POLL: More expansions for the Witcher 3 or a new Witcher 4 game?

+

POLL: More expansions for the Witcher 3 or a new Witcher 4 game?

• Hell Yeah! More expansions for Witcher 3! More, more, more!

Votes: 169 56.5%
  • Witcher 4 with a fresh start, completely new characters and setting? Yes, yes! It's my dream!

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Witcher 4 with Ciri? Why are you even asking? Obvioulsy she kicks ass! Let's do it!

Votes: 42 14.0%
  • Honestly guys, the triology ended perfectly. Just leave CDPR alone and let them focus on Cyberpunk.

Votes: 49 16.4%

• Total voters
I voted for more expansions of the existing TW3. Fleshing out the world they've already created in TW3 is the most appealing option.

A close second is TW4, but with a brand new protagonist/story. I do NOT want to play as Ciri. If they make a Witcher game without Geralt as the PC, then I'd want it to be someone completely new.

I voted for more expansions even though I know it's not the best answer (really, CD Projekt RED should be allowed to move on to other things.) I just can't get off this Witcher 3 hype train. I want more, more, more, more, more!

It's interesting to note (at least for me) that some players seems to love the idea of playing as Ciri, but an equal amount of users seem violently opposed to it.

I would actually be fine with either. Play as Ciri, play as someone new, play as someone player created... I'm fine with either actually. As long as it's well done of course. My own pet peeve would be not playing as Geralt again, his story is told and done and over with for me.

Maybe playing as a young Geralt would be ok but as much as I like him I think I've seen enough of him now, especially once the expansion are done. Maybe give someone else a shot at the limelight.

But please do tell - why don't you like the idea of playing as Ciri? It's not because she's a girl is it? Is it because she's not a witcher? You know.... those things can be fixed.... what if she lost all her powers in the confrontation with you know what and decides to undergo the mutations? Just a thought. It can be done tastefully I think.

Can't say how it ended since I didn't play TW3 yet, but I don't mind if CDPR would focus on Cyberpunk now. If they have enough resources, they can make two games in parallel, then another game in the Witcher universe would be welcome. But I'm not sure if they have enough money for that.

I certainly want more expansions, DLCs, content patches, enhanced editions and the like for Witcher 3... with Geralt, there's still plenty of life to tap into this universe but better it be built upon an already impressive game.

After that, let them build something else, and maybe if they decide to revisit the fantasy genre later on try a different or wholly new IP.

I'd say that having a new Witcher games that gives you the option to play as a Witcher or Witcheress, Sorcerer or Sorceress would be a very good idea (Imo).

Create a new character, dive into the world with it. With how much work CDPR usually puts into their RPGs, I'm sure it will be a lot more interesting than the current Witcher games.

Considering a Witcher 4 with Geralt is no option I voted for no Witcher 4 at all. Don't really like the idea to play as Ciri, Eskel, Lambert or any other predefinied character.
Let them concentrate on Cyberpunk and a completely new IP afterwards.

Honestly, I've done all of the side stuff in TW3 and I feel like I could play so much more of it without getting tired, I felt the same way in TW1 & 2, it's a perfect world for me to get lost in, if they kept expanding the game forever, I'd probably keep playing it forever, that said I doubt a couple of more expansions would satisfy me, but ~10 would definitively soften the blow ;)

Seriously guys, you have a masterpiece upon you, it'd be foolish not to use it's full potential, take us to the places that are usually just mentioned in the previous games, make us encounter all of the mythical monsters that are usually just mentioned in the previous games... but do them justice, don't do them for the sake of doing them, I'd rather not get them at all instead of getting something done just to please the fans, if you feel like you can do it, do it, but if you're not sure about it, don't bother... just saying, the potential for expansion for this game is off the charts!

What about prequel trilogy started out as him as boy doing the training undergoing the trails fighting that damn Zeugl. meeting Yennifer Zolten and triss and his best friend Dandilion. it Could work witcher 1 he was in his late 80's now he is in his 90's in the witcher 3 there is 70 years that are left they could play with.

Probably because there are a lot of players who thinks that the priority should be change many things in the Witcher 3 instead of focusing in the future games. I'm one of them

More content for Witcher 3 :D . A 40 dollar expansion like Destiny for the Witcher 3 will be an instant buy for me .

I could go for the paid DLC, like before I move onto some new game. I would like to see a Witcher 4 maybe in the future, it could be a prequel if we need to have Geralt in the main story line. But what about the other witchers, they had lives prior to the creation of the all mighty Geralt?

My choice,

1) Make more expansions for TW3, some should be dedicated to post ending content.
2) Make a huge Kovir expansion. Why don't take advantage of open world design ?

A quest to find Triss there if you made a decision to let her go in main game. Triss should be there !

3) Get to Cyberpunk :p
4) Make Witcher 4.

I don't mind paying for additional expansions if they offer enough content to justify their price. TW3 shouldn't be abandoned so fast in favor of TW4, it has a lot of potential. Geralt and other characters can do a lot more in this world before we move on.

Last edited:
the main game feels empty, so, more content on the main maps, and expantions and then Cyberpunk 2077 and then witcher 4 ;)

If there is going to be a Witcher 4, I'd actually want to keep playing as Geralt. The series will never be the same without him .

Hell yea, Witcher 4 but hopefully not too soon, I felt that the Witcher 3 has so much more potential to develop and more things to explore and develop, I mean there are several immersion breakers in the game that I hope gets fixed somehow. As for Ciri being the main character for the next Witcher game, I have to disagree, Ciri is a good character, but not one you'd want as a protagonist since she will have this "Chosen one" kind of image whereas Geralt has always been a character that looks simple not predestined for anything but just shows up to wreck stuff and saves the day. Hopefully it maybe playing as Vesemir in his glory days, I mean that dude has centuries worth of tales despite for just a fencing instructor in the Wolf School.

If there is going to be a Witcher 4, I'd actually want to keep playing as Geralt. The series will never be the same without him .

Let me start off by saying I like Geralt as a character and have no issues playing as him, however ...

I don't really understand why people need him so badly or the game "won't feel right" or whatever. The Witcher universe is such a fantastic, detailed one that you don't need one character to build a game around. The characters, the conflicts, the lore, it's absolutely fantastic and stands on its own even without Geralt there to drive the story along.

It's like Star Wars. You don't need to play as Luke Skywalker to take advantage of the setting and universe. The Witcher world is so much more than just Geralt.

Top Bottom