So cute :heart:

I spilled my first blood with this post.How fitting ;D

Another little anecdote about Yennefer, the monster:

"Lady Yennefer?"
"Yes, Owlette."
"Tell me, is it possible to achieve everything with magic?"
"No."
"But a lot, or not?"
"Yes." The sorceress closed her eyes for a moment, touched the lids with her fingers. "A lot."
"Something really big...something terrible! Something very terrible?"
"Sometimes more terrible than you want."
"Hm...and will I...when will I be able to do something like that?"
"I don't know. Maybe never. I hope you will never be forced to do so."
Tranquillity. Silence. Heat. The smell of flowers and herbs.

Andrzej Sapkowski, Blood of Elves

Yup. And just the whole idea of the wish being why they're in love in the first place if you wanted it to be. If anything, I think the fact that Yennefer was still in love after the wish was undone and "suddenly" not Geralt still shows that the wish had nothing to do with love, as implied in the books. Geralt made the wish. The feelings he had before it was made don't just suddenly go away as if they were connected to the wish. They would have disappeared during the time the wish was active so it wouldn't just be a sudden thing. In the most sense, the break-up line was just a way out for him without getting "YENNEFER'S ALMIGHTY WRATH".

I understand why it was implemented like this, but I still consider it lazy and pays no respect to the canon of the books. But games and books are different, blah blah blah, etc. At least CDPR put some fan service in.

Couldn't agree more. It just gives more arguments to people who are like :"Geralt only loves Yen because of the wish !!!!!!!! It's not truuu luv!!"

<Sapkowski rolling his eyes in the distance>

So maybe the non-readers can blame CD Project for this result: Triss & Yennfer Straw Poll
Kallelinski, after your post I still don't like her kind.
And please, don't shuffle the book and this game. Those are completely different art pieces, like movies and books. In books you can use all your imagination while in the game or movie you will get that from a different person's view.

Last edited:
So maybe the non-readers can blame CD Project for this result: Triss & Yennfer Straw Poll
After your post I still don't like her kind.

Whom do you mean with "your post"? And nobody forces you to like her.

And please, don't shuffle the book and this game. Those are completely different art pieces, like movies and books. In books you can use all your imagination while in the game or movie you will get from a different person's view.
Still one is based on the other. You cannot discuss the games without discussing the books. It's not possible.

After your post I still don't like her kind.
And please, don't shuffle the book and this game. Those are completely different art pieces, like movies and books. In books you can use all your imagination while in the game or movie you will get that from a different person's view.
The first two games (moreso TW2 since there is no choice) are Triss-centric. Of course gamers are going to prefer Triss. I don't understand why polls are so important when obviously Triss has a bigger history in the games when the games have reached many more people over all these years. They prove nothing in regards to who is better.

On the topic of books, the books are canon in game Geralt's past. They are just as relevant. Disregarding them is laughable.

Yup. And just the whole idea of the wish being why they're in love in the first place if you wanted it to be. If anything, I think the fact that Yennefer was still in love after the wish was undone and "suddenly" not Geralt still shows that the wish had nothing to do with love, as implied in the books. Geralt made the wish. The feelings he had before it was made don't just suddenly go away as if they were connected to the wish. They would have disappeared during the time the wish was active so it wouldn't just be a sudden thing. In the most sense, the break-up line was just a way out for him without getting "YENNEFER'S ALMIGHTY WRATH".

I understand why it was implemented like this, but I still consider it lazy and pays no respect to the canon of the books. But games and books are different, blah blah blah, etc. At least CDPR put some fan service in.

I'm not a huge fan of their interpretation of the wish & the forced earlier flirting they accompanied it with either despite my happiness at finally being able to extricate Geralt. I'd have preferred Geralt to just be able to be able to express a desire to be with either woman and not have it or his behaviour linked to the wish.
I don't think it's fair to say it pays no respect to the canon though.

I'd have preferred Geralt to just be able to be able to express a desire to be with either woman

Exactly. They should have given him the ability to speak of Triss, not just blaming everything on the wish... It should be something like :"Yen I will always care about you but I want to be with Triss now" or something similar. Nope, instead he couldn't be more cruel in this scene as he is right now lol

Kallelinski, after your post I still don't like her kind.

I don't see any point in such polls or any kind of a competition.

Isn't it the opposite? In books you can usually read what people think, see the profound thoughts of a character, but in games and movies you usually can't. Games and movies usually use just one POV through which you, the watcher or player, sees the world.

The games use the books as source material, not vice versa, it's kinda hard to say that the medium, which builds on the other one, is to be distinguish by it.

Now we only need to find a pair for Letho.Hmm...how about Rita?I remember she was upset that Geralt never slept with her

Letho and Philippa! She has a history with big guys after all, and they can go on romantic royal assassination missions together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom