Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to reread the books, at least for right now, because something will breaks in my heart while my eyes are reading how Geralt' & Yen love is lossing its mainness in the game. I'm stupidly crying while I'm writing this. I feel dumb, stupid and silly because all that madness affects me that way at my age.

I know how you feel :'( - I'm over 30 myself...I guess I'm old for this sh*t...

Yen is Love, Yen is Life <3

I wonder when CDPR will grant us the wish of being able to see more of Yen/Triss :(

Nobody disappears (unfortunately for you :D) still here safe and sound :D

Indeed Shani was a BIG problem for people who romanced her, and they didn't respect player choiches for that matter!
If i were a Shani fan i would have been pissed! If they open a thread about her they are right! To each their own.

And..... Shani will be important in the next expansion so maybe CDProject want to fix the issue somehow?

But I don't remember any massive molesful noise about Shani like we have now for example. The most of people were just "okay, maybe it was an idea by the developers to show that only the sorceresses are important for Geralt". Some people were naturally disappointed but it was no whining about the freedom of choice, RPG, "there-are-no-books" or another wordswasting stuff. Nobody tried to show that devs know nothing.

And now when we have 2 "new" heroes with real and huge background some people got mad cause their goddess is not on the same position with those two. Who knows? Maybe it was "an idea" too?

God bless Shani fans. Seriously.
I hope for something really cool with her in upcomming "Hearts Of Stone". They've deserved it.

I hope Triss fans won't be mad - but I have to post their new suggestions here:
TRISS INCONSISTENCIES

Areas we like to see improve base on the previous thread. I added a little detail based on recent inputs from the current thread.

Suggested fixes requires very minimum and in most cases no new scenes, just minor tweaks to existing visuals and dialogue.

1. ROSE OF REMEMBRANCE: Be able to give it back to Triss at some point preferably before final battle.

2. NOVAGRAD: Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her). If the player choose to complete skellege first

-Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

-Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss should be present there if she's our love-interest).

3. KAER MORHEN: Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we are missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Ciri). Have some interaction with the characters at kaer morhen and have Triss talk to Geralt about kiss-or Geralt reassure Triss after the Yen kiss (scene tweak - instead of saying good to see you, he should walk up to her kiss/hug her if romanced).

-Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after (Yes, we wanted to kiss her after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, we wanted to do in front of Yen).

-Ciri and Triss need some dialogue at Kaer Morhen or on boat they don't speak to each other except for the hug at Kaer Morhen.

-During the Witcher drinking session with Lambert and Eskel if Geralt romance Triss, dialogue option should allow him to discuss it with his fellow Witchers. (No changes to scene just dialogue tweak/addition and Triss presense).

-It would be nice for Vesemir to acknowledge their relationship before he falls in battle if Geralt romance Triss.

-And for the love of Witcher consistency please have Triss be at Kaer Morhen when Geralt invite her and not show up later after Geralt brings Ciri and then credit Yen for it.

-Vesemir funeral scene can be tweaked to have Geralt's love interest comfort him a little like he comforted Ciri. Nothing major and does not require major scene changes just minor tweaks and dialogue. (Very significant because of Geralt and Vesemir relation like father and son)

-Lastly, may be too much but, Geralt and Triss can have a meaningful scene at kaer morhen. Does not have to be another romantic scene, can be discussion about future plans at the table with the other witchers (Minor scene tweak)

4. ISLE OF MIST: During the Isle of Mist when Geralt and Ciri are having their little conversation about her journey through world's, have Ciri ask him about what's been happening with him. Perfect time to talk about Geralt and Triss relationship and his decision to be with her if Geralt romance Triss. (No scene change just more dialogue).

5. BOAT/FINAL BATTLE PREPARATIONS/FINAL BATTLE: Have some dialog about Kovir and their future plans on the boat, it is the perfect place for Triss and Geralt to hash out those details she promised they'll discuss later (Dialogue mostly)

-A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

-A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (If Geralt romance her). "Good luck" from Triss to Geralt before the final battle does not adequately portray a lovers concern for the severity and dangers of the coming battle. Maybe a scene in the tent like the one Yen had?

-A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make her for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there).

-Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).

-Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower or play a significant part in it)

6. WORLD ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PLAYER CHOICE: NPC acknowledges player choices and romantic interest or have the dialogue option to correct/inform them.

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, again we reached (Equality).

What do you think guys? Is that solid to demand this? The way I see that I understand Triss fans about this - but this is too much I guess...

Yennefer wasn't in the previous games how we can reach any equality with that...

I support any new dialog option and interesting tweaks...but not removing existing content...that would be horrible!

EDIT: Please I don't wanna start the Triss vs. Yen here I just wanna know about your opinions about these suggestions - if they are possible or not...etc.

Last edited:

What do you think guys? Is that solid to demand this? The way I see that I understand Triss fans about this - but this is too much I guess...

Yennefer wasn't in the previous games how we can reach any equality with that...

I support any new dialog option and interesting tweaks...but not removing existing content...that would be horrible!

EDIT: Please I don't wanna start the Triss vs. Yen here I just wanna know about your opinions about these suggestions - if they are possible or not...etc.

Yeah I think it's too much.And I disagree with point 6.Yen should be riding with Geralt to the Tower.I think some people don't understant that Yen is there because she's Ciri's mother,not because she's Geralt's lover.

I think some people don't understant that Yen is there because she's Ciri's mother,not because she's Geralt's lover.
I have to agree with you here, and I also dislike the idea of Triss being presented as a mother figure to Ciri. I'm all for more scenes between Geralt and Triss, but I also believe none of the content presented in the game should be cut out, and that replacing Yen with Triss in some Ciri related situations would be a bad choice.

I have to agree with you here, and I also dislike the idea of Triss being presented as a mother figure to Ciri. I'm all for more scenes between Geralt and Triss, but I also believe none of the content presented in the game should be cut out, and that replacing Yen with Triss in some Ciri related situations would be a bad choice.

thumps up

I think most of the suggestions are pretty reasonable, but just too much. We should be happy if they even add 1/10 of that what the user proposes.

Though some of them are a big no- go, as they either change/weaken the plot for no other reason than "because romance" or ignore the special relationship between Yen and Ciri
This two in particular shouldn't be added under any circumstances:
-Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss should be present there if she's our love-interest).
-Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower or play a significant part in it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom