A first glimpse at the expansions

+
As a general rule I never pay for any DLCs or expansions, so too bad.

So then you don´t play them or you pirate them? Bad for you if u think that nothing more than just the base game is worth money. I usually don´t buy DLCs unless I´m buying some GOTY edition or sth like this but I´ll gladly pay for "oldschool" expansions like this.

Shani looks a bit like Natalie Portman. I am glad we get to see her again my Geralt romanced her in TW1.
But now give me Iorveth!!

As a general rule I never pay for any DLCs or expansions, so too bad.

There were quite a few worthy expansions in the past. Awakening for Dragon Age 1 as example.
After what CDPR delivered with Witcher 3, they have my complete trust. 1€ per hour of content is a great deal, too.

lol. Nice rule. What about betas, can you play those?
Tried once, never again.

So then you don´t play them or you pirate them? Bad for you if u think that nothing more than just the base game is worth money. I usually don´t buy DLCs unless I´m buying some GOTY edition or sth like this but I´ll gladly pay for "oldschool" expansions like this.
I haven't pirated any game in years, if something is not worth paying for it's not worth playing. Whether it's worthy or not it's a different story in case of DLCs and Exps, I simply refuse to support the idea of paid content even if it is from good guys like CDPR

That is a very illogical rule.
I understand not paying for bad ones. But this?
30 + hours, new areas and characters?
More than worth its money.
Maybe, but again, I'm not supporting paid content.

There were quite a few worthy expansions in the past. Awakening for Dragon Age 1 as example.
After what CDPR delivered with Witcher 3, they have my complete trust. 1€ per hour of content is a great deal, too.
Look at the above

So you never played Mask of the Betrayer. I feel sorry for you.
Never even played the base game.

You should stop paying for games too, really extend your fun. :p
I'll pay for a game I know is worth the money, hell I'll get collectors edition. But if I think a game is not worth playing I won't pirate it.

Last edited:
Well thats kinda contradicting, Its free and it stopped me from buying that awful ESO thing.
How is it contradicting ? I tried playing and paying for an unfinished game, it was a mistake, not doing that ever again. I used to buy a lot more game than I do now. So far only Alien Isolation and TW3 this year. There is simply less and less game worth my time.

I haven't pirated any game in years, if something is not worth paying for it's not worth playing. Whether it's worthy or not it's a different story in case of DLCs and Exps, I simply refuse to support the idea of paid content even if it is from good guys like CDPR

Maybe, but again, I'm not supporting paid content.

Your reasoning lacks logic.

You already payed for content (it seems, I am skeptical now).

I paid for the original game, the DLCs are free (thanks CDPR) but the expansion is not free, ergo I am not paying for it.

I still fail to see the logic.

You want the DLC to be free too?

They gave you a 200 hour game. And 16 free DLCs :p
2 more fairly big and cheap expansions is too much :O ?

I still fail to see the logic.

You want the DLC to be free too?

They gave you a 200 hour game. And 16 free DLCs :p
2 more fairly big and cheap expansions is too much :O ?
Depends on what's in DLC
But that's not my point.
Some DLCs are worth buying some are not. Because most of them are not, I decided not to buy any content which comes out after the game. It may not seem logical to you but it's just what I decided for myself.

Depends on what's in DLC
But that's not my point.
Some DLCs are worth buying some are not. Because most of them are not, I decided not to buy any content which comes out after the game. It may not seem logical to you but it's just what I decided for myself.

But these probably will be MORE than worth it...

This also is not DLC. It is Expansions...

Well expansion is technically a DLC just bigger. And I know it will be juicy good, but I don't break rules I set for myself.

Your rules were created to protect you... at least that is what I got.
You wont be breaking them by buying something you like.

No. Expansions were the original. Before DLCs. So DLCs are like expansions... just smaller...

Konrad Tomaszkiewicz:
"The expansion packs will be whole new storylines with all the elements you've got in the main story (like cutscenes, new characters, new items, new Gwent cards) and many, many more. They will be quite long. The first expansion will be around 10 hours and the second expansion will be around 20 hours... and I think it's possible that they will be bigger, because it's always like this (that when we plan some time or hours, it's twice or something like this), but I'm not promising anything right now. And even now, if you sum up this 10 to 20 hours and you compare it to The Witcher 2, it's almost the size of The Witcher 2. And it will be cool, it will be new stories, it will be very emotional stories and I think that people will be happy."
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/329274/Witcher+3+expansions+"almost+size+of+Witcher+2"/

Sounds promising:)

Top Bottom