1.07 PC patch delay due to console certification process

+
All the communication that is necessary or that members are entitled to has been made, so there is no cause for complaint.
That’s your Point of View, I am, on the other Hand, have another sight on Things - First of all CDPR are "NO" Pilots, they are Software Developers and if they deliver a piece of Software that does not function properly, I, as paying Customer, have every right to complain about it. As simple is that ;-) And if CDPR thinks they have communicated enough, many Threads in this Forum have proved that they have not!

I'm very pleased with level of information that has been provided from CDPR.

And I'll point out that there are over 4 million copies sold, and only a tiny fraction are at forums.cdprojektred.com, whining.
Yes, some are as angry and disappointed as you, but don't like to post it. But I'll bet if you divide the customer-base in two, the camp with "Happy" to "OK" customer are fare larger then "disappointed" to "Angry" customers.
And I claim that due to most of "OK" customer of above, don't tend do forums to rant and whine.
I'm here because I'm not that smart, and don't have a life.

Though similar, none of the patches are identical. Each version of the game has a different patch that has to be coded differently. Odds are they concentrated on getting the console patches done first to submit for certification, and are now currently working on finishing up the PC patch with the intention of having the PC patch completed by the time the certification process finishes for the consoles.

This could be good or bad assuming they release them all at the same time. Good for PC if they finish the intended fixes quickly allowing them to throw even more fixes into the patch. Bad if they hit a snag and have to omit a few of the intended changes. If the latter is the case, I would expect a couple extra days delay on the PC patch over the console patches.

Personally, with CDPR's track record I would assume we will find a few bonus changes and fixes in the PC patch that weren't available on the console patches (more in line with better optimization for AMD or Nvidia GPU's, hairworks, more customization available in the INI files, or other optimizations).

That’s your Point of View, I am, on the other Hand, have another sight on Things - First of all CDPR are "NO" Pilots, they are Software Developers and if they deliver a piece of Software that does not function properly, I, as paying Customer, have every right to complain about it. As simple is that ;-) And if CDPR thinks they have communicated enough, many Threads in this Forum have proved that they have not!

This is not the moderator's "point-of-view". This is the stance that the company has taken, and all employees are required to adhere to it.

Furthermore, companies are responsible for their customers. No company is beholden to their customers. In this case, the product is not working as intended for many customers, and many have demanded it be fixed. Many repairs have already been made, and more are on the way. They do not need to be delivered immediately, nor does a company need to provide a report on request. Information has been released as pieces of the project have been finished. When there was an answer to provide, CDPR has provided it.

Customers are not guaranteed instant gratification. Customers may not demand a business runs according to their own philosophies. Customers are certainly not at liberty to become rude and offensive because they are dissatisfied with a product. No one has the right to become uncivilized in speech or action in any situation.

Customers have the right to do 2 things:

1.) Seek a refund for services not rendered.

2.) Work respectfully on making their views known.

@okeck22,

Sorry, dude/dudette! All of that above was not directly responding to your particular post! I don't agree with your stance, but I feel you were being respectful and all! Didn't mean to sound like that was referencing you, directly.

Last edited:
Every company is beholden to its customers. Every profit-seeking venture relies on customers to provide their cash flows. Customers set prices. Customers determine features. Customers dictate timelines. Customers do all of this, because when the customer is unsatisfied, the company does not receive cash flow, at least in any competitive market where other players are wiling and able to notice the marketing failures of other firms and take advantage of customer dissatisfaction. All companies rely on customer satisfaction if they do not have monopoly power in their market. Creating a relationship with customers is critical for initial and continued success, as the best marketing efforts come from consumer advocates and customers with referent power who encourage others to consume the output of the favored firms. You lose that, you lose period. Loyalty, particularly in the age of increased breadth, depth, and rapidity of communication, is fundamental to the efforts of all worthwhile businesses. There's a reason this company has a forum, twitter feed, and other social media touchpoints. There;s also a reason that customers are still venting. The reason is that these touchpoints are ill-managed and the needs of the customer are not being met. These causes failure in the consumer feedback loop, diminishes the brand equity, and lowers the net promoter score. none of this is good, and all of it is customer driven.

it's sort of like saying no living organism has to rely on food or water. transactions sustain a business, and customers are the only source of transactions. plan ahead to get more of them, and to make them profitable.

Company = Brain & Customers = Heart

If brain stops still heart going to continue its work but If Heart stops..... :dead:

Guest 3831865

God complex.

You have made your points gentlemen. You do have the rights to drive their company, I hope there are enough of you to "out-vote" the rest, who understand that CDPR wants to perfect their trade AND grab money from us plus those who are overall happy about CDPR's product and services, especially when compared to its peers.

Life lesson learned: Next time I order a pizza and its missing 50 grams of ham, or a burger that's missing a slice of pickle, I will quote what you have taught me and demand them to add 50 grams of meat and a slice of pickle in ASAP, and bring it to me through a delivery man on a rocket. And I will also demand them to phone me and update me when the ham and the pickle are being sliced. Because if its missing 5% of the food content, it's not perfect and I absolutely CANNOT enjoy it, and I absolutely CANNOT wait. Also I already paid for their faulty food, I own them and will not pay a single cent.

(I will also compare the pizza and burger to the pictures they provide, and claim it's a graphics downgrade. jk.)

*chuckle* Whatever, no problem! However I hardly see how this customer demands > company decisions thing (which is correct, ONLY up to a certain point) applies to this specific topic (see topic title). What I mean is, the problem is not big enough to be escalated to such scale.

---------- Updated at 12:11 PM ----------

Company = Brain & Customers = Heart

If brain stops still heart going to continue its work but If Heart stops..... :dead:

Replace valve, bypass, transplant, get a new heart and a life. just kidding.

If brain stops, heart will continue, without the brain.

If heart stops, brain dies.

Either way, the body loses function. [original statement about here about beaching withdrawn, pissed someone off with my shitty opinion on a forum, can't remember your name, but sorry guy!]

Both are equally important. and cannot exist without each other.

[original statement here about beaching withdrawn, pissed someone off with my shitty opinion on a forum, can't remember your name, but sorry guy!]

Anyway, what a random metaphor and how completely totally unrelated, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
But do you want CDPR to bitch back, in the same manner some of you have shown?

Dude who told you that we are beaching about CDPR ? at least I am not. I think most of the hate here is for that certification process & not for cdpr. As at least I know that this patch is big & having some really good new changes as well cdpr cancel the patch 1.06 for console so I am find even if cdpr holding pc patch due to console certification process. This is the 1st patch they are holding back. Other wise all previous pc patches are released by cdpr b4 console patches.

So please think b4 you are positing something like that which going to start unwanted trouble here & stop judging & posting for others.

Last edited:
Every company is beholden to its customers. Every profit-seeking venture relies on customers to provide their cash flows. Customers set prices. Customers determine features. Customers dictate timelines. Customers do all of this, because when the customer is unsatisfied, the company does not receive cash flow, at least in any competitive market where other players are wiling and able to notice the marketing failures of other firms and take advantage of customer dissatisfaction. All companies rely on customer satisfaction if they do not have monopoly power in their market. Creating a relationship with customers is critical for initial and continued success, as the best marketing efforts come from consumer advocates and customers with referent power who encourage others to consume the output of the favored firms. You lose that, you lose period. Loyalty, particularly in the age of increased breadth, depth, and rapidity of communication, is fundamental to the efforts of all worthwhile businesses. There's a reason this company has a forum, twitter feed, and other social media touchpoints. There;s also a reason that customers are still venting. The reason is that these touchpoints are ill-managed and the needs of the customer are not being met. These causes failure in the consumer feedback loop, diminishes the brand equity, and lowers the net promoter score. none of this is good, and all of it is customer driven.

it's sort of like saying no living organism has to rely on food or water. transactions sustain a business, and customers are the only source of transactions. plan ahead to get more of them, and to make them profitable.

Very good points! And almost all of this is absolutely true in practice.

The reality of business is far more complex than that, however. No company can simply do whatever it needs to satisfy all of its customers because 1.) some customers will complain no matter what and 2.) a company does not have unlimited resources to dedicate to solving every complaint they receive. This means that certain customers will receive timely feedback and service that they openly praise; other customers will simply have to wait. It's very much a "triage" situation at all times. One of the joys of business.

No company on the planet will ever be able to achieve a 100% effective customer service policy. There's not enough money in the world. Above, I cited some examples of companies that truly failed to provide customers with either a fully-functional product or honor the business-client relationship. That's not at all what's happening here. CDPR has been active since the release date of Wild Hunt. They provided patches within the first weeks that drastically improved performance, visuals, and corrected bugs. They were very vocal in the media. They released additional, high-quality content to players at absolutely no charge, exactly as they said they would. Their tech support has been as active as possible with the staff they have, and many customers have received solutions to their problems.

Now, after all of the work they've done, they've reached a milestone. They have enough information and customer feedback to engage their development team on a massive update to the game. There are matters of legality surrounding any sort of "press release" for things like this. Basically, if CDPR claims that it is/is not including something in the game which turns out to be untrue, that can hold up as evidence of false advertising or a bait-and-switch tactic. Wise companies go to great lengths to avoid any and all "news" while making adjustments to an existing product until they are completely certain of what the changes will be.

So, they've informed customers that all of their resources are tied up with the work in front of them -- please be patient while they complete this step. It's absolutely ridiculous that customers feel justified in complaining to CDPR for that. Support is not being refused, nor are the problems with the game being denied. The company just needs the time to do its work.

What's wrong with the mutagens? I haven't encountered any bugs with those yet. I'm not even remotely bothered by the glyphs, either. I found so many of the ones I wanted to upgrade that the "false-identical" ones just got sold off and I bought the ones I needed. I sort of appreciated a use for all the money I had by that point.

Just place mutagens, write down changed values (i.e. signs intensity, damage), save the game, load saved game, open stat screen again and observe changes: it would be different from that ones you have written.

Just place mutagens, write down changed values (i.e. signs intensity, damage), save the game, load saved game, open stat screen again and observe changes: it would be different from that ones you have written.

Oh! No kidding. I never noticed this was happening, but it is. I don't find that it affects gameplay too much in the end, but it definitely requires looking into.

On the whole, I've noticed that the game has some significant issues every time it reloads. Seems like there are problems with either retrieving the proper data from the saved gamestate, or saving the data properly to begin with.

On the up side, few things seem to impact the overall experience in any game-breaking way. I know there are quest bugs that make progress impossible for some players, but I think those are cropping up mainly because things were done in a very creative order. Typical for games this complex. I more or less followed the leads the game was giving me on my first playthrough, and had a great time. My guess is that most of these issues will be nailed down by 1.07.

Guest 3831865

So please think b4 you are positing something like that which going to start unwanted trouble here & stop judging & posting for others.

Takes two to dance.

I will edit my post and be more specific according to where you, specifically, felt being targeted by,.along with those who you felt I spoke for. By that I mean the group you are speaking for based on your judgement of my words.

I hereby apologize to TH3WITCH3R. I promise next time I will think b4 positing again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, just a test to see if what I write gets fully read this time, or very partially read and gets 1 line quoted completely and utterly out of context and picked apart. I'm a dudette and my feelings are very easily hurt.

<<<start of bait>>>
I paid I think $0.80 per hour for this broken game so far and even when every single bug gets fixed, I will begin to complain about the similar sequences in nude encounters, re-appearing NPC facial models with various-but-repeating hairstyles, reuse of environmental assets like buildings and trees, quoting Dragon Age II, complain about similar voice acting, lack of monster types, no level scaling, how the wolf school armour DLC's first quest is lvl 14 but located in Kaer Morhen. etc, etc.
<<<end of bait>>>

*hat off*

@SigilFey
You have made a lot of reasonable and very strong points. Some of the broader views on this subject are beyond me (only a very few, but I should say that I do not have a as much insight as you of the industry and/or business) but I do see a rough image of the bigger picture here. I believe the developers have their priorities right and even if the PC patch is held back to release alongside consoles, it is worth it, for the checkbox of reasons:
[ ] to improve
[ ] to please console audience
[ ] to run further internal testings on PC, using this "delayed" PC update as a lab rat, so players on every single platform could receive their next update faster.
[ ] on holidays in their Ferrari's with gold bricks in their tiny trunks and red/black hairs on their hotel beds.
[ ] delaying the only valid candidate for a delay (PC in this case, with the most flexibility and the best ease of access), so they can check it internally for omitted bugs submitted after 1.07 cert. was sent ,or if patch 1.07 introduced bugs itself, and prepare a hotfix or add it onto the 1.08 list ASAP.

either/and/or for the list above.

Aside from a few jokey ones obviously, any of those above reasons make more sense than releasing 1.07 as soon as it's ready and catch fire anyway, it's probably the better choice from their point of view, looking at themselves and their fans, and an "OKish" or "meh" choice for us players, looking at ourselves only. I think in regard to this PC delay, very, very few are: "sfdgsdfgdfgjhgd", many are: "aww, come on", but most are like: "ehhhhhh, yeah, ok, whatever". <--My guess, pure speculation.

Keeping PC users waiting so the patch goes live at the same time (not before, not after, same time) is a small sacrifice that's probably a smarter decision than scrambling around without sleep to get everything out as fast as possible to please the impossible crowd. They've done good enough, better than most.

...I'm still on topic... right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! No kidding. I never noticed this was happening, but it is. I don't find that it affects gameplay too much in the end, but it definitely requires looking into.

On the whole, I've noticed that the game has some significant issues every time it reloads. Seems like there are problems with either retrieving the proper data from the saved gamestate, or saving the data properly to begin with.

On the up side, few things seem to impact the overall experience in any game-breaking way. I know there are quest bugs that make progress impossible for some players, but I think those are cropping up mainly because things were done in a very creative order. Typical for games this complex. I more or less followed the leads the game was giving me on my first playthrough, and had a great time. My guess is that most of these issues will be nailed down by 1.07.

Agreed.

And I made the above point on here a couple weeks ago because of both the rain and mutagen issues affecting my game simultaneously. And this was 3-4 patches ago. Without knowing how their files work exactly, it still seems like some form of memory allocation issue.

Takes two to dance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, just a test to see if what I write gets fully read this time, or very partially read and gets 1 line quoted completely and utterly out of context and picked apart. I'm a dudette and my feelings are very easily hurt.

<<<start of bait>>>
I paid I think $0.08 per hour for this broken game and even when every single bug gets fixed, I will begin to complain about the similar sequences in nude encounters, re-appearing NPC facial models with various-but-repeating hairstyles, reuse of environmental assets like buildings and trees, quoting Dragon Age II, complain about similar voice acting, lack of monster types, no level scaling, how the wolf school armour DLC's first quest is lvl 14 but located in Kaer Morhen. etc, etc.
<<<end of bait>>>

*hat off*

Ha-ha-ha...amused! :lol:

I thought the voice acting was better than most -- especially for the NPCs. Not stellar. But good.

@SigilFey
You have made a lot of reasonable and very strong points. Some of the broader views on this subject are beyond me (only a very few, but I should say that I do not have a as much insight as you of the industry and/or business) but I do see a rough image of the bigger picture here. I believe the developers have their priorities right and even if the PC patch is held back to release alongside consoles, it is worth it, for the checkbox of reasons:
[ ] to improve
[ ] to please console audience
[ ] to run further internal testings on PC, using this "delayed" PC update as a lab rat, so players on every single platform could receive their next update faster.
[ ] on holidays in their Ferrari's with gold bricks in their tiny trunks and red/black hairs on their hotel beds.
[ ] delaying the only valid candidate for a delay (PC in this case, with the most flexibility and the best ease of access), so they can check it internally for omitted bugs submitted after 1.07 cert. was sent ,or if patch 1.07 introduced bugs itself, and prepare a hotfix or add it onto the 1.08 list ASAP.

either/and/or for the list above.

Aside from a few jokey ones obviously, any of those above reasons make more sense than releasing 1.07 as soon as it's ready and catch fire anyway, it's probably the better choice from their point of view, looking at themselves and their fans, and an "OKish" or "meh" choice for us players, looking at ourselves only. I think in regard to this PC delay, very, very few are: "sfdgsdfgdfgjhgd", many are: "aww, come on", but most are like: "ehhhhhh, yeah, ok, whatever". <--My guess, pure speculation.

Keeping PC users waiting so the patch goes live at the same time (not before, not after, same time) is a small sacrifice that's probably a smarter decision than scrambling around without sleep to get everything out as fast as possible to please the impossible crowd. They've done good enough, better than most.

...I'm still on topic... right?

Still on topic. That's a solid list of reasoning, and there are a lot of possibilities as to the "why". My own, personal opinion is: I would not delay a patch simply to placate the audience of another platform. But I can easily understand the argument for a simultaneous release as well. Wouldn't everyone like everything they want immediately upon asking for it? That would be, like, the best weekday ever.

I will pick at one of your bullets, now. (Even though I know it was a joke.)

Top-paid programmers make about $85K-$90K a year. Most will be making around $50K-$70K. That might sound like an awful lot to some people, but I'll put it this way:

Top-paid programmers make about as much as the manager of a department store. Most make about as much as a factory worker.

---------- Updated at 11:13 PM ----------

Agreed.

And I made the above point on here a couple weeks ago because of both the rain and mutagen issues affecting my game simultaneously. And this was 3-4 patches ago. Without knowing how their files work exactly, it still seems like some form of memory allocation issue.

All I know is it did not stop me from eventually pwning that Golem guarding the treasure on the hilltop in Velen. Stupid thing killed me about twenty times between levels 4 and 19. Treasure was of absolutely no use to me when I finally got it -- but the golem died. So mutagens aren't everything.

Still, hope they iron it out.

Last edited:
I hereby apologize to TH3WITCH3R. I promise next time I will think b4 positing again.

hey no need to apologize & all bro.. we all here for fun & to post our thoughts about game & its other features. I just said that because even mods are going to delete those post where they think its going to start the flammable war between members.
I just feel bad that my intention is totally different & you took it wrongly so I just want to say to you that ask some one that what exactly he want to say by his post if his post is not clear.

Again Thanks for understanding & No Hard Feelings Please :) ;)

All I know is it did not stop me from eventually pwning that Golem guarding the treasure on the hilltop in Velen. Stupid thing killed me about twenty times between levels 4 and 19. Treasure was of absolutely no use to me when I finally got it -- but the golem died. So mutagens aren't everything.

Still, hope they iron it out.

I've stopped using them.

Not because of this bug, but because I was using 2 (and then 3) greater green's since I'm doing a primarily alchemy build, and I thought that nearly 10,000 hp at level 19-24 was a bit much.

I've stopped using them.

Not because of this bug, but because I was using 2 (and then 3) greater green's since I'm doing a primarily alchemy build, and I thought that nearly 10,000 hp at level 19-24 was a bit much.

Erm...wow.

Take down a wyvern fisticuffs.

Top Bottom