Random Loot From Chests - Yeh Its Working

+
Random Loot From Chests - Yeh Its Working

Hello Again My Friends... Is any one try this ?

I am roaming in White Orchard only as waiting for so called big 1.07 patch but I try this & its working. I just try this at one place only. The loot is not random but stats are.

Here what I found...

Place - White Orchard

In WH there is a wind mill & near wind mill there is a one house where we have to drop down & have to use Aard to break the door & inside it there are 3/4 chests & in one chest I think in left one we are getting sword.

1st I got simple sword so i try to reload game where I am at door of the house & I check again & I found same sword but now its master item [ Blue Item ] with some good stats. As I got this working I try it for few times & I found stats are changing every time & Finally I stopped when I got nice Magical sword with 4% Igni intensity, 3% Adeline gain point & 10% critical hit chance

I just try this once but If any one tried this or going to try this & found good item then share place & Item stats here.... Thanks.

Request to CDPR - Please don't fix this plezzzzz

P.S. BTW how to take screenshots in witcher 3 ? I tried Print Screen but not working as well there is no key to take screenshot ?

Last edited:
In regards to screenshots... are you using an nVIDIA card? If so download the Geforce Experience and turn on Gameshadow. It runs in the background and is always recording. You can hit a button to save the last X minutes of gameplay (you can choose how long) and also use it to take screenshots.

In regards to screenshots... are you using an nVIDIA card? If so download the Geforce Experience and turn on Gameshadow. It runs in the background and is always recording. You can hit a button to save the last X minutes of gameplay (you can choose how long) and also use it to take screenshots.

Yes I am using NVidia & Ya I already knows those things as well about screen renders but I don't want to use difficult path just to take one screenshot. Isn't there is a easy way ? like print screen button ?

random loot is a common feature in rpg games. Its not a bug.

I though you were talking about a bug due to the fact that you've said "Pls don't fix this" and I was unable to open the spoiler and I assumed that you've found something that gives you an advantage.

Given the fact that I couldn't see the spoiler, it makes sense. I don't like sarcasm anyway, nor assumptions.

Given the fact that I couldn't see the spoiler

But still I think Title is clearly explaining the point, isn't it ?

& I told CDPR not to fix because sometime developer seems to treet this like exploit & eventually going to fix the thing which I don't want :)

Random loot is common in games, and kind of necessary to a degree for open world games, at least ones that hope to have a decent amount of interactive containers. They tend to use levelled and themed lists of acceptable items to put in those specific containers meaning the loot is still random but makes sense where you find it, chests at the end of a dungeon always have better loot than random crates in a village wagon.

This also cuts down on predictability, if you have an insanely powerful weapon that's well hidden but unguarded, well you could just march Geralt straight there in every playthrough and grab that weapon right out the gate, no challenge, no experimentation. Random levelled loot allows you to expect a certain quality of item is equivalent to the effort put in but without making it an expected return.

I think this system works fine for The Witcher 3 insofar as it doesn't interfere with the intended route of upgrades. Only early in the game will you generally find gear upgrades through chests, it is intended for you to upgrade gear via merchants, crafting, and quests, and the quests and crafting are robust and interesting enough that the lack of notable gear found through exploration I feel is forgivable.

I think the real issue with the random loot is the oversaturation of certain items that devalues them (from a difficulty standpoint) such as alcohol or food.

Tuco

Forum veteran
"Random loot is just bad game design, it's not a feature" are you talking about this ?? Then its my opinion about his reply hahahaha
Well, he's right. It's terrible and tragically widespread bad design. Can't think of a single case of random loot that didn't suck badly.
Random loot almost managed to single-handedly ruin my favorite RPG in the past year, Divinity Original Sin.

On the other hand, any single example of handcrafted itemization I can think about always felt remarkably better. Gothic, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Risen, [the best part of] Might & magic... You name it.

Last edited:
Why are you constantly being sarcastic when someone expresses his opinion about a "feature"

Sorry but the real thing is I am replying like that because...

1] some peoples are not understanding the main point of the topic
2] some people don't want to tell there opinion but want to change other opinion by saying no you are wrong & I am right.
3] So basically they want to argue rather then posting there opinion by quoting mine or other post.

Finally as I am not interested in arguments where those are out of topic I am just trying to end it. I hope you understand now :)

---------- Updated at 12:18 PM ----------

Well, he's right. I'ts terrible and tragically widespread bad design.

Then what about your post no #11? Why you quoted him & reply "Well, it is a common BAD feature." ???

Tuco

Forum veteran
Then what about your post no #11? Why you quoted him & reply "Well, it is a common BAD feature." ???
...Where are you getting the impression that my previous reply and the last one are contradicting each other, exactly?

Oh, and by the way chances are people are not "understanding the point of the topic" because... well, because quite frankly it reads like a drunken thread and it barely makes any sense.

I can live with random loot, Iam not gonna keep reloading to get good things anyhow.

But I dont like it when vendors have diffrent things in inventory if you instantly talk to them again.

Top Bottom