Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's been through a lot in TW2: Assassin of Kings.

[/B]Depend on the player's choice, just stating mine down here.

The plot holes and romance inconsistencies in TW3 made her situation more sad and depressing.

Cry :cry:

Enough depression, more fanart shall we ;)
By fluorescence911, The full picture is NSFW
http://fluorescence911.tumblr.com/post/123763488842/day-6-first-it-was-a-simple-anatomy-study-but

She's been through a lot in TW2: Assassin of Kings.

1. She lost her position as The Royal Advisor to King Foltest.

2. She lost her home in Vizima, her money and pretty much everything else she had in Temeria.

3. She was on the run and she was considered a fugitive for aiding Geralt of Rivia who was accused of slaying Foltest.

4. She was kidnapped by Letho just to get turned into figurine by Cynthia after, obviously The Lodge was trying to get rid of her at that point too.

5. She was decompressed and tortured after by the Nilfgaardians.

Depend on the player's choice, just stating mine down here.

6. She was rescued by Geralt of Rivia in Loc Muinne

7. She revealed the Lodge's plans and that made her position even worse.

8. She departed with Geralt of Rivia (We know the decision wasn't hers) she told him that she was willing to go with him to the end of the world to find Yennefer.

9. She had to start a new with the war, Witch Hunt and after losing the thing that mattered to her the most (Geralt of Rivia).

10. She went to Novigrad just to be pursed by The Witch Hunters and lost her house in the process.

11. She started rescuing mages and taking them to an underground hide out where she had to look after and provide for them.

12. She went from being rich and living a luxurious life to living into the pits of Novigrad and hanging around Putrid Grove.

13. Breaking up with Geralt left her weak, vulnerable, insecure and she lost everything for someone who left her to purse their own agenda.

The plot holes and romance inconsistencies in TW3 made her situation more sad and depressing.

EDIT reason: Update.

And then after all that, we find her living in poverty, trying to get away from the witch hunters....like she said "it's a cruel world we live in, it's hard to make plans, even harder to invest any faith in them".....good thing Kovir is an escape (sort of) from all that!

Meanwhile in Kovir (while we wait for the fixes)

Triss: Damn, how many drowners are there, Geralt i thought you were supposed to take care of them
Geralt: Sorry, been too busy planting roots

"Planting roots" Rawr. xD

---------- Updated at 06:16 AM ----------

Cry :cry:

Enough depression, more fanart shall we ;)
By fluorescence911, The full picture is NSFW
http://fluorescence911.tumblr.com/post/123763488842/day-6-first-it-was-a-simple-anatomy-study-but

Supposedly, it gets worse in the future. But CDPR avoided doing that in TW3 (It was going to be a little too much for us to handle).

Not giving any spoilers though. xD

---------- Updated at 06:18 AM ----------

And then after all that, we find her living in poverty, trying to get away from the witch hunters....like she said "it's a cruel world we live in, it's hard to make plans, even harder to invest any faith in them".....good thing Kovir is an escape (sort of) from all that!

What bothers me the most is that even though the life on the road with him wouldn't have been a life for her, but it was going to be better than what was awaiting her.

Geralt really doesn't deserve her and begging her to stay in TW3 was the least he could do.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:
"Planting roots" Rawr. xD

I had to add it lol.....see even Triss is smiling...

---------- Updated at 06:25 AM ----------

What bothers me the most is that even though the life on the road with him wouldn't have been a life for her, but it was going to be better than what was awaiting her.

Geralt really doesn't deserve her and begging her to stay in TW3 was the least he could do

Agreed, i always considered Geralt to be very lucky to have people like Triss and Yen in his life (also Ciri of course), and that scene at the docks where he was pleading with her to stay with him was executed very well, it was the point where Geralt knew he was about to lose her and this was his turn to confess and commit to her, definitely a great scene, one i could watch over and over again.

Supposedly, it gets worse in the future. But CDPR avoided doing that in TW3 (It was going to be a little too much to us to handle).

Not giving any spoilers though. xD
What do you mean ? Something gonna hapeen in Kovir, my heart can't take much more of it :cry:

I had to add it lol.....see even Triss is smiling...

---------- Updated at 06:25 AM ----------

Agreed, i always considered Geralt to be very lucky to have people like Triss and Yen in his life (also Ciri of course), and that scene at the docks where he was pleading with her to stay with him was executed very well, it was the point where Geralt knew he was about to lose her and this was his turn to confess and commit to her, definitely a great scene, one i could watch over and over again.

I agree, he doesn't deserve either one of them and I also agree with you on the scene, I almost cried at first when I thought that she left, I was a moment away from closing the game, but I figured I should listen to Dijkstra, see what he have to say. I really didn't expect her to come back, but when she did, it meant something. I could watch it over and over, but I'll end up crying at some point. xD

He should've said a long ago...

Off-topic, Geralt is a jerk and nobody likes him.

---------- Updated at 07:17 AM ----------

What do you mean ? Something gonna hapeen in Kovir, my heart can't take much more of it :cry:

You don't want to know Farry! Forget I said anything. T_T

---------- Updated at 07:19 AM ----------

YEs , we are in a hurry ... to the lighthouse

She looks perfect even from behind.

agree, he doesn't deserve either one of them and I also agree with you on the scene, I almost cried at first when I thought that she left, I was a moment away from closing the game, but I figured I should listen to Dijkstra, see what he have to say. I really didn't expect her to come back, but when she did, it meant something. I could watch it over and over, but I'll end up crying at some point. xD

He should've said a long ago...
I almost cried too, İf she didn't return I close the game and never ever play again

---------- Updated at 07:25 AM ----------

She looks perfect even from behind.

I couldn't agree more...

You don't want to know Farry! Forget I said anything. T_T
Not my life fell empty unless you reveal what this secret is :crybaby:

hope you joking :evil:
I almost cried too, İf she didn't return I close the game and never ever play again

The same as me, except i want to press "New game", i think i must do something horribly wrong :(

I agree, he doesn't deserve either one of them and I also agree with you on the scene, I almost cried at first when I thought that she left, I was a moment away from closing the game, but I figured I should listen to Dijkstra, see what he have to say. I really didn't expect her to come back, but when she did, it meant something. I could watch it over and over, but I'll end up crying at some point. xD

He should've said a long ago..

During that scene, i felt sorrow as if i broke up with my own gf. It was so dramatic, glad she came back.

Last edited:
Not my life fell empty unless you reveal what this secret is

I could tell you in a PM, but you'll hate me after.

---------- Updated at 07:46 AM ----------

In that scene, i felt sorrow as if i broke up with my own gf. It was so dramatic, glad she came back.

We all felt the same way, it was definitely one of the best moments in The Witcher games.

---------- Updated at 07:49 AM ----------

One time I said We'll try again and she dind't came back And I did just like you say :Dd New game - waste of 50 hours play but I didN't care İf no more triss ... no more witcher 3

I haven't played the game in a while either, just waiting now. xD

---------- Updated at 07:56 AM ----------

This is probably how we all felt when we couldn't interact with her during Act III in Skellige. xD

https://youtu.be/yEs1gi9Dmqc?t=1m10s

Skip to 1 minute and 10 seconds.

This is probably how we all felt when we couldn't interact with her during Act III in Skellige. xD

https://youtu.be/yEs1gi9Dmqc?t=1m10s

Skip to 1 minute and 10 seconds.

Yeah those feels.....but it goes to show how much people can care about a character, Triss is one of those characters that people have that emotional connection with and have had it long before this game released, so the devs not allowing much interaction for a character like that really feels empty when playing and trying to get through it.

When the battle of Kaer Morhen was over, i was kind of sad i wouldn't see Letho again because i liked his character....Triss is my favourite character (well excluding Geralt, i like them both equally), so when you get to one of the endings and say in the Witcher ending and you don't see her and the last thing you hear is "good luck"....it doesn't go down well, even in the Empress ending, having her say about 2 lines was like "i can't interact with her, why". Of course this is all the build up lead by those amazing scenes with her....i would be lying if i said i didn't want more, if there ever was a Kovir expansion, i would blow my bank account on it.

That I am legend scene kind of sums up certain things in the game - in that you can't interact with characters when you want to, and of course this is a game so resources have to be put elsewhere as well, but characters like Triss, Yen and Ciri are done so well in this game, that when it ends...well for me it left a empty feeling even though i was glad Triss and Geralt had that happy ending. The inconsistencies hurt all the more due to having that connection with Triss and then not being able to get over what feels like a rushed romance arc.

It is great CDPR allow her as a romance option, and it is great CDPR have this way of making us care about certain characters but something like not being able to interact with her (and other characters) in act 3 when you know this is it, almost at the end of a trilogy...well it leaves a lot to be desired. Saying all this however, the devs are working on it and we don't know exactly what awaits us in the expansions so a year from now, we may be extremely happy with how it all turned out or we may not, just a game of wait and see.

Yeah those feels.....but it goes to show how much people can care about a character, Triss is one of those characters that people have that emotional connection with and have had it long before this game released, so the devs not allowing much interaction for a character like that really feels empty when playing and trying to get through it.

Yeah, I know how you feel. I have like 5 saves, each one of them is before one of the romantic conversations with her. My game-play ends after Blindingly Obvious (Before the fountain scene) haven't been able to progress any further since I came here to the forums to discuss the plot holes and inconsistencies, I just repeat through them when I'm bored. She definitely became one of the most attractive and loveable game characters (She even passed any character BioWare has).

When the battle of Kaer Morhen was over, i was kind of sad i wouldn't see Letho again because i liked his character....Triss is my favourite character (well excluding Geralt, i like them both equally), so when you get to one of the endings and say in the Witcher ending and you don't see her and the last thing you hear is "good luck"....it doesn't go down well, even in the Empress ending, having her say about 2 lines was like "i can't interact with her, why". Of course this is all the build up lead by those amazing scenes with her....i would be lying if i said i didn't want more, if there ever was a Kovir expansion, i would blow my bank account on it.

Don't trust Letho. But I would do the same to get Kovir (I'm willing to make a deal with a demon and trade my soul for it) my soul for Kovir.

That I am legend scene kind of sums up certain things in the game - in that you can't interact with characters when you want to, and of course this is a game so resources have to be put elsewhere as well, but characters like Triss, Yen and Ciri are done so well in this game, that when it ends...well for me it left a empty feeling even though i was glad Triss and Geralt had that happy ending. The inconsistencies hurt all the more due to having that connection with Triss and then not being able to get over what feels like a rushed romance arc.

That's something that I always felt that CDPR was a bit short on (Conversations with other characters) obviously they make the best conversations and the most romantic, I couldn't help but remember Mass Effect games and being able to talk with our crew and love-interest after each mission for new conversations and updates. That would've made TW3 perfect, I'm very disappointed that we get to talk to Keira, Roche, Ves and Letho in Kaer Morhen and not to Triss.

It is great CDPR allow her as a romance option, and it is great CDPR have this way of making us care about certain characters but something like not being able to interact with her (and other characters) in act 3 when you know this is it, almost at the end of a trilogy...well it leaves a lot to be desired. Saying all this however, the devs are working on it and we don't know exactly what awaits us in the expansions so a year from now, we may be extremely happy with how it all turned out or we may not, just a game of wait and see.

That's what made it so difficult, knowing that this is the last game we're going to have in TW-World, at least for a while and we didn't get enough of her. Having to wait for 7-8 months from now to get the expansions where she's supposed to have a lot of new content as the developers said seems so far away. Hopefully we will be able to get the fixes before that, around the time the first expansion is released to spike our interest back in the game. After that (Hoping that the fixes will improve the romance enough for us to enjoy repeating the game over and over) we all will feel less lonely, more happy and more excited about the second expansion.

I'll still say this, we better get more of her in the second expansion as they promised, the fixes better be good and please CDPR, consider adding Kovir. >.<

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom