake all Cerys lines.

Need more Triss! Need more Triss!

I´m so excited for whatever is coming! : )

I wouldn't get too excited, it doesn't sound like we're getting any major additional content and so won't address the issues with the romance being largely ignored for the greater part of two entire acts. Tweaks are a good start but hardly go far enough to redress the imbalance between the two romances. Contrary to what I've said previously, the two romances contain some excellent writing with them both being very different (Yen's feels more physical, Triss' more soulful), it's just as has been said, ignoring Triss for two acts in favour of Yen really does not represent parity in the story and those inconsistencies, never mind the disparity, cannot be overcome with a few tweaks here and there. There needs to be additional content added to Acts 2 and 3 if we're to have Triss' romance as valid a choice as Yen. Simply having one word - "Well?" - for the majority of the game from your love interest does not do the writers credit.

Might be a problem with Cerys. She talks about Yenn all the time. I can't remember exactly what she said and in which order. It would be stupid if she will talk about Yenn after you corrected her. I hardly believe REDs will remake all Cerys lines.

I know but i was thinking that you correct her about Triss but she would still go on for Yen because she would think that he stills loves Yen or would do it out of their friendship (since they have been together for a long time), or they could save the mention about Triss right until the end. I don't really mind too much, i rather a mention of Triss in the last wish quest as the reason for why Geralt is leaving her (if the quest is done after now or never). Still all speculation at the moment.

So holy shit. I held my breath when I spotted this on twitter a few minutes past... I will remain hopeful but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment. Again.

The devs plan on "somewhat" fixing this Triss debacle. Now I haven't read through this thread past the OP but what I obviously expect is that the game world will actually recognise that I, the player, roleplaying as Grealt, chose Triss instead of Yen *GASP!*. I have not had the stomach to run the game since I found this glaring issue in the game(together with a game-breaking bug as well)... I just, didn't feel... I became really bitter I guess. I just could not believe CDprojekt Red treated it essentially as a non-issue during development.

So. I am cautiously optimistic.

Thanks to everyone hard work, ideas submission, and keeping the previous thread alive long enough for dev to notice we finally got a response from the dev acknowledging the issues and said they intend to correct them.

We can only hope the corrections lives up to the core ideas or the organization as Marcin and GingerEffect suggested it was their intent to make those correct in accordance with the core philosophy. Read the OP of this thread their response are there for all to see under the two spoiler tags.

CDprojektRed has earned many times over, benefit of the doubt. That being said, I am willing to take them at their word and see the amazing work they present after the corrections are made. From Marcin and GingerEffect post to our previous thread, I came to the conclusion that they did not intend the gameplay to be so one sided.

They stated after the issues in the thread were raised they took another look and realize the inconsistencies we were talking about.

It's a shame the last thread ended before it reached 1000 pages but I understand it. Good to see that now we have a thread dedicated to Triss. I guess I should probably finish the Kovir story I started in the last thread, this seems like a more appropriate place to post it. Until I finish that, I wrote this, taking inspiration from the scene in Lassie, where Timmy fell down a well.

Geralt: What's that Trissie?
Trissie: Well, well, well?
Geralt: Yenny fell down a well?!
Trissie: Well?
Geralt: Thats the third time this month, right?
Trissie: Well, well, well, well, well? Well, well. Well well?
Geralt: I agree, let her find her own way out.
Trissie: Well?

We can only hope the corrections lives up to the core ideas or the organization as Marcin and GingerEffect suggested it was their intent to make those correct in accordance with the core philosophy. Read the OP of this thread their response are there for all to see under the two spoiler tags.

This fills me with doubt:

“I wouldn’t go as far as calling it new content. We will be implementing small additions and tweaks in character dialogues that should please many folks in this thread. :D

They're not calling it 'new content' but 'small tweaks'. Doesn't sound promising to me. Perhaps a recognition of your romance but that's about it. I certainly wouldn't call 'small tweaks' 'something big'. Perhaps I'm being cynical and I hope I'm wrong but I won't be holding my breath that Triss' romance will suddenly be as valid a choice as Yen's as far as the game's concerned, specifically in terms of parity in the amount of dialogue content . It really feels like those of us who chose that route got a raw deal and 'small tweaks' aren't going to fix that.

Last edited:
I know but i was thinking that you correct her about Triss but she would still go on for Yen because she would think that he stills loves Yen or would do it out of their friendship (since they have been together for a long time), or they could save the mention about Triss right until the end

So why not to correct Ceris after her first mention of Triss and wait for it till the end? You might be right though, and REDs can fit a small mention in the Cerys dialogues.

i rather a mention of Triss in the last wish quest as the reason for why Geralt is leaving her (if the quest is done after now or never)

It would be very harsh to her. I wouldn't be surprised if Yenn will throw Geralt from the top of the mountain after that.

I know but i was thinking that you correct her about Triss but she would still go on for Yen because she would think that he stills loves Yen or would do it out of their friendship (since they have been together for a long time), or they could save the mention about Triss right until the end. I don't really mind too much, i rather a mention of Triss in the last wish quest as the reason for why Geralt is leaving her (if the quest is done after now or never). Still all speculation at the moment.

All we can do is wait and see. Marcin and GingerEffect said they are working on it so I'm sure they will be working on more than just changing a few lines.

You have to remember the inconsistencies we brought to their attention wasn't simply about dialogues. They said they follow everything we discussed in the previous thread and we kept the first page pretty up to date with new ideas. We have to let them work and we will see what they come up with.

I highly doubt the dev will sully their reputation by making insignificant changes just to save face. I think the changes will be meaniful, well crafted and pleasing to everyone. I won't be suprise if Triss is waiting at Kaer Morhen. I don't think it's hard to insert the character code in Kaer Morhen with a few dialogue and scenes.

Don't panic people, just continue to believe in the dev. We all did and still do. That's the main reason why the last thread was started and became so succesful, we kept faith that the dev would see the legitimacy in the issues that were raised.

It would be very harsh to her. I wouldn't be surprised if Yenn will throw Geralt from the top of the mountain after that.

In a polite manner!!, letting her down easily when she says "how i don't feel any different", at that point Geralt can mention his heart is in another place although he will always love Yen and if she asks, then he could mention what he went through with Triss and how he sees his future, but in all honesty i was expecting Yen to throw him from the top of the mountain after claiming "Sorry Yen, magic's gone" lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom