Has anyone looked through the game files for the lost nvidia features?

+
Has anyone looked through the game files for the lost nvidia features?

I don't want to start another downgrade gate shitstorm, let that be clear.

I'm just wondering if anyone has looked in the game files for things like "flexible water simulation" and other nvidia features that didn't make it into the final version of the game.
This video shows some of those features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g

I'm 100% sure this is not the fact, but how awesome would it be if someone found a file in which you could edit something like "enableNvidiaFlexiblewatersimulation=0" into 1 and get the feature? A man can dream...

I tried looking for it myself, but I am a complete novice and couldn't even open any .dll files. I do have some spare time though, so if someone could help me that'd be great.

I think they stopped working on those features and focused on techniques that could be implemented into the console versions too. would be interesting if they developed those features enough for implementation though.

I don't want to start another downgrade gate shitstorm, let that be clear.

I'm just wondering if anyone has looked in the game files for things like "flexible water simulation" and other nvidia features that didn't make it into the final version of the game.
This video shows some of those features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g

I'm 100% sure this is not the fact, but how awesome would it be if someone found a file in which you could edit something like "enableNvidiaFlexiblewatersimulation=0" into 1 and get the feature? A man can dream...

I tried looking for it myself, but I am a complete novice and couldn't even open any .dll files. I do have some spare time though, so if someone could help me that'd be great.

Anything can be dragged into a text document, it'll take a bit of effort to find the right files though and there's the chance that you might not find what you're looking for since things can go under different names.

Anything can be dragged into a text document, it'll take a bit of effort to find the right files though and there's the chance that you might not find what you're looking for since things can go under different names.
How, if I may ask? Opening for example APEX_clothingGPU_x64.dll with notepad just gives me a load of encrypted rubbish. I've got some spare time, so if I could do the community a favor by finding interesting stuff that'd be great :):victory:

How, if I may ask? Opening for example APEX_clothingGPU_x64.dll with notepad just gives me a load of encrypted rubbish. I've got some spare time, so if I could do the community a favor by finding interesting stuff that'd be great :):victory:

I've looked through it, there are some legible things but thats fairly basic stuff. They're coding files and reverse engineering them is incredibly tricky. Nonetheless, a RED employee has already said that the e3 trailer and shit just had a different sharpening filter that can easily be applied through redkit3 which is yet to be released to the public.

a RED employee has already said that the e3 trailer and shit just had a different sharpening filter that can easily be applied through redkit3 which is yet to be released to the public
A filter, sure but more complex stuff like the nvidia flexible water simulation too?

A filter, sure but more complex stuff like the nvidia flexible water simulation too?

Going over those videos and through my actual gameplay, the water seems to be the same as it was in the trailer.
I don't have an eye for those kinds of things so I may be wrong but it may not even be possible to find the corresponding files.

Going over those videos and through my actual gameplay, the water seems to be the same as it was in the trailer.
I don't have an eye for those kinds of things so I may be wrong but it may not even be possible to find the corresponding files.
The water does react, but in a superficial kindof way; the water in the trailer to me seemed more like the water in battlefield 4 oceans: completely alive

This seems to be drifting into another downgrade discussion. I believe the OP's intent was for it to be a technical discussion.

The water does react, but in a superficial kindof way; the water in the trailer to me seemed more like the water in battlefield 4 oceans: completely alive

Either way, I'm not sure what to do. If it's something somewhere in the game files that CDProjekt have left then any kind of software that allows editing of .dll files or extracting the contents of the main game files will probably help you find em.

Guest 2364765

Uh, i think "most" of that is in the game(besides particles) but really toned down.
Granted, some of that got cut along with old renderer, which wasn't deemed fit and it didn't perform well enough on most of PCs.

Not that i miss those features, Hairworks alone runs already as bad as it does. More NVIDIA eyecandy would lay unused on my 970 either way.
Perhaps when we get DX12 and if CDPR decides to redo their renderer for DX12, we'll see more of those scrapped features reimplemented.

Update: I tried a few things, with the current water options (tesselation value set to 2048 for example whereas the current highest game option value is 64) but none of them seem to increase water quality and physics too much beyond the ultra value in game.

If there's an ETA on the redkit, let me know so I can clear my schedule :p

People started trying every possible.ini change as soon as the game launched. It's simple, without the Kit, we're extremely limited.
Yeah, although I read somewhere that if we were to get an override folder (which is a lot easier for the devs to give us than the complete Kit) we could already do much more than we can now.
And with the redkit probably being months away, I think we should look into this

Guest 2364765

Not to be smug but...do you really think it's just as easy as changing a couple settings in a config file? All of the settings have hardcoded limits.
Tessellation has a factor limit of 64 and that's DX11 limitation.

I don't think you'll find any tendrils of nvidia things apart from maybe terrain tessellation. That still seems to be in the INI files. (According to that guy that did the comprehensive run through of graphics settings on nvidia site)

One line of text can look like it could initiate an unused effect but don't get excited if you find anything as it would need a whole load of files that probably aren't there anymore.

Top Bottom