Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too prefer the original outfit also TW2 outfit is very nice. I really don't like the alternative one that much...It felt kind out of place and something Triss would never wear in that situation.

The more I think about it the more I realize how Triss is such a marvelous woman. Not speaking about physical appearance only, I mean the way she is. Determined but kind with people she loves. In a way delicate but resilient like steel should the situation requires. Romantic and passionate she did what she did because she loves Geralt.. It's one of my fav. woman in gaming so far.

Broagh, love is a passion ;)

The more I think about it the more I realize how Triss is such a marvelous woman. Not speaking about physical appearance only, I mean the way she is. Determined but kind with people she loves. In a way delicate but resilient like steel should the situation requires. Romantic and passionate she did what she did because she loves Geralt.. It's one of my fav. woman in gaming so far.

I love her kind heart. It's a rare quality even by real life standards. Not to mention the grim witcher universe.

What do you all think about the possibility of Triss appearing in the upcoming expansions? Do you think it might happen, or do you think Marcin's statement that we shouldn't expect "new content" precludes this?

You would think that would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone. CDPR has promised to make Triss and Geralt's relationship more reactive and consistent ... why not allow Triss to accompany Geralt on a few of the missions in Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine?

I'm not sure if his statement pertained solely to the main game, or whether he was referencing all future releases as well. Blood and Wine, in particular, would be a great place to revisit their relationship. "An atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual" puts me in mind of the masquerade at the Vegelbud Estate.

I too prefer the original outfit also TW2 outfit is very nice. I really don't like the alternative one that much...It felt kind out of place and something Triss would never wear in that situation.

Agreed with that and it's a very common reaction if you look across the internet (there was some. I have no idea what the designers where thinking but it's totally out of step with both the character and the game. I would rather (and I think most would agree) have had her TW2 outfit presented as an alternate choice in TW3. Hopefully someone will mod that in to the game at a later date.

I think the timeframe until the next expansion might be too short to integrate Triss fully in that.
What do you all think about the possibility of Triss appearing in the upcoming expansions? Do you think it might happen, or do you think Marcin's statement that we shouldn't expect "new content" precludes this?

I would like to see her there as Yen too. And I think *new content* means in main game.

I have a question for the people who were introduce to Triss in the The Witcher 3 ONLY (not the books or the TW1/TW2). I'm curious to know why you like Triss so passionately without any past knowledge about her character.
-Is it actual attraction (nothing wrong with that :whistle:)?
-Her looks (red hair and wonderful "assets" all)?
-Her voice (it is quite seductive, I must say:smiling:)?
-Was it how she was represented in the "Sword of Destiny" trailer?
-Her personality towards Geralt (I can't really say everyone because she hardly interacts with anyone else them in TW3)?
-Her incredible loyalty to her friends and fellow mages that she is willing to get tortured for Dandelion, and risk getting burned at the stake for the mages in Novigrad?
-Is it the vibe she gives off every time she enters a scene or is already in one?
-Or is it her name? Cuz lets face it Triss Merigold sounds badass as f*ck!

What makes her so different from Yen (no bashing)? From Ciri? Fringilla? Keira? e.t.c
Of course anyone can answer the question, but I really want a detailed response from the first-timers (I'm currently getting a bachelors in psychology, so I'm interested in stuff like this).

“Did you hear that Triss? There, you have your Lodge. You see their true colors, their true interests. And what do you think of them? You were a mentor to the girl, almost – as you put it – a big sister. And Geralt…”“Do not attack Triss’ relationships, Yennefer.” Philippa retaliated with her own fire in her eyes. “We will find and rescue the girl without your help. And if you succeed, that's fine, a thousand thanks, because you will have saved us the trouble. You tear the girl out of the hands of Vilgefortz and we will be happy. And Geralt? Who cares about Geralt?”“Did you hear that, Triss?”“Forgive me,” said Triss Merigold dully. “Forgive me, Yennefer.”“Oh, no, Triss. Never.”

Triss is in a miserable place at the end of the books. Her faith in the Lodge is shaken, and she seems to have lost her best friend. She even begs Ciri to take her away to another world, but Ciri leaves her behind.

Ciri brushed the hair from her forehead and sniffed.

'Apologise to the ladies at Montecalvo, Triss,' she said. 'But it can be no other way. I cannot stay if Geralt and Yennefer leave. I simple cannot. They must understand.'

'They must.'

'Goodbye, Triss Merigold. Take care, Dandelion. Take care all.'

'Ciri,' Triss whispered. 'Little sister... Let me sail with you...'

'You do not know what you ask, Triss.'

'Will I ever see you...'

'Definitely,' she interrupted.

She climbed aboard the boat, which rocked and immediately began to move away from the shore. It disappeared into the fog. Those on the shore did not hear the slightest splash and there was no movement in the water. It was as if it had disappeared, like a ghost.

For a brief moment they saw the small silhouette of Ciri, they saw her sitting at the bottom of the boat as it accelerated swiftly. And then there was only fog.

She lied, thought Triss. I will never see her again. i won't see her, because... Vaesse deireadh aep eigean. Something ends.

'Something ends,' said Dandelion.

'Something begins,' Yarpen Zigrin finished.

I have a question for the people who were introduce to Triss in the The Witcher 3 ONLY (not the books or the TW1/TW2). I'm curious to know why you like Triss so passionately without any past knowledge about her character.
-Her personality towards Geralt (I can't really say everyone because she hardly interacts with anyone else them in TW3)?
-Her incredible loyalty to her friends and fellow mages that she is willing to get tortured for Dandelion, and risk getting burned at the stake for the mages in Novigrad?

Of course her physical appearance is important. I love red-heads :) but the ones I left up in your comment are the most important to me. She is a kind soul who loves Geralt and treats him nicely in contrast to someone else :whistle: who treat me (as Geralt) like dirt.
Also the fact she is loyal and kind to her friends is very important to me. It tells me she is a trustworthy person and of sound moral (maybe not the exact words but you get what I mean).

Last edited:

I think the 3rd expansion is the only reason why our problems will be solved and we'll get new dialogues. There is very high chance that we well see Triss in this expansion. It's just speculations, but i think nobody would rehire 20+ actors to record a couple of lines.

why not allow Triss to accompany Geralt on a few of the missions in Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine?

Maybe they'll allow. Who knows. There is not that much room for it in Hearts of Stone expansion but it's possible in Blood and Wine. They gave us a hint in the support response: "Stay tuned for a dlc/expansion." It should mean something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom