Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I was really disappointed with it too but, overall, The Witcher 3 is a REALLY good game. That's why I think he said 'small' disappointments in the interview and also why we care so much about it.

Oh man... I can't wait for the expansions! I think I'm going to read the books again to kill some time...

For me:
1. Option to give back the Rose of Remembrance, which will bloom at some point (would be pretty cool the see the Rose in the ending slide somewhere)
2. Kaer Morhen in general (why is she not there?, why can't we talk about her to Lambert/Eskel?, why can't we talk about Yen's kiss?, etc.)

Truthfully, there were so many inconsistencies with Triss romance in the story line that a simple one or two dialogue addition is NOT i repeat not going to do it justice. Especially after her role in the first two games. The dev was so focus on pushing Yen into the story that they intentionally or unintentionally shoved Triss into the background. I mean HARD shoved, probably even a kick.

Nothing against Yen lover, i am happy that their romance plot have a lot more meaning in the game, but what about the rest of the fans who played the previous two games?

And your opinion means something to me...proceed and I will try to lend my support where I can! :)

EDIT: and yeah, I lied...didn't go to bed yet. Had to update my writers blogs :D

I also value your inputs.

Honestly i look forward to reading what you post on here because you were a huge part of the success of the previous thread.

What I feel deep down is that they saw this coming before they even released the game and they already had a few stuff in-store to fix it. I really hope that's the case. I'd like to start playing the game again in my spare time to keep myself occupied until the release of the expansions.

I hope so, but judging from the comments the devs said, it doesn't seem like they were aware of the issues until we pointed it out to them - i mean they are a busy company and there is only so much they can do at once, but i don't want to get too excited thinking they have all of this planned, i believe they have got something planned for the expansions but in regards to what we will see in the main game, well hopefully they are working on it now and they bring back the voice actor.

---------- Updated at 04:47 AM ----------

Truthfully, there were so many inconsistencies with Triss romance in the story line that a simple one or two dialogue addition is NOT i repeat not going to do it justice. Especially after her role in the first two games. The dev was so focus on pushing Yen into the story that they intentionally or unintentionally shoved Triss into the background. I mean HARD shoved, probably even a kick.

And that is quite a problem, because they needed to establish characters like Yen and Ciri and they are very important to this game....the problem is that they had a cast of characters that were being established and having the focus on them in the previous games....so it is a hard task to bring in new important characters while letting established characters also get their screen time. To do with balance between them, well we also have to take into consideration they chose to make the game open world so there would be a big focus on that......this ain't excuses, they shouldn't of brought Triss down to a secondary character somewhat, especially with how they went with the previous games where she was very important to how the storylines played out...and now it means for us who have had the connection to the Triss character since the first game or even the books, well we end up getting disappointed.

Yeah but its pretty clear that isn't recognized...or did I miss the point of the original?

This was in response to them rewriting the intro so that you could START in a relationship with Triss. IF you had a save from TW2 it would be there...the above would be another line of questions from the creepy Nilf dude while Geralt gets shaved, the simulated save portion, right?

If you decided to start in a relationship with Triss, (from TW2 save file OR choosing 1 from above) then the rose would be NOT be dying and Triss' response would probably not be "I kept it as a warning..." or whatever it was.

Hope that makes sense...

What would be better is after reaching her house in Novigrad, beating the thugs/looters and dealing with the Temple Guards/Witch Hunters.
Once we find The Rose of Remembrance,

Triss shows up behind Geralt and says while feeling surprised unable to believe her eyes

Triss: "Geralt?!"
Geralt: "Triss... I was worried, did those bastards do anything to you?!"
Triss: "No... I managed to escape in-time... I'm really surprised to see you here... surprised, but happy"
Geralt: "I'm happy to see you too, Triss. But you shouldn't have risked coming back here, not after what happened outside"
Triss: "
I had to come back for it... I... I couldn't leave it behind, It's all I have of --"
Geralt:
"Of me? I promised I'd come back for you Triss... I can never abandon you, and I seeThe Rose is still blooming, looks like the Elven legends were true after all"
Triss: "Oh, Geralt" *Runs toward him and hugged him with passion*
Geralt: *Kisses her passionately"

5 minutes of voice acting and creating a different cut-scene in the events of giving her the rose and saving her in the previous game, the plot hole would've been avoided and everyone would've been happy. >.<

Sorry about the cheesy conversation between them. xD

I hope so, but judging from the comments the devs said, it doesn't seem like they were aware of the issues until we pointed it out to them - i mean they are a busy company and there is only so much they can do at once, but i don't want to get too excited thinking they have all of this planned, i believe they have got something planned for the expansions but in regards to what we will see in the main game, well hopefully they are working on it now and they bring back the voice actor.

I agree, I believe they miscalculated the reaction that people would have to them relegating Triss to card board status with the introduction of Yen. They were so focus n introducing Yen that they lost objectiveness and spend a lot more time fleshing out that character and ignoring one of the most important character in their game.

They promoted Triss and made her the face of the Witcher games along with Geralt then in the third and final game they did everything but delete her completely from the game. I don't know how that happened.

They should have spend just as much time developing her character in this game. The lack of attention to her character and part in the story is so obvious that it looks like she was added after the fact.

I know the devs check out this thread from time to time. I know one was in here yesterday for a long time. They probably have a general idea of what is missing in her content. If we had to boil it down it would probably be fixing three major things.

1. Fix inconsistencies in dialogues that don't reflect your romance choice
2. Kaer Morhen interaction
3. Skellige Boat/Final Battle interaction

Wouldn't these be the biggest issues?

Yes. Only thing I feel like adding to that is The Rose of Remembrance. I know it's getting annoying because I keep going on about it. Sorry.

It's a fact that our thread has grown large, but if we slow don't now and become too lay back we are going to be left in the dust. We are not the only ones asking the dev for fixes and they have to balance that across the board. Resource allocation basically.

The guy who is late or slow to the party get no cake.

True, we can sure use more of her lovely face for motivation.

I think it's very rude that no one offered her a seat. Looks like Chivalry is dead after all.

She's probably thinking about Geralt's kiss with Yen though. xD

Yes. Only thing I feel like adding to that is The Rose of Remembrance. I know it's getting annoying because I keep going on about it. Sorry.

They could be added to the Kaer Morhen or Skellige scene. Maybe have an option to give her the Rose back on the boat in Skellige. That would actually giver her some dialogue there other than "Well?"

I agree, I believe they miscalculated the reaction that people would have to them relegating Triss to card board status with the introduction of Yen. They were so focus n introducing Yen that they lost objectiveness and spend a lot more time fleshing out that character and ignoring one of the most important character in their game.

They promoted Triss and made her the face of the Witcher games along with Geralt then in the third and final game they did everything but delete her completely from the game. I don't know how that happened.

They should have spend just as much time developing her character in this game. The lack of attention to her character and part in the story is so obvious that it looks like she was added after the fact.

I also believe that if they just gave us the chance to hand her back the rose, reassure her about the kiss or have a quick reunion scene at Kaer Morhen, then it would of made her look like a valid romance option instead of what we have now, in that the scenes with her are incredible (and i rarely see things in games like that done so well), but apart from that and in the third act, well it is just hard to believe this is the same company that had all this focus on her in the first two games.....the Witcher is story and character driven so to have a major character like Triss and her content feel rushed is not right, needed more time spent on developing her character (and the same can be said for other characters as well).

Last edited:
Yes exactly, that scene you described would fit perfectly to the worried look she has when standing on the cliffs if it happened before at the tent, and of course would at least remind the player that Geralt and Triss do have that relationship that Geralt uses as motivation.

It seems so easy to fix. Yet for some reason it feels so difficult. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels that way. I had no motivation going into that battle to be honest. I'm sure if Geralt could die there for not having a romance option, that he would've died even on the event of romancing Triss (Another inconsistency). xD

It seems so easy to fix. Yet for some reason it feels so difficult. I don't know how to describe it, but it feels that way. I had no motivation going into that battle to be honest. I'm sure if Geralt could die there for not having a romance option, that he would've died even on the event of romancing Triss (Another inconsistency). xD

Seems easy but since it didn't happen, we now feel like it is a 'difficult task' (and it shouldn't be), my entire motivation in my last playthrough was just about seeing Triss in the empress ending otherwise all that music, the battles and the fireballs wasn't as epic as it should of been .....although that could be an argument for why the entire third act needs more expanding on.

I'm not sure how they didn't notice that. I mean over 1300 of us came here traumatized after finishing the game complaining about it.
That's what they get for letting Conan do the game-testing for them. xD

I know this sounds cheesy....but i love almost every scene with Geralt and Triss.

I also believe that if they just gave us the chance to hand her back the rose, reassure her about the kiss or have a quick reunion scene at Kaer Morhen, then it would of made her look like a valid romance option instead of what we have now, in that the scenes with her are incredible (and i rarely see things in games like that done so well), but apart from that and in the third act, well it is just hard to believe this is the same company that had all this focus on her in the first two games.....the Witcher is story and character driven so to have a major character like Triss and her content feel rushed is not right, needed more time spent on developing her character (and the same can be said for other characters as well).

After finding the rose in the in the wilted state I said to myself well thats expected afterall they broke up Not my choice to break up but I planned to get her back so. I automatically came to the conclusion that after we get back together it would bloom and I could hand it back to her. I play the game with that hope in mind but in the end it was EPIC DISASTER. After that every sound track in the game felt depressing and sad.

I said the same thin in the list i believe and in the previous thread. There is no way Geralt is going into battle and Triss only say "Good Luck" it felt like the movie Taken. I was pissed. She would be worry sick about his safety and the battle, if anything she probably try to convince him for her to come along and at his side as he battle Eriden.

Attachments

• Feeling.jpg
    Feeling.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 33
Exactly. I was really disappointed with it too but, overall, The Witcher 3 is a REALLY good game. That's why I think he said 'small' disappointments in the interview and also why we care so much about it.

Well, our disappointment runs a lot deeper than the roots of that weird creature the Crones sent us to kill. We were traumatized once we came here to complain about it, I'm being serious.

Oh man... I can't wait for the expansions! I think I'm going to read the books again to kill some time...

It's what I've been doing re-reading the books browsing the forums.

For me:
1. Option to give back the Rose of Remembrance, which will bloom at some point (would be pretty cool the see the Rose in the ending slide somewhere)
2. Kaer Morhen in general (why is she not there?, why can't we talk about her to Lambert/Eskel?, why can't we talk about Yen's kiss?, etc.)

3. Telling us the details about our house in Pont Vanis after saving Philippa.
4. A romantic conversation in the tent before the final battle with Eredin.
5. Giving us something to discuss with her on the boat, like Alvin's letter in TW3 (He was like a son to her for god-sake).
6. A second erotic scene and removing the censor from the first one. xD
7. The chance to tell her that we broke up with Yennefer in Act one if we did it in that sequence.

Eh? Maybe I'm interpreting your post incorrectly, but my motivation throughout the game was always Ciri. I'm all for more Triss content, and I agree with everything that has been said in this thread and the old one, but my Geralt didn't go into the final battle thinking, "I must do this for Triss," even though I romanced her. For me, Wild Hunt was all about the familial bond between Geralt and his daughter. The most poignant scene in the game for me was when Ciri approached the White Frost, and I saw flashbacks of us in a snowball fight, tearing Avallac'h's laboratory to shreds, and consoling her after the funeral of her friend.

They could be added to the Kaer Morhen or Skellige scene. Maybe have an option to give her the Rose back on the boat in Skellige. That would actually giver her some dialogue there other than "Well?"

It all makes sense, the only thing that doesn't make sense is Alvin leaving a letter to Geralt in TW3 that we can't discuss with Triss. That could've been a perfect opportunity to start a conversation with her that goes back as far as TW1 events. Or she can simply talk with us about our house in Pont Vanis like she said she would after saving Philippa, it would've gave all of us some great motivation.

At the final battle.....

Triss: Geralt please be careful.....
Geralt: I will Triss and you stay safe
Triss gives a worried smile trying to hide her feelings
Triss: Just try not to get killed.....and come back in one piece

(Geralt provides a curious look)
Geralt: You're worried about me?
(Triss looks embarrassed)
Triss: No..no...it is just.....
(Geralt cuts her off)
Geralt: Don't worry Triss, i'll be fine and i will come back.....to you....
(Triss looks up and passionately hugs Geralt before proceeding to kiss him)
Geralt: Here something to remind you of me
(Geralt hands over the rose to Triss)
Triss: Thank you, it is a beautiful as when you first gave it to me...(Triss smiles)
Geralt: A beautiful rose for a beautiful lady (both then part ways)

In the scene where the camera is looking at Triss on the cliffs, she could hold the rose in one hand with that same worried look on her face....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom