Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be given a chance to ask Triss or Yen depending on our choice to tag along us to Toussaint or the through the mission duration
Hope for Roses, Wine and Triss
This would be really cool, to make the Triss/Yen choice available in one of the expansions, something like Roche/Iorveth path in TW2. Seeing how romance choice seems to divide the people on these forums the most, I think it would make both Triss and Yen fans happy to have that choice, but unfortunately I doubt it will happen, implementing that seems like a lot of work, especially if they didn't planed that from the start, which I doubt they did.

This would be really cool, to make the Triss/Yen choice available in one of the expansions, something like Roche/Iorveth path in TW2. Seeing how romance choice seems to divide the people on these forums the most, I think it would make both Triss and Yen fans happy to have that choice, but unfortunately I doubt it will happen, implementing that seems like a lot of work, especially if they didn't planed that from the start, which I doubt they did.

This would also calm down many folk here
both Triss and Yen fans alike !!

But there will be Shani and Fringilla too - That means a lot of ladies to die for for in Expansions packs :)
Shani's design looks great. Hope there won't be any repetition of Romance scenes with same old TW3 generic character model switch.
Also can REDs pull-off a scene better than or equal to Elven bath scene from TW2.
Only the time will tell !!

EDIT: We as ardent fans are willing to wait for the requests we made to come into a feature. My hopes are more on Toussaint Expansion for this feature to be implemented.

Last edited:

We should've suggested that in the previous topic. I don't think we did.

---------- Updated at 10:49 AM ----------

But there will be Shani and Fringilla too - That means a lot of ladies to die for for in Expansions packs :)
Shani's design looks great. Hope there won't be any repetition of Romance scenes with same old TW3 generic character model switch.
Also can REDs pull-off a scene better than or equal to Elven bath scene from TW2.

EDIT: We as ardent fans are willing to wait for the requests we made to come into a feature. My hopes are more on Toussaint Expansion for this feature to be implemented.

It will make all of us feel better, yes. I honestly don't think that Shani will be a valid romance option. She will be there, you probably can sleep with her (But I don't think she will be a romance option).

Yes we should totally do that if we didn't.
Only tweaks can be done to existing base game.
But
Expansions is a different story. Devs have always replied to us
to look forward to the expansions for the requested features

Yeah. I got the same responses too. It gave me a bit of comfort knowing that the changes they're adding with the expansions and the newly implemented options will give us the romantic satisfaction we're after.

It will make all of us feel better, yes. I honestly don't think that Shani will be a valid romance option. She will be there, you probably can sleep with her (But I don't think she will be a romance option).

Yeah i can't imagine Shani as a romance option although the possibility of having a 'scene' with her probably will be an option. I am more interested in what it means for Triss (not that i won't be happy to see Shani again), i would think that there will be opportunities with Triss (and Yen) to further their relationship (if pursued), and that could be done through scenes/interactions or through dialogue about her (hopefully the former). The devs have told us to look forward to the expansions so that could mean very good news.

I felt that they had limitations (That weren't applied by them) on how far they can go in the erotic scenes in TW3. Also, after the release of the new expansions. If there is something new to be added to the new characters. I hope it gets added to the previous one too. Both Yen and Triss deserves it. There is definitely more going on during the scenes. They made that much happen. Yet, It's censored for some reason.

---------- Updated at 11:06 AM ----------

Yeah i can't imagine Shani as a romance option although the possibility of having a 'scene' with her probably will be an option. I am more interested in what it means for Triss (not that i won't be happy to see Shani again), i would think that there will be opportunities with Triss (and Yen) to further their relationship (if pursued), and that could be done through scenes/interactions or through dialogue about her (hopefully the former). The devs have told us to look forward to the expansions so that could mean very good news.

I really hope there will be more opportunities for the currently existed romance options(They implied that themselves in some of their responses to us). It seems like the fair thing to do. Making sure to apply the old competition on the newcomer or rather (The old one) Since Shani goes all the way back to TW1.

I honestly don't think they will be adding 40 more hours of game-play to a game which already has 100 hours of game play without including our romance options in it. It will be boring and uneventful without them.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:

I don't know, after all you didn't have to romance either Triss or Yen in the main game. It would be the perfect opportunity to give players an additional choice, especially Shani-lovers from the first game who have been let down since then. Still, as long as I get some additional content with Triss I'll be happy regardless.

I really hope there will be more opportunities for the currently existed romance options(They implied that themselves in some of their responses to us). It seems like the fair thing to do. Making sure to apply the old competition on the newcomer or rather (The old one) Since Shani goes all the way back to TW1.

I honestly don't think they will be adding 40 more hours of game-play to a game which already has 100 hours of game play without including our romance options in it. It will be boring and uneventful without them.

Yes i can't imagine the two expansions (around 35-40 hours) wouldn't have the opportunities for some romance content especially in regards to our choice - Triss and Yen are likely to get something in one of the expansions (maybe even both), and Shani as well (although how limited her romance arc is remains to be seen, if she has romance content that is). It would certainly be uneventful without having something relating back to our romance choice, i mean it isn't like we are spending 40 hours doing monster contracts. If neither was romanced then the expansions may account for it or maybe i am being too hopeful.

---------- Updated at 11:19 AM ----------

I don't know, after all you didn't have to romance either Triss or Yen in the main game. It would be the perfect opportunity to give players an additional choice, especially Shani-lovers from the first game who have been let down since then. Still, as long as I get some additional content with Triss I'll be happy regardless.

Yeah that could work as having an additional romance option (if the player wants it), i could be completely wrong and the expansions may avoid any romance content because they didn't bother or didn't know how to implement it (i hope not and i still doubt it). Still like you said, i would be happy as long as there is some content with Triss.

I think the DLC gonna focus on Shani only since this available in Velen and Oxenfurt. No Triss and Yen in this area yet (Triss may close by but Yen ...). I don't keep my hope up and get crush again by CDPR :lol:

But Blood and Wine DLC is in a whole diffirent area, and all i can think the time for Geralt go to this area is in Norvigad (Act 3) for the entire crew (Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Avalach, Philippa, Magarita maybe Dandelion, Zoltan too) to lose some stress :evil:

I think the DLC gonna focus on Shani only since this available in Velen and Oxenfurt. No Triss and Yen in this area yet (Triss may close by but Yen ...). I don't keep my hope up and get crush again by CDPR :lol:

But Blood and Wine DLC is in a whole diffirent area, and all i can think the time for Geralt go to this area is in Norvigad (Act 3) for the entire crew (Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Avalach, Philippa, Magarita maybe Dandelion, Zoltan too) to lose some stress :evil:

If this DLC is a stand alone story then there's every chance we could romance Shani. Anyway, one thing at a time and fix Triss first, please then worry about Shani. Or better yet, just allow polygamy in the game and that'll settle all the arguments on the forum :p

Yes i can't imagine the two expansions (around 35-40 hours) wouldn't have the opportunities for some romance content especially in regards to our choice - Triss and Yen are likely to get something in one of the expansions (maybe even both), and Shani as well (although how limited her romance arc is remains to be seen, if she has romance content that is). It would certainly be uneventful without having something relating back to our romance choice, i mean it isn't like we are spending 40 hours doing monster contracts. If neither was romanced then the expansions may account for it or maybe i am being too hopeful.

---------- Updated at 11:19 AM ----------

Yeah that could work as having an additional romance option (if the player wants it), i could be completely wrong and the expansions may avoid any romance content because they didn't bother or didn't know how to implement it (i hope not and i still doubt it). Still like you said, i would be happy as long as there is some content with Triss.

I don't know for hearts of stone as there is only 10 hours, already Shani and not much time before the release. But for blood and wine, like you, I can't imagine not sharing some time with your LI, I mean com'on this scenery of fairytale castle.... the more I think about it the more I think going with your romance choice isn't utopian. Going alone to Toussaint would be like going to the Vengelbug Ball alone :(

I don't know for hearts of stone as there is only 10 hours, already Shani and not much time before the release. But for blood and wine, like you, I can't imagine not sharing some time with your LI, I mean com'on this scenery of fairytale castle.... the more I think about it the more I think going with your romance choice isn't utopian. Going alone to Toussaint would be like going to the Vengelbug Ball alone :(

The chance is this DLC is complete and only needs final polishing. They'll probably be working on main game optimisations and the bigger DLC for next year. I'm down with the idea of being able to choose Triss or Yen to accompany you to Toussaint as well. That's CDPR's chance to expand both romances in to something worthwhile.

You're making a very good point. I feel that we should start a thread and give them our input on the matter (Our current romance options being adding to the expansions that is) perhaps request some more information about it. Just to know if it was in their plans or not.

You're making a very good point. I feel that we should start a thread and give them our input on the matter (Our current romance options being adding to the expansions that is) perhaps request some more information about it. Just to know if it was in their plans or not.

If they want it to be a surprise, they more than likely won't add any details until the very last minute... Make us wait for it! :)

@riddlin your inbox is full.

It's not feasible for them to fix that because they would have to redo the whole Yennifer dialogue sequence in Skellige where you automatically flirt without dialogue choices. There would also have to be 2 completely different romance dialogues for every scene with Triss because most conversations would be completely different if you were still together. It would also be very difficult for the game to detect if your Geralt would breakup with Triss or not, that kind of choice recognition would have to be designed from the start.

I've come to terms with the auto flirtation in Skellige. It wasn't what i wanted but i think the devs want it there to highlight the effect of the wish on Geralt's behaviour before it is broken in last wish quest..

Regarding blood and wine, i'm very much keeping my fingers crossed that it'll feature content for both women.

If they want it to be a surprise, they more than likely won't add any details until the very last minute... Make us wait for it! :)

@riddlin your inbox is full.

I saw that one coming. I know they can't give us too much information about it. But our question will be simple (Are we going to have more Triss and Yen in the expansions or not?). It seems fair enough for us ask and from them to share that much information about the expansions. It would definitely make the people who suffered through Triss's romance with all the inconsistencies and plot holes to reconsider coming back to the game with high hopes of having a better ending.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:
I highly doubt either Yen or Triss will show in Toussaint since they are both busy doing stuff, maybe Fringilla? Altho she is in Emhyrs dungeon during W3 afaik...

I saw that one coming. I know they can't give us too much information about it. But our question will be simple (Are we going to have more Triss and Yen in the expansions or not?). It seems fair enough for us ask and from them to share that much about the expansions. It would definitely make the people who suffered through Triss's romance with all the inconsistencies and plot holes to reconsider coming back to the game with high hopes of having a better ending.

Oh I agree!!! But I know if I was going to bring out a new expansion, I wouldn't let any details out :p Make 'em suffer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom