Wich school gear for melee build?

+
Wich school gear for melee build?

Hey, I'm beginning a new game soon and I was wondering what armor would suit me best: My build is gonna be mainly melee with some other skills: Aard sweep, melt armor and frenzy.

Should I go for feline or wolven?

Last edited:
Feline is for quick attacks and frequent sign casting
Wolven and Griffin are mid and give sign boost but no melee boost
Ursine is for heavy attacks based style, but less frequent sign casting

Guest 3713529

I'd go mainly with Feline because of the attack power, bleeding and critical bonuses, but you'll have to be quick on your feet and dodge like a champ. But really, any other will do just fine anyway, just compensate with signs and alchemy when necessary.

Feline is for quick attacks and frequent sign casting
Wolven and Griffin are mid and give sign boost but no melee boost
Ursine is for heavy attacks based style, but less frequent sign casting

I'd go mainly with Feline because of the attack power, bleeding and critical bonuses, but you'll have to be quick on your feet and dodge like a champ. But really, any other will do just fine anyway, just compensate with signs and alchemy when necessary.

Ok thanks I began a new game yesterday. I'm level 3 w/ green and black coat 32 armor and got all places of power spent on muscle memory and cat school perk.

Guest 3713529

Yeah in my first playthrough I was relying heavily on combat perks and only marginally on signs (almost ignored alchemy altogether) so the Feline set was the perfect choice: "attack is the best defense" philosophy.

I would just recommend you go for whatever you think looks the best, the game isn't really hard enough to warrant min-maxing.

I usually go for Kaer Morhen armor as my default, but take off the gloves and put on a shirt when hanging around in Novigrad on hot days, basic feline armor also lends itself well to sunny weather. In Skellige I sometimes go for the Bear armor, because it looks so nice and warm.

Top Bottom