Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, no need for the lengthy defense. My post wasn't meant to be polemical. I'm on the side of you guys, and am eagerly awaiting the Triss fixes/additions. I just kept coming across references to the Rose of Remembrance, and didn't know what all the fuss was about. At any rate, I think the list is reasonable. We'll see what CDPR does with it.

I know which side you're on. You were one of the supporters in the old thread long before I even joined it. That's why I was trying to explain the situation from my point of view about the Rose (I had to mix both responses due to a double post) so you got a part of a response that was meant to someone else, my apologize.

the sensible amongst us only want the Triss romance to achieve parity with the Yen romance. You also have to take in to account that within the context of the Trilogy, Triss is the second most important character behind Geralt. She's the only other one to be in all three games and by and large has figured as the protagonist's main love interest so for her to suddenly be pushed to one side by a character many of us have no prior association with beyond some art slides in the previous games, has only made matters worse.

Exactly. Thank you.

Can't even speak the truth anymore without someone screaming bloody murder. I lend my support to the previous thread and this thread but all along the way people's been having doubts because they know there is some validity to what we say.

No one is criticizing anyone decision. You know what you are right this is nonsense. You won't hear another word from me. Good luck in all your future endeavors Team Triss.

I rest my case, Da Witcher out

Cool down DaWitcher, i always like to read your post, but you said Yen is ingame for fan service is too much. Also, as i remember, dev said no new content, that doesn't mean no new cutscene. Hope you will return soon ;)

Cool down DaWitcher, i always like to read your post, but you said Yen is ingame for fan service is too much. Also, as i remember, dev said no new content, that doesn't mean no new cutscene. Hope you will return soon ;)

Yeah Yen is important to the storyline (so is Ciri and her relationship to Geralt) but in terms of romance, we are trying to get 'equality' or 'parity' to at least make the choice of Triss a valid one (and that is done by fixing the inconsistenices), both characters are awesome and i know CDPR will do good in making the best immersive experience for the players (including us Triss fans). No new content like you said doesn't exactly mean no more cutscenes and we are sure the changes will mostly (if not all) be involved in the dialogue.....still leaves room for content in the expansions however (if not in the main game)......

It make sense, In the end Geralt is given the choice to pick Triss or Yen. I really doubt Triss wants to see Geralt with Yen together after developing feeling for him and having him to herself for a short while. She has alway loved him from the side line and when she had hin and lost him i thin it was too much. Went they seperated Triss probably thought she's lost him for good and Geralt left without having a clear idea what he's going to do once he find Yen.

In the Game the player is free to decide after your first meeting with Yen about who you are going to pursue. The problem is if you pick Triss, she is pretty much ignore for the better half of the game. She does however, have excellent content, that is very romantic. She has IMO the best romantic scenes in the game. After that tho she is literally like a card board cutout after Kaer Morhen.

Never hash out details about Kovir plans or any plan for that matter. No one acknowledge Geralt choice to be with Triss and on and on, read the list in OP. Well you played the game so you know the rest.

I agree that there is an issue once you have chosen Triss but I don't believe that the entire game needs an overhaul to shoehorn Triss in at every turn. Some things should be left open to player interpretation and it adds a bit of subtlety to the relationship. I just disagree that we need a full explanation as to why Triss isn't with Geralt at the start. This is something we can draw our own conclusions from and by the conversation with Triss when you meet her in Novigrad it seems clear that she would not be able to handle watching Geralt and Yen reunite. Sure the player, may be dead set on Triss but Geralt is his own character.

Triss and Geralt do talk about Kovir. You get two conversations about it. Do we really need a full blown step by step Kovir planner? Or a contrived 'Rose of Remembrance' quest? Does it matter if some silly elven legend is proven true? I barely believe the Djinn spell crap. I can only speak for myself and the Geralt I was playing when I say that he doesn't need magic to prove his love for someone.

I agree that there is an issue once you have chosen Triss but I don't believe that the entire game needs an overhaul to shoehorn Triss in at every turn. Some things should be left open to player interpretation and it adds a bit of subtlety to the relationship. I just disagree that we need a full explanation as to why Triss isn't with Geralt at the start. This is something we can draw our own conclusions from and by the conversation with Triss when you meet her in Novigrad it seems clear that she would not be able to handle watching Geralt and Yen reunite. Sure the player, may be dead set on Triss but Geralt is his own character.

Triss and Geralt do talk about Kovir. You get two conversations about it. Do we really need a full blown step by step Kovir planner? Or a contrived 'Rose of Remembrance' quest? Does it matter if some silly elven legend is proven true? I barely believe the Djinn spell crap. I can only speak for myself and the Geralt I was playing when I say that he doesn't need magic to prove his love for someone.

I just disagree that we need a full explanation as to why Triss isn't with Geralt at the start: most of the Triss fan have figure this one out already, and in the quote DaWitcher agree about this

Triss and Geralt do talk about Kovir. You get two conversations about it. Do we really need a full blown step by step Kovir planner? Or a contrived 'Rose of Remembrance' quest? Does it matter if some silly elven legend is proven true? I barely believe the Djinn spell crap: It is the suggestion; and Kovir plann, 'Rose of Remembrance' can be a conversation in the boat or before the battle

I didn't feel "depressed and disappointed" at the end of the game. Like I said before, the emotional well-being of my Geralt are not dependent upon the condition of a piece of shrubbery. Would I like to see more Triss added to the game? Sure, you bet, but the game was not ruined for me simply because her character arc fizzles in places. Wild Hunt isn't about Yennefer or Triss, it's about Geralt reclaiming his relationship with his daughter and Ciri developing into her own person.

Also, it's pretty hard to feel depressed when Geralt ends up spending the rest of his life with a hot red head in Kovir, eating her baked goods, throwing parties, and living off her copious amounts of wealth. Well, at least that's how it ended for me.

Amen!

My Geralt just gave the okay for getting a Djinn spell released based on the theme of not needing magic to keep your love together. Now he should trek either back to the site of the first rose, suddenly go looking for one nearby (which would be contrived and silly), or trying to revive the dead rose in some vain attempt to have a magical item represent his feelings for Triss? :blink:

No thanks. My Geralt is too busying trying to save his daughter's life. I'm all for more Triss content too and I can't wait to see how CDPR will implement it. But if its cat fights with Yen, hunting down lame flowers, and talking about Kovir for the third time then no thanks. I'd rather romance Yen or nobody at all.

---------- Updated at 04:14 AM ----------

I just disagree that we need a full explanation as to why Triss isn't with Geralt at the start: most of the Triss fan have figure this one out already, and in the quote DaWitcher agree about this

Triss and Geralt do talk about Kovir. You get two conversations about it. Do we really need a full blown step by step Kovir planner? Or a contrived 'Rose of Remembrance' quest? Does it matter if some silly elven legend is proven true? I barely believe the Djinn spell crap: It is the suggestion; and Kovir plann, 'Rose of Remembrance' can be a conversation in the boat or before the battle

I know, and I wasn't arguing the beginning scene with Da Witcher. Just stating that I disagree with those who mentioned wanting an explanation about the six months.

I wouldn't mind talking about the rose or handling it to her before the battle. However, I have read other suggestions for actually hunting down another one or having the dead one bloom again. I just don't think any of that is needed.

I have seen the future already

As soon as the fix come out, we will divide into two teams. One is satisfies, one is not, some are neutral but when the war begin, they are forced to take side. Any deserter will face the "ignore" punishment. The red-hair soccessses try to calm both team, her effort is in vain, eventhough they all love her but the the disagreement is too strong. Feeling depress, she go into hiding and nobody ever see her again.

We never know how the war end, the one most believable tale is: in the sky of the battlefield there always one thing look like a dragon or ... a bird ? we not sure, so i will call it/he/she Dragonbird. She usually fly peacefully atop the battle, sometime take one people away, solider doesn't mind much cause they have enemys to worry for. Then one day, the Dragonbird descend and turn the battlefield to the river of fire, both side take heavy casualty. A peace treaty soon sign afterward.

Still the war has left many sorrow, regret and affect to this day, many people remember like it happen yesterday: "Triss Merigold civil war"

Good morning, everyone!

Yeah Yen is important to the storyline (so is Ciri and her relationship to Geralt) but in terms of romance, we are trying to get 'equality' or 'parity' to at least make the choice of Triss a valid one (and that is done by fixing the inconsistenices), both characters are awesome and i know CDPR will do good in making the best immersive experience for the players (including us Triss fans). No new content like you said doesn't exactly mean no more cutscenes and we are sure the changes will mostly (if not all) be involved in the dialogue.....still leaves room for content in the expansions however (if not in the main game)......

You just took what i had in my head and put on here im glad cause I didn't know how to put it. But i totally agree with you.

We never know how the war end, the one most believable tale is: in the sky of the battlefield there always one thing look like a dragon or ... a bird ? we not sure, so i will call it/he/she Dragonbird. She usually fly peacefully atop the battle, sometime take one people away, solider doesn't mind much cause they have enemys to worry for. Then one day, the Dragonbird descend and turn the battlefield to the river of fire, both side take heavy casualty.

Right now, you are showing a stong ability to foresee the future. So I really, really hope that the aggression on the last few pages has ended.

Definitely. All we ever asked for is to have those extra conversation with Triss as we do with Yennefer (In the events of romancing either one of them) having both of them interacting with you depending on whether if you romanced either one them or not would be perfect. Equality and validation for Triss as a romance option, It's really all we ever asked for. Wherever you can start a conversation with Yenenfer, we should be able to start a conversation in that area with Triss (Since she's out love-interest).

---------- Updated at 07:50 AM ----------
The inconsistencies as I see them.

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance blooming or in a living condition).

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her during Pyres of Novigrad).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Uma/Ciri).

4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after bringing Ciri back to Kaer Morhen (Yes, I wanted to kiss Triss after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do so in front of Yen, a kiss on Triss's forehead while saying I missed you would do).

5. No interaction with Triss upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option 3 is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, have a meaningful romantic conversation before the battle, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle for Kaer Morhen. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that) This is optional of course, in the events of romancing Yennefer, she should be the one running toward Geralt to embrace him after the battle.

7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest) This is optional and it depends on your choice of romance.

8. Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make up for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there with the rest of the family).

10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?" sending her with Geralt instead of Philippa to the Elvin Ruins during the Sunstone quest could work).

11. A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (It's only fair since Yennefer gets one).

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower) This is optional and it depends on your choice of romance.

13. Adding a second love/erotic scene to Triss's romance that suits whichever situation, place or moment you see fit.

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, we finally reached (Equality).

Explaining some of the suggestions.

The scenes I suggested replacing depending on your romance choice are three - in two of them Yennefer doesn't say anything.

6. Kaer Morhen: After the battle for Kaer Morhen, she's simply running toward Geralt without saying anything (The embrace part) that one must be replaced in the events of romancing Triss, I don't really see why Geralt would embrace Yennefer if he's romancing Triss (Yennefer fainted on top of Kaer Morhen trying to hold the shield during the battle against The Wild Hunt. While Triss was down there, pretty much next to Geralt. The battle ended, Geralt broke out of the ice that encased him. Suddenly Yennefer is down there and they're running toward one another to embrace near Vesemir's body and next to Ciri) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

11. Skellige: After the battle with Eredin, Yennefer jumps in to rescue Geralt by using a portal and she pulls out in-time (She doesn't talk in this one either) Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

11. Skellige: Riding to the Tower trying to rescue Ciri after Avallac'h took her (Yennefer talks in this one) she doesn't say anything that could effect the main-plot though. Optional, depends on your choice of romance.

Two of them can simply be handed by replacing the character model of who's doing the rescue or running toward Geralt depending on his romance choice.

Because I still think the one at Kaer Morhen needs replacing depending on your romance choice, there is a few logical reasons that can support my claims which we all witnessed during the battle.

EDIT reason: Update.

nice... i like this.... i like it a lot

nice... i like this.... i like it a lot

I do too Jamesjford77, i think it would only be fair. Even if you decide to do two play throughs, like one with Yenn and one with Triss. The Triss play through would make much better sense. Because you would have a better relationship with Triss and not how they have it in the first place when you pick Triss. I think it would satisfy Triss Fans.

Very well put Pryce68!!

I do too Jamesjford77, i think it would only be fair. Even if you decide to do two play throughs, like one with Yenn and one with Triss. The Triss play through would make much better sense. Because you would have a better relationship with Triss and not how they have it in the first place when you pick Triss. I think it would satisfy Triss Fans.

Very well put Pryce68!!

yup... triss been going through a lot after tw2 events... she lost almost everything after foltest murder and geralt leaving her between tw2 & tw3 left her with nothing, if anything, she deserves a break

Yeah i see what you mean and i agree, the issues with the Triss content are more prevalent after Act one, having some things left up to interpretation is fine as long as it isn't a constant issue, for example the breakup has been discussed a lot on this thread and sometimes even a codex entry with a sentence explaining why can be enough for some people, other people would take issue with it and expect a better explanation or even the ability to remain with Triss at the start, personally i don't see much issue with how it played out but others might, although i agree with you in that we can fill in some gaps ourselves.

I think in regards to the rose, it would play out similar to giving Triss the earring back, in that the dialogue option would appear (on the boat or at the tent), and then a few lines would happen, i don't think we would get a new rose of remembrance quest (again what the devs said doesn't suggest it unless it is saved for an expansion), these things would add to the immersion of choosing Triss if implemented (emphasis on the if) but like you said Geralt's relationship with Triss isn't based on that rose but it can be considered symbolic of their relationship to the player......still it is up to CDPR to decide on these things, these are suggestions and like you said this game doesn't need an overhaul to include Triss every chance they get, it is more about making that choice validated.

Last edited:
yup... triss been going through a lot after tw2 events... she lost almost everything after foltest murder and geralt leaving her between tw2 & tw3 left her with nothing, if anything, she deserves a break

She's been through a lot in TW2: Assassin of Kings.

1. She lost her position as The Royal Advisor to King Foltest.

2. She lost her home in Vizima, her money and pretty much everything else she had in Temeria.

3. She was on the run and she was considered a fugitive for aiding Geralt of Rivia who was accused of slaying Foltest.

4. She was kidnapped by Letho just to get turned into figurine by Cynthia after, obviously The Lodge was trying to get rid of her at that point too.

5. She was decompressed and tortured after by the Nilfgaardians.

Depend on the player's choice, just stating mine down here.

6. She was rescued by Geralt of Rivia in Loc Muinne

7. She revealed the Lodge's plans during the Summit of Loc Muinne and that made her position even worse.

8. She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers) she told him that she was willing to go to the end of the world to help him find Yennefer.

9. She had to start a new with the war, Witch Hunt and after losing the thing that mattered to her the most (Geralt of Rivia).

10. She went to Novigrad just to be pursed by The Witch Hunters and lost her house in the process.

11. She started rescuing mages and taking them to an underground hideout where she had to look after and provide for them.

12. She went from being rich and living a luxurious life to living in poverty - in the pits of Novigrad and hanging around The Putrid Grove.

13. Breaking up with Geralt left her weak, vulnerable, insecure and she lost everything for someone who left her to purse their own agenda.

People keep wondering why she's so sad and gloomy in TW3. Because this wasn't the first time she was rejected by Geralt, it happened before in the books twice. So, those old feelings of depression, being alone, looking behind your shoulder and having no-one to depend on came back and they were worse than ever, because this time, she had nothing, only thing she had was 30 other people to look after and provide for.

The plot holes and romance inconsistencies in TW3 made her situation more sad and depressing.

Last edited:
She's been through a lot in TW2: Assassin of Kings.

1. She lost her position as The Royal Advisor to King Foltest.
2. She lost her home in Vizima, her money and pretty much everything else she had in Temeria.
3. She was on the run and she was considered a fugitive for aiding Geralt of Rivia who was accused of slaying Foltest.
4. She was kidnapped by Letho just to get turned into figurine by Cynthia after, obviously The Lodge was trying to get rid of her at that point too.
5. She was decompressed and tortured after by the Nilfgaardians.

Depend on the player's choice, just stating mine down here.

6. She was rescued by Geralt of Rivia in Loc Muinne
7. She revealed the Lodge's plans and that made her position even worse.
8. She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers) she told him that she was willing to go with him to the end of the world to find Yennefer.
9. She had to start a new with the war, Witch Hunt and after losing the thing that mattered to her the most (Geralt of Rivia).
10. She went to Novigrad just to be pursed by The Witch Hunters and lost her house in the process.
11. She started rescuing mages and taking them to an underground hide out where she had to look after and provide for them.
12. She went from being rich and living a luxurious life to living into the pits of Novigrad and hanging around Putrid Grove.
13. Breaking up with Geralt left her weak, vulnerable, insecure and she lost everything for someone who left her to purse their own agenda.

The plot holes and romance inconsistencies in TW3 made her situation more sad and depressing.

Man that really is depressing, some changes are definitely needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom