Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I really hate about the ending, and I'm talking about the good one with Yen, is... Are you serious Ciri? Don't you have a single word to say to your mother that you're leaving? :S A goodbye? A hug? A kiss? :(

Angsty Teenage Ciri confirmed

Seriously though, that pissed me off

What I really hate about the ending, and I'm talking about the good one with Yen, is... Are you serious Ciri? Don't you have a single word to say to your mother that you're leaving? :S A goodbye? A hug? A kiss? :(
I'm indifferent to this, I think Yennefer would've spoken to her in my headcannon, just makes sense to, doesn't really need to be shown on screen for me.

This !! There should be at least ONE cut-scene with Yen and Ciri (without Geralt). She's her mother for god's sake. The game made it look like the only important person in Ciri's life is Geralt...and while all their scenes were cute and all, they should have included Yen-Ciri as well. It's one of those things that pissed me off the most.

Yeah,considering how close Ciri and Yen were in the books,I was very disappointed by the lack of their interactions :cry:

Well, i could, cause it's my post, but i don't know, if a rant is so showable :p

But i will think about it. Kinda funny that my inital post was almost entirely positive..

yep that's what i mean.
maybe it looks strange.

But you can give it a try :D

Hmm, can't edit my first post properly, probably because it's too long, how did that happen :p

If i click on edit, the forum just shows me an empty box and if i just copy/paste the text in a new reply to see a preview, i get an 500 Internal Server Error like back then.

Looks like i sabotaged myself :p

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Last edited:
@Kallelinski Just great. All my admiration for you.

What is sad is that as Yen's fan kept quieter than Tris' fans. We just replying politely thier claims agaisnt Yen. They've made a (baised) poll, they've cryied and here they have an answer. So, maybe acting like child is a good way to be listen :/

What is sad is that as Yen's fan kept quieter than Tris' fans. We just replying politely thier claims agaisnt Yen. They've made a (baised) poll, they've cryied and here they have an answer. So, maybe acting like child is a good way to be listen :/

Well, while I don't like these small inconsistencies when it comes to Yen, it's still nothing compared to the Triss problem, let's be honest...however I hope CDPR will try to fix other things as well, not only Triss just because the forum thread has reached 900 pages...

In my opinions (and this is someone who doens't particularly like Triss) Yennefer doesn't require as much attention. You can speak to her in Act 3, and a lot in the game in general, granted that is because she needs to make up for time lost (she wasn't in the previous games)

however I hope CDPR will try to fix other things as well, not only Triss just because the forum thread has reached 900 pages...

Yep... or do we have to paint every other important Thread in red ?

To be honest...i dont want this kind of attention...

Last edited:
In my opinions (and this is someone who doens't particularly like Triss) Yennefer doesn't require as much attention. You can speak to her in Act 3, and a lot in the game in general, granted that is because she needs to make up for time lost (she wasn't in the previous games)

I'm not talking of more Yen, but some dialogue Geralt's sentences, as several have pointed previously. I agree and thanks to CDPR if they fix Triss interacting with Geralt if he choose her to romance. But no one Geralt's friend is OK with him if he defends Yen. How can any newcomer or no reader books can understand WHY Geralt is in love with her, then?

To be honest...i dont want this kind of attention...
Aye, same here.

Kind of funny to see how Triss, a much more fiery person, has fiery fans who get what they want quickly, while the Yennefer fans are quieter.

BTW please don't interpret that as a shot to Triss and Triss fans, just an observation as to how different groups are different.

Aye, same here.

Kind of funny to see how Triss, a much more fiery person, has fiery fans who get what they want quickly, while the Yennefer fans are quieter.

BTW please don't interpret that as a shot to Triss and Triss fans, just an observation as to how different groups are different.

Yennefer seems to be pretty fiery as well.

I'm not talking of more Yen, but some dialogue Geralt's sentences, as several have pointed previously. I agree and thanks to CDPR if they fix Triss interacting with Geralt if he choose her to romance. But no one Geralt's friend is OK with him if he defends Yen. How can any newcomer or no reader books can understand WHY Geralt is in love with her, then?
I've never read the books or played the other 2 games, what I know is passed on knowledge from friends of mine. I liked Yennefer because as I got to know her more I realised she wasn't just a bitch, y'know? We new ones aren't an ignorant lot :D

I've never read the books or played the other 2 games, what I know is passed on knowledge from friends of mine. I liked Yennefer because as I got to know her more I realised she wasn't just a bitch, y'know? We new ones aren't an ignorant lot :D

Yeah, I already said like ....80 pages ago? lol..that it doesn't work like an automat : book readers--->Yen , non book-readers ---> Triss
All you have to do is visit reddit. There are plenty of people who didn't know jackshit of Yen and still went with her. So they had to see SOMETHING in her.

I'm not to this! Why? Because we don't see any scene between them that show the love they feel for each other. Only one: the meeting in Kaer Morhen. After that, nothing else. It seems like if Yennefer were only a friend to Ciri... >_<

And by the way, I don't know guys if you remember the mission Payback with Ciri, Geralt and two guys that helped Ciri in Novigrad. Ciri says everybody have plans for her, even Yennefer... How is that? I mean, really????? Did I miss something? As fas as I know, Yennefer has been always trying to protect her even if she has to risk her own life. She neved had an evil plan for her.

Here's the link, min 20:12 https://youtu.be/ztnB86O1x8k?t=20m12s

Yennefer seems to be pretty fiery as well.
When pressed (like when Geralt annoys her and she teleports him in the lake), but ultimately, a lot calmer than Triss, least that's the impression I got.

---------- Updated at 07:05 PM ----------

I'm not to this! Why? Because we don't see any scene between them that show the love they feel for each other. Only one: the meeting in Kaer Morhen. After that, nothing else. It seems like if Yennefer were only a friend to Ciri... >_<

And by the way, I don't know guys if you remember the mission Payback with Ciri, Geralt and two guys that helped Ciri in Novigrad. Ciri says everybody have plans for her, even Yennefer... How is that? I mean, really????? Did I miss something? As fas as I know, Yennefer has been always trying to protect her even if she has to risk her own life. She neved had an evil plan for her.

Here's the link, min 20:12 https://youtu.be/ztnB86O1x8k?t=20m12s
Could be Ciri just assumes that, but I think Yennefer isn't innocent, I believe at some points she has thought of using Ciri, though that doesn't take from the fact that she loves her as a daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom