Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the majority of people here have the same opinion.

I don't want to be negative. Really, I don't.

It's just, I'm afraid that certain points of the list cannot be treated. And it will piss some people off.
And it makes me sad for CD Projekt because they really care, they really listen to us. If all of this great story has to end up in another shitstorm, it would be a damn shame.

Believe me,i share your concerns.
But there was people pissed off even for the fact that we will receive small fixes/additions.It's impossible to make everyone happy.

Damn, hope I like it anyway.
Though I'll probably stop 20 minutes in after the crappy dialogue.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, far from it, just that gaming has come a long way in eight years so it might be a culture shock at fist after playing the latest installment. Just remember the story is what's important, not the graphics, game play or audio. It's a good game in relation to the time it was released. I'm replaying The Witcher 2 at the moment and even that took a bit of getting used to :)

I hope the majority of people here have the same opinion.

I don't want to be negative. Really, I don't.

It's just, I'm afraid that certain points of the list cannot be treated. And it will piss some people off.
And it makes me sad for CD Projekt because they really care, they really listen to us. If all of this great story has to end up in another shitstorm, it would be a damn shame.

It's almost certain that some points of the list are not going to be fixed:
@REDDorigen:
"From what I've read so far though, from technical/production standpoint - some things could be done, some are too big. All of them would require resources though, and I can't promise we'll get them (simply, because it's not my decision)."
And it was only after the 400 pages of the first thread....

I don't mind, as long as they deal with the Well Curse and the few very annoying things I would be happy because I think we are going to have Triss content in the blood and wine expansion anyway :)

More Triss in thread.

It's very good, so they are still working on fixes.

We would have ultimately been disappointed if CDPR had went with a 'quick/easy' fix...longer is better...

EDIT: wow...just left that hanging out there like a participle eh?

The Patch notes are out. No Triss fixes so far it seems : (

That's great news. If they had already addressed the problem, you'd be looking at a few superficial changes to the dialogue at best, e.g. instead of Triss saying "Well,?" she would now say, "Well, yes?"

They can take until next summer as far as I am concerned. No rush on my end.

More hugging!

You know, my mind just goes to a really perverted place...I think of all kinds of weird dialog when I watch that.

"Ciri hey, little sis..wait, what is that pokin...whoa, hun, your blouse is wide open and...I gotta say, Geralt may have two swords but WOW...ummm, yeah...maybe Yen needs some help..."

It's almost certain that some points of the list are not going to be fixed:
@REDDorigen:
"From what I've read so far though, from technical/production standpoint - some things could be done, some are too big. All of them would require resources though, and I can't promise we'll get them (simply, because it's not my decision)."
And it was only after the 400 pages of the first thread....

I don't mind, as long as they deal with the Well Curse and the few very annoying things I would be happy because I think we are going to have Triss content in the blood and wine expansion anyway :)

Yeah all fans can do is give their opinion on the things that bother them and what might make things better.
It's up to the devs to decide what's possible and what they think is desirable.

---------- Updated at 03:14 PM ----------

Last edited:
This seems to be the only Triss related issue in this patch:

• Fixes an issue where in certain situations the player was unable to find Triss during the Final Preparations quest.

Everyone is getting all worked up over nothing. No one expects the dev to tackle all our concerns on the list but, that doesn't me our list should be limited to only two points for fear of pissing someone off. If they dev were upset about us for pointing out issues they would have said it in the first forum or in this forum. Instead they drop in read what we say and drop out.

The list is there for all the issues to be out in the open. The dev has the final say on what they are going to address. Nothing in the list is so unreasonable that the it's going to piss someone off to the point where they decide not to address anything. No one asking for a complete rewrite. CDPR ultimately has the last word on what they are going to do. If it's such a big deal we can take down the list and go back to beating the same dead horse.

The reason we have so much following and support is because people expects us to voice all the issues we see and ultimately let the dev decide. If we choose to pick and choose and restrict ourself too much, it be like shooting ourselves in the foot. We are slowly going to lose people support because they will start to feel like their concerns are not being adequately presented.

What's the point of complaining if we plan on half assing that too. I'm sorry, but the idea was to put everything on the table and let CDPR decide what to fix and what to ignore right? Giving suggestions and brief explanations hardly constitute an unreasonable request. IMO.

Was the forum down for anyone else just now?

---------- Updated at 05:34 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 05:35 PM ----------

@DaWitcher
Agree or disagree there is a point at which someone will ask the question: will nothing make them happy?

I see your point, it was what we were saying in the other place, "ask for it and don't worry if its possible...let the REDs figure that out!" So part of me says we should do the same here BUT...the difference is, they did answer us. They did agree with us. AND, they said they would work on it! That my friends is WIN!

Is there anything in that list that wasn't on the other thread? If it was over there(IS still over there) then that has been asked for...

If there is something that has come up since then, I say compile it and hammer away on it...but to just repeat things we ask for in the other thread. It feels 'off' to me. Like it could be off-putting to a RED who reads this...

AND PLEASE, ANY DEV...I BEG YOU TO CORRECT ME!!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!! :)

Other wise i have said my last peace on the issue of this...old business is old, we should focus on new issues. I will debate and cuss and fuss with everyone else but, just wanted to express myself...

Last edited:
“The expansion packs will be whole new storylines with all the elements you’ve got in the main story (like cutscenes, new characters, new items, new Gwent cards) and many, many more. They will be quite long. The first expansion will be around 10 hours and the second expansion will be around 20 hours… and I think it’s possible that they will be bigger, because it’s always like this (that when we plan some time or hours, it’s twice or something like this), but I’m not promising anything right now.”

“And even now, if you sum up this 10 to 20 hours and you compare it to The Witcher 2, it’s almost the size of The Witcher 2. And it will be cool, it will be new stories, it will be very emotional stories and I think that people will be happy.”
- Konrad Tomaszkiewicz,
Game director of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07...-to-be-almost-the-same-size-as-the-witcher-2/

Did you look at the number if bug fixes in 1.07 patch ? woah
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3s-major-update-adds-new-movement-opti/1100-6428793/
CDPR sure live up to their words and always consider the fan feedback. Thank you for all the Hardwork and support post game launch REDs !! Hats off !!

All my eyes are on Toussaint expansion pack now. In the 20 Hours gameplay, featuring all the new characters, gwent cards and story, I hope we get an hour or two of Tryst with Triss ;)
2016 Q1 is quite faraway though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom