Geralt is a Whoreson Playthru

+
Geralt is a Whoreson Playthru

For as much choice as there is in this game, there seems to be quite a few no-brainer choices (for anyone with a shred of human decency) for Geralt where picking certain things is unambiguously a "dick move" on Geralt's part. Some examples:

Whoreson Junior:
Letting Whoreson Junior live

Dijkstra:
Let Dijkstra kill Roche, Ves and Thaler

Keira:
Let Keira take the scrolls

Radovid:
Let Radovid continue his mage killing

Due to the sheer number of these choices that just make Geralt look like a total arsehole I figured it might be fun to dedicate an entire playthrough of the game playing Geralt as this seedy uncaring selfish greedbag whoremonger who rejects love, screws over his friends, only works for those who pay, and kills everyone who so much as looks at him wrong.

I just thought I'd post this to maybe give others the idea and see if anyone else has tried a playthrough like this and what your experiences with it were? I think it'd be a fun roleplay to really go the darkest route possible.

I let Keira take the scrolls but the game showed her fate with me not letting her. I dont know why.

Personally I would have sided with Dijkstra, if he have gone about it a different way. But I can't let him kill Roche & Ves after what they did for Geralt.

Keira taking the scrolls helps her cure the most horrifying plague ever.

This isn't really Mass Effect where there's "Good" and "Bad" decisions.

I let Keira take the scrolls but the game showed her fate with me not letting her. I dont know why.

Did you also suggest she go to Kaer Morhen? That's the critical question.

But I have to admit I'm surprised why anyone would think that letting Keira take the scrolls is a bad decision.

But I have to admit I'm surprised why anyone would think that letting Keira take the scrolls is a bad decision.

The game goes out of its way to make it seem like she's planning to become a Mad ScientistTM who will build a Doomsday Weapon for Radovid.

Which, to me, requires you to REALLY ignore everything the game presents about Keira.

Keira's Evil is more Mean Girls than Mad Scientist.

The game goes out of its way to make it seem like she's planning to become a Mad ScientistTM who will build a Doomsday Weapon for Radovid.

Which, to me, requires you to REALLY ignore everything the game presents about Keira.

I got the impression that Alexander was a Mad ScientistTM but never got that vibe about Keira, even near the end of the discussion. I just felt sorry for her.

I got the impression that Alexander was a Mad ScientistTM but never got that vibe about Keira, even near the end of the discussion. I just felt sorry for her.

Yeah, she's being 100% sincere that she wants to cure the plague with the notes. Gamers are used to distrusting the Lodge, though.

I also think people who took Annabelle's bones to Graham were having trust issues in the following quests.

Which is TOTALLY what they were going for.

"That evil Keira slept with me to get those notes so she can DESTROY THE NORTH!"

"No, no, I really want these for science!"

"Evil science!"

"GOOD SCIENCE! WHICH MAKES MEDICINE!"

"Die hag!"

You could also free the Crone's Mother, then do the Crone's quest, that way you let all the Crone's entire family to wreak havoc on Velen.., kill people at the Inn in the Crossroad, letting the guy who was left for the drowners go and not punishing him later. List just goes on and on...

Hmmm, well, letting Junior live was a good decission for me, especially when i seen what happened to him later on because of that. Even Ciri comments "this is worse than death".

Siding with Djikstra, this is no a dick move at all, it is a neutral move imho, since if you read carefully what he tells you thrue the game until that point, i really belive he has good plans for the North.
However i do feel way to attached to Roache as Geralt and refuse to let him die for some higher cause. t_t

Keira, letting her live and take scrolls seems good decission to me any day, i never killed her so far (doing 5th playthrue atm)

I have to agree, I think letting her keeps the scrolls is fine. I let her do it all the time, and suggest she go to Kaer Morhen. I think the game is bugged though, because it always tells me I didn't let her keep the scrolls. *shrug*

Yes I suggested that. I know that's critical about her but I expected something different. And I looted Alexander's notes while searching the tower. I thought this might be the problem.

Keira taking the scrolls is actually the better choice. It's one of the few major choices in the game that seems wrong but ends up being good.

Keira taking the scrolls is actually the better choice. It's one of the few major choices in the game that seems wrong but ends up being good.

This. I did a playthrough or, more just made saves at certain points, to see what the outcomes of different decisions were. One of which was letting Keira follow her original plan of going to see Radovid, which eventually led to the "A Final Kindness" quest. That was probably the single most emotional moment in any game for me. Never again will I do that.

I too let her keep her notes in my normal playthrough.

Top Bottom