Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense. There's no point of excluding Yen, or twisting the entire story. The main plot is very good, no need to discuss it.

It's simple, it's something one can understand, and the devs did understand that : "Can my choices be seen on screen ? Are they important ?".
if you choose Triss whatever your reasons (what I tried to do from a save in Novigrad), you're disappointed, Triss remains absent.

Man, when Yenn kissed Geralt in front of Triss I was so mad. It made no sense whatsoever.

It makes sense. There's no point of excluding Yen, or twisting the entire story. The main plot is very good, no need to discuss it.

It's simple, it's something one can understand, and the devs did understand that : "Can my choices be seen on screen ? Are they important ?".

If you choose Yen (what I did in my 1st entire playthrough) : it's fine and you care more and more for her even if you had a bad 1st impression on her.
But if you choose Triss whatever your reasons (what I tried to do from a save in Novigrad), you're disappointed, Triss remains absent. And Yen is very mad at Geralt which is not a real surprise ;)

OMG somebody actually understood the idea behind the suggestions. WOW I and breaking out the wine. Lets party.

You're point is valid, yes. When it comes to romance in-general. None of them will have an impact on the main-story line. I can assure you that much, because on the event of not romancing either Yennefer or Triss, Yennefer will still be there most of the time and doing those decisions by default.

All I was trying to say was, Triss could take on the role of helping Geralt instead of Yennefer in some of those events where you romanced Triss.

I wasn't suggesting to remove Yennefer. I was simply saying that it would be more logical if my choice of romance was the one doing more appearance in some of the situations that doesn't effect the main-plot. Both sorceresses can open portals, teleport and ride horses. I don't see why one of them is less valid than the other.

O.K. now I've learned to read, this makes good sense in principle but what missions would you suggest?

Yep that passionate kiss and zero difference in response was completely infuriating and non sensical imo.

Exactly, for me that was kind of the last straw - I couldn't see my decision to choose Triss in any way throughout the game (at all), and that kiss after ditching Yenn and saying you love Triss already just immediately showed me that the devs obviously added the relationship with Triss as a quick and messy afterthought.

Yep that passionate kiss and zero difference in response was completely infuriating and non sensical imo.

Absolutely agree! Geralt almost didn't react as a man in love, just a witcher who likes to be kissed... How frustating for Yen (if you romance her) I understand why Triss in uncomfortable with this.... Imagine it's SHE who kisses him and he reacts at the same way.... :scold:

Absolutely agree! Geralt almost didn't react as a man in love, just a witcher who likes to be kissed... How frustating for Yen (if you romance her) I understand why Triss in uncomfortable with this.... Imagine it's SHE who kisses him and he reacts at the same way.... :scold:

However, I'd keep that scene in but provide it with more context with a follow up conversation between Triss and Yen or Geralt and Yen. It should also be improved for people who romance Yen so Geralt shows some reaction.

It would need a significant re-write of the entire plot and fail to take advantage of the love triangle, something the game already fails to do beyond Yen's hissy fit at Kaer Morhen. Total ring fencing of the two women would be ill advised in my personal opinion.

The scenes I suggested replacing depending on your romance choice are three - in two of them Yennefer doesn't say anything.

First - Kaer Morhen: She's simply running toward Geralt without saying anything (The embrace part) that one must be replaced in the events of romancing Triss, I don't really see why Geralt would embrace Yennefer if he's romancing Triss (We already explained this extensively in previous posts) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Second - Skellige: After the battle with Eredin, Yennefer jumps in to rescue Geralt by using a portal and she pulls out in-time (She doesn't talk in this one either) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Third - Skellige: Riding to the Tower trying to rescue Ciri after Avallac'h took her (Yennefer talks in this one) she doesn't say anything that could effect the main-plot though. Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Two of them can simply be handed by replacing the character model of who's doing the rescue or running toward Geralt depending on his romance choice.

Because I still think the one at Kaer Morhen needs replacing depending on your romance choice, there is a few logical reasons that can support my claims which we all witnessed during the battle.

EDIT reason: Update.

Last edited:
So years of sharing sorrows andhappy momkents must be forgotten and avoid any sort of affection acts? Don't you never embrace your exs in front your boy/girlfriends?

Exactly, for me that was kind of the last straw - I couldn't see my decision to choose Triss in any way throughout the game (at all), and that kiss after ditching Yenn and saying you love Triss already just immediately showed me that the devs obviously added the relationship with Triss as a quick and messy afterthought.

The whole of Kaer Morhen where there's no triss not ability to reflect Triss choice(where on the opposite path there's tonnes of Yen romance content), driven home by passionate kiss from Yen despite my choice, followed by Skellige Act 3 absence of any content, really fails to transmit the feeling of having Triss choice reflected in the game imo.
I'm happy they've admitted there's an inconsistency here & we just have to hope the changes transmit the sense of Triss choice in the game to match the experience of the other path.

---------- Updated at 11:38 AM ----------

You do, huge YES, but you definitely dont stick your tongue down their face. If my ex did that in front of my wife we both be dead as in DRT- dead right there.

LOL, exactly how i see it.

You do, huge YES, but you definitely dont stick your tongue down their face. If my ex did that in front of my wife we both be dead as in DRT- dead right there.

Tongue?... *sigh* Even if you are celebrating one of your children has been saved from be killed? Selfcontrol in the Witcher's world situation ....

It actually made a lot of sense. Yennefer was so happy that Ciri is alive and well she frogot to control herself. Why is it so difficult to understand?
Tongue?... *sigh* Even if you are celebrating one of your children has been saved from be killed? Selfcontrol in the Witcher's world situation ....

The problem is, after that, there is no scene like this:
Geralt reassure Triss after the Yen kiss (scene tweak - instead of saying good to see you, he should walk up to her kiss/hug her if romanced).

The best we can get in-game right now:
Geralt: i know that look, what happen
Triss: we should go
:facepalm:

Last edited:
The scenes I suggested replacing depending on your romance choice are three - in two of them Yennefer doesn't say anything.

First - Kaer Morhen: She's simply running toward Geralt without saying anything (The embrace part) that one must be replaced in the events of romancing Triss, I don't really see why Geralt would embrace Yennefer if he's romancing Triss (We already explained this extensively in previous posts) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Second - Skellige: After the battle with Eredin, Yennefer jumps in to rescue Geralt by using a portal and she pulls out in-time (She doesn't talk in this one either) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Third - Skellige: Riding to the Tower trying to rescue Ciri after Avallac'h took her (Yennefer talks in this one) she doesn't say anything that could effect the main-plot though. Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Two of them can simply be handed by replacing the character model of who's doing the rescue or running toward Geralt depending on his romance choice.

Because I still think the one at Kaer Morhen needs replacing depending on your romance choice, there is more logical reasons that can support my claims which we all witnessed during the battle.

I agree with the first two, but not the third because it's framed in a context of her parents rushing to her aid. That context then breaks down if you involved Triss. However, like I said with the Sunstone would work better because as the game stands now, Phillipa really has no bearing on the main plot in this game, she's only really relevant to the removal of Radovid.

Last edited:
I don't, because where I come from, that's considered inappropriate. xD

In mine, it's a sign of matureness, knowing how learn to accept that there was a past in your loved ones and the difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. And among friends demonstrate the absolute confidence to the friend and lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom