Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mega.nz/#F!CFhXXASA!9FJRw6gAYwT2hsBFQCrWZQ

full.mp4 = Youtube
v1.rar = the first ones (some different versions & gifs included)
v2.rar = the last ones i posted (mp4 & gifs included)

and here are the other 4 gifs/mp4, during the Uma scene:
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/ILHx7OVy/file.html

Sooo,

Thank you very much again.

No offense to anyone here, but it seems to me that you guys are focusing too much on the Triss thread, in the last few pages of this topic you are talking more about that than Yennefer. Who cares if someone doesn't want to read the books, or that he has a different(be it wrong or right is not relevant) opinion on the lore. There are hardcore people on both sides and it seems to me that the hostility is becoming more obvious in the last few days. I just don't see the reason for that, we are all Witcher fans, and I feel like this hostility is ruining and preventing many good discussions. Live and let others live, no matter how much you point out the facts from the books or feel the need to change someones opinion the reality is that it is never going to happen among the people so passionate about these characters. Sorry for going off topic, I won't bother you again.

P.S. I loved how Yen seemed confused and not sure how to act when Geralt and Ciri were trashing the lab, one of my favorite scenes in the game, also she shouting Ciri, Ciri when we first arrived at KM gave me goosebumps.

I guess you're talking about my post. Then don't need to worry, it was taken from two social networks and youtube where some mad...humans...did spam me hard.
Don't mean to be rude but I pretty much do not care about Triss thread or Triss so I don't want to check it wasting my time.

Anyway, I'm starting up a new run, romanced Yen twice, should I go the trifecta?

It is up to you - I just can''t say to Yen "magic is gone".... after all happened in the past...seriously?....eeeeh

---------- Updated at 03:59 AM ----------

Her smile when Geralt says "I'd go anywhere with you".
:animier:

Yep and she is kinda nervous what Geralt will reply...what is she saying when you refuse her offer? hmm never tried that and never seen that in any vid....

It is up to you - I just can''t say to Yen "magic is gone".... after all happened in the past...seriously?....eeeeh

---------- Updated at 03:59 AM ----------

Yep and she is kinda nervous what Geralt will reply...what is she saying when you refuse her offer? hmm never tried that and never seen that in any vid....

Yeah anyone can give us the spoiler what Yen say if Geralt say he won't go with her?

https://mega.nz/#F!CFhXXASA!9FJRw6gAYwT2hsBFQCrWZQ

full.mp4 = Youtube
v1.rar = the first ones (some different versions & gifs included)
v2.rar = the last ones i posted (mp4 & gifs included)

and here are the other 4 gifs/mp4, during the Uma scene:
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/ILHx7OVy/file.html

You're the best! THANK YOU!

---------- Updated at 06:38 AM ----------

Yeah anyone can give us the spoiler what Yen say if Geralt say he won't go with her?

I'd slap him! :teeth:

Yay! I'm finally back from my 2 week imprison :D

So the dev's confirm my point of view that this game is about Geralt and Ciri in first place. Well, I was trying to say this to other people some time ago but they didn't listen to me.

I also agree that people in this topic became a bit "jealous" to other thread on this forum. Well, I can't blame them because there were reason for this. But what I don't understand is that people became complaining about Yennefer content in the game. Do you really think it's bad? Really?! Except "Last wish" quest everything else in game with Yennefer is amazing or perfectly fine. Devs did really good job with her character. Again you should understand that game is more about Geralt and Ciri.

Someone was complaining that everyone in game is rude to Yennefer. But in books it's the same. So I don't think you should expect people prising Yennefer on every corner. Of course some of them even in the game show gratitude toward her. Like Vivaldy or Krah who defend her before Myshovyr. Only people who knows her pretty close understand her motives and actions. And that is good catch from the devs. Remember in the books even Neneke is rude with Yennefer. So in my opinion it's right thing in the game. Yennefer is kind of a persone who don't care much about society opinion about her. Yes, in books she send Geralt to teach a few people that they shouldn't do dirty talks about her :D but in overal I think she don't care. Like was she expecting prise from Skelige people when she helped pregnant woman? No one even says thank you... and I think she wasn't expecting this. The only one who thanked her was hight pristess. But she was looking into her soul not her reputation like everyone other.

The only thing that bugs me is Vesemir and Eskel behaviour. In the books Ciri says that when she was talking with Yennefer about Kaer Morhen, Yennefer eyes became more gentel and warm like she was dreaming if you can say this about this cold woman :) And Ciri says that for sure there was reason for such feeling. Also she says that Yennefer knows Vesemir and Eskel but not Lambert and Koyon. I guess when she was with Geralt he invited her to Kaer Morhen a few times. But on other hand it was her own fault. She didn't say hello to them instead start giving orders what to do. I guess I wouldn't like this too :)

So I don't see any reason to be upset by Yennefer role or content in the game. Of course it's my opinion. But I think we shoudl say big thank you to the devs :) They've done amazing job with Yennefer character!

Yay! I'm finally back from my 2 week imprison :D

So the dev's confirm my point of view that this game is about Geralt and Ciri in first place. Well, I was trying to say this to other people some time ago but they didn't listen to me.

I also agree that people in this topic became a bit "jealous" to other thread on this forum. Well, I can't blame them because there were reason for this. But what I don't understand is that people became complaining about Yennefer content in the game. Do you really think it's bad? Really?! Except "Last wish" quest everything else in game with Yennefer is amazing or perfectly fine. Devs did really good job with her character. Again you should understand that game is more about Geralt and Ciri.

Someone was complaining that everyone in game is rude to Yennefer. But in books it's the same. So I don't think you should expect people prising Yennefer on every corner. Of course some of them even in the game show gratitude toward her. Like Vivaldy or Krah who defend her before Myshovyr. Only people who knows her pretty close understand her motives and actions. And that is good catch from the devs. Remember in the books even Neneke is rude with Yennefer. So in my opinion it's right thing in the game. Yennefer is kind of a persone who don't care much about society opinion about her. Yes, in books she send Geralt to teach a few people that they shouldn't do dirty talks about her :D but in overal I think she don't care. Like was she expecting prise from Skelige people when she helped pregnant woman? No one even says thank you... and I think she wasn't expecting this. The only one who thanked her was hight pristess. But she was looking into her soul not her reputation like everyone other.

The only thing that bugs me is Vesemir and Eskel behaviour. In the books Ciri says that when she was talking with Yennefer about Kaer Morhen, Yennefer eyes became more gentel and warm like she was dreaming if you can say this about this cold woman :) And Ciri says that for sure there was reason for such feeling. Also she says that Yennefer knows Vesemir and Eskel but not Lambert and Koyon. I guess when she was with Geralt he invited her to Kaer Morhen a few times. But on other hand it was her own fault. She didn't say hello to them instead start giving orders what to do. I guess I wouldn't like this too :)

So I don't see any reason to be upset by Yennefer role or content in the game. Of course it's my opinion. But I think we shoudl say big thank you to the devs :) They've done amazing job with Yennefer character!

Yen's characterization has developed very well, most of us think that way, at least me! CDPR did a great job at this point ;)

But IMO there are some things that need to be fixed, little changes. Like a simple dialogue showing mother-daugther affection bewteen Yen and Ciri, a better line to break up with her in The last wish or remove the constant attacks to her from Eskel or Lambert.

I guess the thing about Yennefer is that when Ciri is involved, she doesn't even bother pretending to be polite or nice, she is determined and driven to get things done as soon as possible to protect Ciri. And if that means yelling orders at a few Witchers, she doesn't mind :p

It might not exactly make her popular, but I think her relentlless drive to steam-roll over everything and everyone to keep Ciri safe is actually really sweet.

I like this aspect to Yennefer's character, it makes her very interesting and it's why she's my favourite sorceress in the books and the games.

I guess the thing about Yennefer is that when Ciri is involved, she doesn't even bother pretending to be polite or nice, she is determined and driven to get things done as soon as possible to protect Ciri. And if that means yelling orders at a few Witchers, she doesn't mind :p

It might not exactly make her popular, but I think her relentlless drive to steam-roll over everything and everyone to keep Ciri safe is actually really sweet.

I like this aspect to Yennefer's character, it makes her very interesting and it's why she's my favourite sorceress in the books and the games.

What I really miss in the game is a little dialogue mother-daugther bewteen Ciri and Yen, some words showing the strong connection they have!!! When I play I have the feeling that Yen is only a good friend of her. Just look at the hug when they met again in Kaer Morhen, if you analyze it, you realize that hug is not very different from Vesemir's hug, for example.

I see a clear indifference from Ciri concerning Yennefer.

Last edited:
Well, in the books she didn't call her daughter very often too. Why the game should be different. Also Yennefer isn't person who like to show her emotions. There are small things in the game that show her true mother feelings and I think it's more than enough. It's a bit off-topic but Geralt and Ciri share much more than Yennefer and Ciri. Both are swords of destiny... one of the side are them and the other is death. Just think about how many friends both Ciri and Geralt has lost. The death is always behind them but they don't look backwards :( And I agree with devs that relationship between Geralt and Ciri are more important.

BTW someone was also asking why Yennefer is very calm and even obedient with Emgyr. But she is the same in books :) In styga castle she act very polite and calm. She just ask him not to make her daughter cry.

---------- Updated at 07:42 AM ----------

On my second playthrough I'm romancing Triss... but still Yennefer rocks even if you don't romance her. I've made her angry because of my relationship with Triss and as you know she teleports Geralt to the lake. I wasn't aware of this scene and it was big surprise for me :D but I was thinking like: "Hell yeah!!!! That's my girl!" Sooo... I contimue to enjoy her even when romancing Triss.

BTW someone here was asking about Triss and Yennefer friendship. In books they are like best friends. And someone was saying in the game they are not, or at least there isn't scene showing this. But if you romance Yennefer, Triss goes to Kovir. And returns only when Yennefer ask her! Now think about this. She leaves Geralt, the person she loves and refuse to stay unless you say I love you. She knows that Ciri is back and she is danger, but leaves Geralt and goes to Kovir. And returns only when Yennefers ask her. So I think it's shows that friendship between Triss and Yennefer is more important for her than Geralt. And it's the same in books ^_^

Well, in the books she didn't call her daughter very often too. Why the game should be different. Also Yennefer isn't person who like to show her emotions. There are small things in the game that show her true mother feelings and I think it's more than enough. It's a bit off-topic but Geralt and Ciri share much more than Yennefer and Ciri. Both are swords of destiny... one of the side are them and the other is death. Just think about how many friends both Ciri and Geralt has lost. The death is always behind them but they don't look backwards :( And I agree with devs that relationship between Geralt and Ciri are more important.

BTW someone was also asking why Yennefer is very calm and even obedient with Emgyr. But she is the same in books :) In styga castle she act very polite and calm. She just ask him not to make her daughter cry.

---------- Updated at 07:42 AM ----------

On my second playthrough I'm romancing Triss... but still Yennefer rocks even if you don't romance her. I've made her angry because of my relationship with Triss and as you know she teleports Geralt to the lake. I wasn't aware of this scene and it was big surprise for me :D but I was thinking like: "Hell yeah!!!! That's my girl!" Sooo... I contimue to enjoy her even when romancing Triss.

BTW someone here was asking about Triss and Yennefer friendship. In books they are like best friends. And someone was saying in the game they are not, or at least there isn't scene showing this. But if you romance Yennefer, Triss goes to Kovir. And returns only when Yennefer ask her! Now think about this. She leaves Geralt, the person she loves and refuse to stay unless you say I love you. She knows that Ciri is back and she is danger, but leaves Geralt and goes to Kovir. And returns only when Yennefers ask her. So I think it's shows that friendship between Triss and Yennefer is more important for her than Geralt. And it's the same in books ^_^

In regards to Yen with Emhyr at Stygga, I think it is more that Yen is extremly tired. She felt her task is finished (ending vilgefortz). There is no way out from the situation they were in so she accepted her fate and can only wish the best for Ciri. In any other circumstances, I bet Geralt and Yen will fight through hell for Ciri

Puuh, following this Thread after a short break is getting hard ^^

@kallelinksi
Nice work with the gifs :like:

@ajiehb

Well, in my opinion it's way too much Yennefer bashing...
Game shows no reason why everyone dislikes her, but they all do, because its yennefer....(eeeeevil....)
And some things are simply not true ...
Statements like "Yennefer betrayed Geralt's trust" for example...

And on the other side, nothing negative is mentioned about triss the whole time...

Attachments

• killing-me-meme-generator-i-m-done-eb8407.jpg
    killing-me-meme-generator-i-m-done-eb8407.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hmm who says Yennefer betrayed Geralt trust? I think I've missed this one in game :\

Well, Skelige folks have their reason to bash her. Witchers in Kaer Morhen too. Beside in the books Yennefer had the same evil aura around her name. Ciri often says it. Though I think she mention it more like dangerous and mysterious, some bug secret behind this name. Also as I said no one really likes her. Remember scene from Gold Dragon story... no one likes her except Geralt. Even Dandelion was blaming her. So it's common thing for her. And I think in the game it's the same.

As for Triss... she has done a lot of bad things. Both in previous games and in the W3. But you should talk about her in other thread. If you want :)

Yen is game is introduced in a great way.... for those who knnow her previously because the books or someone tell them about her and Geralt, and Ciri, and Pavetta and De Vries, etc.

An absolutly newcomer with a medium level of curiosity see her like a cold, distant and unloved people. In books there's few but mains characters who apreciate her very much. Notice that no one in the game makes any possitive comment about Geralt & Yen's relation. First, they meet Triss, the CDPR Female icon with a central poster in Plaboy, who is so sweet, and so graceful and sacrifice herself for get information about Ciri. And she is in dead danger hunted by an extremiste religion force... and the newcomer find itsellf in a situation that obviously you cannot ignore.. How can any good fellow let her going away alone?

And then the cold sorceress who give orders to Geralt appears, make rage an Old Druid, ignoring a legend, practise necromacy.... and still giving orders to Geralt.

Well, the result? an unfair introduction of Yen for anyone who didn't know her.

CDPR, I repeat made an awesome portray of her but a horrible introduction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom