Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to anyone here, but it seems to me that you guys are focusing too much on the Triss thread, in the last few pages of this topic you are talking more about that than Yennefer. Who cares if someone doesn't want to read the books, or that he has a different(be it wrong or right is not relevant) opinion on the lore. There are hardcore people on both sides and it seems to me that the hostility is becoming more obvious in the last few days. I just don't see the reason for that, we are all Witcher fans, and I feel like this hostility is ruining and preventing many good discussions. Live and let others live, no matter how much you point out the facts from the books or feel the need to change someones opinion the reality is that it is never going to happen among the people so passionate about these characters. Sorry for going off topic, I won't bother you again.

P.S. I loved how Yen seemed confused and not sure how to act when Geralt and Ciri were trashing the lab, one of my favorite scenes in the game, also she shouting Ciri, Ciri when we first arrived at KM gave me goosebumps.

Exactly.. I remember those variety of threads, where you could have a long and porfitable discussion about, Witcher politic, midage history, conception of character... what hell has happen? Another Conjuction of Spheres?

I have no idea. Maybe a big influx of new players who only care about romances? T'here are a lot of them in the Bioware forum, who straighly admit that the romances are the only reason they play Dragon Age/Mass Effect.
And let's be honest. The Triss thread is mainly about the romance and not only the person Triss.. Compare it with the Ciri .
Most people like her, she is a interesting character and the most important character for Geralt (us) but she doesn't even have a thread dedicated to her. No romance= no attention seems to be what this forum is about,
I bet if Eredin was romancable he would get the attention he derserves, because enough people would give a damn about his non-existent characterization in the game.

If they don't want to read the books that's fine but stupid,but i really don't understant this contempt that some players have for the books and book readers.

I've read the books but I do see a certain element of contempt for the game from certain book purists which clearly makes similar contempt understandable.

Her hair is too magical for gifs, it blinks :D

No offense to anyone here, but it seems to me that you guys are focusing too much on the Triss thread, in the last few pages of this topic you are talking more about that than Yennefer. Who cares if someone doesn't want to read the books, or that he has a different(be it wrong or right is not relevant) opinion on the lore. There are hardcore people on both sides and it seems to me that the hostility is becoming more obvious in the last few days. I just don't see the reason for that, we are all Witcher fans, and I feel like this hostility is ruining and preventing many good discussions. Live and let others live, no matter how much you point out the facts from the books or feel the need to change someones opinion the reality is that it is never going to happen among the people so passionate about these characters. Sorry for going off topic, I won't bother you again.

P.S. I loved how Yen seemed confused and not sure how to act when Geralt and Ciri were trashing the lab, one of my favorite scenes in the game, also she shouting Ciri, Ciri when we first arrived at KM gave me goosebumps.

I agree.We're focusing too much on Triss thread.Let's talk about Yen!
And remember Triss fans and Yen fans we should be friends

Or even something more ;D

I have no idea. Maybe a big influx of new players who only care about romances? T'here are a lot of them in the Bioware forum, who straighly admit that the romances are the only reason they play Dragon Age/Mass Effect.
And let's be honest. The Triss thread is mainly about the romance and not only the person Triss.. Compare it with the Ciri .
Most people like her, she is a interesting character and the most important character for Geralt (us) but she doesn't even have a thread dedicated to her. No romance= no attention seems to be what this forum is about,
I bet if Eredin was romancable he would get the attention he derserves, because enough people would give a damn about his non-existent characterization in the game.

Yup, i can't remember having this kind of discussion and reaction before 19th May.

The reason i created this thread wasn't primary to worship Yennefer, but also to clarify misunderstandings and talk/discuss about her character and her role in the story within the games and books. It's also totally fair to talk about Ciri here, as she is part of the family. I would be also totally fine, if someone starts asking about the Brotherhood of Sorcerers, i love all that sorcerers stuff.

Well, sometimes the thread drifts into fanservice, but that's sometimes fine, too :)

Yup, i can't remember having this kind of discussion and reaction before 19th May.

The reason i created this thread wasn't primary to worship Yennefer, but also to clarify misunderstandings and talk/discuss about her character and her role in the story within the games and books. It's also totally fair to talk about Ciri here, as she is part of the family. I would be also totally fine, if someone starts asking about the Brotherhood of Sorcerers, i love all that sorcerers stuff.

Well, sometimes the thread drifts into fanservice, but that's sometimes fine, too :)
Yeah that's why I prefer this thread, althought I don't have any preference regarding both romances. To be honest, while I really like both Triss and Yen I would ditch both for more Geralt/Ciri time. There is still Keira for some fun:p

There's acouple more of funny encounters for Geralt if you make the right questions or give the right answers :p

This Triss vs Yen thing is really weird given the fact that the biggest shortcoming of the game in terms of their characters affects both of them. So making one of them better should actually improve both (at least if you really improve something...). Making Triss better shouldn't have any negative influence on Yen and vice versa. On the opposite, CDPR could improve most by making their relationship better. That would have direct consequences to both "romances" and would increase the context and depth of both characters - if done properly.

I don't see why we should be forced to decide for one "team". Makes absolutely no sense to me. A lot of people love both characters and much more of the franchise. S why can't we talk about both characters like adults?

Last edited:
This Triss vs Yen thing is really weird given the fact that the biggest shortcoming of the game in terms of their characters affects both of them. So making one of them better should actually improve both (at least if you really improve something...). Making Triss better shouldn't have any negative influence on Yen and vice versa. On the opposite, CDPR could improve most by making their relationship better. That would have direct consequences to both "romances" and would increase the context and depth of both characters - if done properly.

Triss and Yen really need more interactions with each other.How can there not be a confrontation between them?Such a missed opportunity.

That's true. Giving Triss more romance time with Geralt in act 3 (Kaer Morhen for example) should lead to Yen reacting on that romance, which would help to solve Yen's lackluster interactions with other important characters. Though the almost non-existent Ciri/Yen interaction wouldn't be solved by this, same with Yen and Zoltan and Dandelion.

This being said, I still think that improvements to the antagonist are more important than the romances. But this isn't the right thread to discuss this.

Triss and Yen really need more interactions with each other.How can there not be a confrontation between them?Such a missed opportunity.

It's not only a missed opportunity. It's basically the core of the whole Triss thread. The "amnesia conflict" between Triss and Yen (and Geralt) is THE central and most important consequence of TW2 in terms of romances. A romance with Triss can't be meaningful without tackling that and a romance with Yen feels quite lacking without that either.

For me this lacking conflict with its respective consequences is one of the central shortcomings in terms of narrative in TW3 besides the very ending and the Wild Hunt.

I agree that's one of the things I badly wanted and it feels badly missed.
As it stands you have to assume something happens off camera given they suddenly go from yen bed throwing to casual chatting.
I don't think that's good though, the very least we should hear or see effects of their confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom