[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
i just cant play the game after completing the main quest.... it feels so empty without our friends :-/ i lost all the fun to play

Today I found at least one story character post-ending:

Ahaha not the characters we wont back but still it is nice to know that Jonny is still arround with his songs and morning body liberations :)

i just cant play the game after completing the main quest.... it feels so empty without our friends / i lost all the fun to play

Same think for most of us, every time i try to play i feel sand and depressed and stop playing. This is why JUST for NOW we want them back with few dialogs and some activites like hunt, horse riding and romance with Ciri,Yenn and Triss without quests or post end world changes.

Just want them back this way we can return and play again maybe until a future DLC/expansion with quests and world changes for a post end-game. I say it again i am ready to PAY to have them back and i'm not the only one.

BTW, what about La Valette, Anais and saving the young La Valette?

I don't see much coverage of them, other than Voorhis flirting with her.

Yet they constitute such a huge factor of Temeria's and Cintra's future.

I didn't find the empty castle thing that jarring, I got it was just so you can run off and mess around post world. The main immersion ruiners for me in my particular end game was my fight with Caranthir was bugged during the Geralt fight portion so he just stood there doing nothing as I beat him to death. Is actually surprisingly hard to hit a stationary target in this game xD. Then Eredin's cut scenes were really buggy and clippy like him and the scenery were not on the same plain of existence. (Also expected him to reveal some deep meaningful stuff before he died, or something more about him and Geralt when they rode together all that time, instead of you know, not a lot).

I didn't find the empty castle thing that jarring, I got it was just so you can run off and mess around post world. The main immersion ruiners for me in my particular end game was my fight with Caranthir was bugged during the Geralt fight portion so he just stood there doing nothing as I beat him to death. Is actually surprisingly hard to hit a stationary target in this game xD. Then Eredin's cut scenes were really buggy and clippy like him and the scenery were not on the same plain of existence. (Also expected him to reveal some deep meaningful stuff before he died, or something more about him and Geralt when they rode together all that time, instead of you know, not a lot).

I think you are writing in the wrong thread man, you cant run off and mess arround when the characters you are attached to and love are just gone for us this destroted the all game immersion.

i just cant play the game after completing the main quest.... it feels so empty without our friends / i lost all the fun to play

Well same situations that alot of us have, We ended the main quest and we expected to be able to see and interact with main characters like Ciri,Triss,Yennefer and the others. But when we found out that there was no one left and you were alone a sense of depression,loneliness and sadness came in, depriving you of every happy moment you had before and of any desire to continue the playing and discovering the game.

In the open letter Marcin Iwinski said: keep enjoing the game untill the upcoming expansions.

Four million RPG fans spending their hard-earned money on our game is a sign that we did something right, and you can be sure that we’ll harness all that positive energy and make the upcoming expansions worthy of the grand adventure that you’re telling us Wild Hunt already is! Until then, keep on enjoying Wild Hunt,

Well we cant, we want it but cant, because you took away characters we love and enjoy spending time with them. I mean guys this is Gerlats last game give him/us the chance to enjoy his family and friends after we saved them and Temeria, Give us the chance to enjoy the company of Yennefer and Triss in our home (like Kaer Morhen, the shop or some quick travel location).
Then let us spent time with Ciri by going hunt with her, like killing monsters of any kind, make some horse races, drinking in out friends company and maybe having some family moments with Yenn. This way we will make that sense of depression,loneliness and sadness disappear and make us play and enjoy the beutiful world until the next expansion and who knows maybe in future a expansion focused mainly on the post end-game with new quests and other stuff.

@cdprojektRED We beg you put the characters back in the post main-story with some interactionn like hunt,romance so we can play the game again. We can even pay for that.

Ok, guys, I just think that this is really unreasonable.
First, in order to talk with secondary characters, devs have to set the postgame after the ending.
Which means:

1) Devs have to change the entire landscape in order to reflect the winner of the war.
So...add a lot of pires and scenes of persecution to mages etc... if Radovid wins.
Add a lot of Nilfgaardians, Nilfgaard flags (expecially in Novigrad), change all the soldiers to Nilfgaardians soldiers, and add scenes of slavery.
Other changes if Dijkstra rules.

2) The side quests would be blocked. Because most of them are setted during the war, and play them after the ending would make no sense.

3) Add a lot of different dialogues to reflect the final state of the world.

It's simply impossible.

devs have to set the postgame after the ending.

I think it would probably make the most sense to set a post-game state right after "On Thin Ice." As in, immediately after Ciri deals with the White Frost, but before the events in the epilogue (which takes place weeks or months later). You really wouldn't need big changes to make that happen.

The most recent comments about the level range of the expansion packs seem to indicate that they're moving toward the assumption that most players are going to finish the base game first and then load up the post-game save to play the expansions. I think you'll see at least some token effort toward improving the post-game state if they follow that line of reasoning to its conclusion.

First, in order to talk with secondary characters, devs have to set the postgame after the ending.
Which means:

1) Devs have to change the entire landscape in order to reflect the winner of the war.
So...add a lot of pires and scenes of persecution to mages etc... if Radovid wins.
Add a lot of Nilfgaardians, Nilfgaard flags (expecially in Novigrad), change all the soldiers to Nilfgaardians soldiers, and add scenes of slavery.
Other changes if Dijkstra rules.

2) The side quests would be blocked. Because most of them are setted during the war, and play them after the ending would make no sense.

3) Add a lot of different dialogues to reflect the final state of the world.

It's simply impossible.

Ok so i think you didnt understand what we want, for now we just want the main characters back in the post main-story game. Read some my or some elses posts to understand that we dont want thinhs you just said.

1) Radovid wins? no problem Novigrad is allready full of witch hunters and pires.
Nilfgaardians wins? take of the pires and replace the witch hunters with Nilfgaardians soldiers.
Dijkstra wins? same thing take of pires and replace witch hunters with his "soldiers". The other things you say like flags and other stuff why? this things just happend so Nilfgaardins soldiers are preparing to move away in all cases.

2) You can do this quests before the ending and left behind contracts and other quests that dont require a war to be done. Things that i and others has done, i left behind a lot of secondary quests that are not related to the ongoing war and contracts to be able to do some of them with Ciri after the end. You cant understand my disapointment and sadness when i found you that there was no one left.

3) We dont want dialogs that reflect the final state of the world, just dialogs about their relation I'll make an example:
You ended up with Yenn/Triss? you can go and visit them at home like Kaer Morhen, the shop or some other fast travel location like Vizima, talk to them about the relation and about the past(the last ones are in the game) and then be albe to romance them ( i was thinking of this like a meditation type, every time you romance them you will skip 8 hours) and you can do this like ones every 2-3 days.

In adition to this with Yennefer you can talk about Ciri and with Triss about what happend after they split out in TW2 just few options like: How is Ciri doing or What have you done after we split out ( this are just some examples).

Ciri: if she become a witcher you can meet her in Kaer Morhen, at Dandelions Chamaleon or some other place. Be able to go and do some contracts with her and then talk about her, how it is do finaly be free to do whatever you want with your life, to be a witcher, Maybe her feelings about Geralt-Yenn-Triss and something about the past.

All this is not impossible it can be done in many ways:
>Just put them back in the post main-story with same dialogs thay had in the pre-end, in some place with a hunt and a romance option. (Free or 5 euro DLC)
> Put them back with some new dialogs and other interactions like drinking with other friends and so on. (5-15 euro DLC)
> A new post end-game expansion with new quests and dialogs for main characters, change the world according to our decisions. ( dont know maybe 15-20 euro)

Nah...i don't think so.
In fact i think that a few (minor) changes, which are also easy to realize, could do the trick and satisfy the majority.

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Everybody with a litte knowledge of game editors, knows, that most of this changes should be realised with simple "drags%drops".

I think it would probably make the most sense to set a post-game state right after "On Thin Ice." As in, immediately after Ciri deals with the White Frost, but before the events in the epilogue (which takes place weeks or months later). You really wouldn't need big changes to make that happen.

The most recent comments about the level range of the expansion packs seem to indicate that they're moving toward the assumption that most players are going to finish the base game first and then load up the post-game save to play the expansions. I think you'll see at least some token effort toward improving the post-game state if they follow that line of reasoning to its conclusion.

I really hope so. There were rumours flying around that Heart of Stone will be set around the level 15 mark. But how would that work - everyone would have to restart the game again to play this through, and there would be issues with levelling especially when you returned to the main story 4/5 levels higher than normal.

It makes sense that it's placed in the end-game world. If they put any effort towards resolving the state post-game then it'll be worth the price alone. The extra content will be a bonus!

Nah...i don't think so.
In fact i think that a few (minor) changes, which are also easy to realize, could do the trick and satisfy the majority.

Nilfgard:
Radovid lives: Change nothing!
Radovid dies: Remove pyres and witchhunters / add nilfgaardian soldiers
Dijkstra rules: Remove pyres and witchhunters

Geralt Romance:
Triss (Radovid lives): At Kaer Morhen preparing to move to Kovir
Triss (Radovid dies/Dijkstra rules): At her old shop (preparing to move to Kovir)
Yennefer: At Kaer Morhen doing magic stuff (playing around with megascope etc.) or in a small house outside of Novigrad/Kaer Morhen

(If not romanced they are at the same locations, just without the romance option and/or different dialogues.)

Ciri:
Ciri empress: In Vizima castle preparing to be crowned
Ciri witcher: Training at Kaer Morhen or playing Gwent in an inn (option to do contracts with her)
Ciri never returns: Change nothing!

Roche/Ves:
At their hideout preparing to leave it with different dialogues depending on the wars outcome.

Dandelion/Priscilla/Zoltan:
At the Chameleon.

Avallach:
Change nothing! or at his hideout

Everybody with a litte knowledge of game editors, knows, that most of this changes should be realised with simple "drags%drops".

Well laid out post. Agree 100%. This is not as complicated as people of CDPR in a post earlier in this thread make it out to be. Think they just ran out of time and decided to leave us in the broken post-game world we ended up with.

I found Cerys post-game and she has nothing to say about her dead dad. I don't even know what this post-game world is supposed to be, just a nothing random bits here and there world? I'll just call it the lazy-state. It's not before the last mission, it's not after the last mission, it's just a mash-up of whatever and the odd character left behind here and there with nothing to say.

just don't leave us with the worst possible ending which is none of our favorite characters in a seemingly empty playable world.

I have to agree entirely with that statement and others that suggest END the game outright after main storyline. As I said before I too ran around for a long while looking for everyone, and was literally broken up about not finding them. Searched the world wide interwebs and realized the problem. That is when I decided for myself that the game was simply over. There is certainly an attachment to the characters and being there without them is brutal.

If u create such a great game and want to have a post-end in it, then u have to do it as good as the game itself.
Otherwise u have made the wrong decision and it "destroys" the game u have worked so hard for.

Here again I'm 100% with you on that notion. Leaving an end-game state like this really takes its toll on the player. I'm simply not going to play in my end game state. It is not worth it. I will take my saves folder back it up clear it out and play again from the start. If there is DLC that changes this I will then reload either of my end-game states that I have backed up.

i thought: Finaly we will be able to spend some time with Ciri and Yenn, go kill some f.ing monsters together like father and daughter and after a hard day go and visit Yennefer in our house

My immediate thought after searching Kaer Morhen was "Okay were is our house? Yen has to be there right? I bet I will find Ciri not to far from there or Yen will send me out to her for something" it was not so. A great idea for expansion content though.

Personally I would pay np for a great new post-game story line adventure.

I found Cerys post-game and she has nothing to say about her dead dad. I don't even know what this post-game world is supposed to be, just a nothing random bits here and there world? I'll just call it the lazy-state. It's not before the last mission, it's not after the last mission, it's just a mash-up of whatever and the odd character left behind here and there with nothing to say.

Very good point, I found this kind of thing even during the main quest. After I helped assassinate Radovid (before end-game) I don't recall ANYONE having anything to say about it. Talked to Dandilion, Zoltan, Triss etc. You would think, given Geralt's past and events in TW2, that participating in a regicide would be a pretty big thing for him and that his best friends would be involved in helping him work through it somehow. Not to mention the ramifications for Redania and the rest of the north now that their only remaining monarch has been slain. Hell, no one in the city even seemed to notice. People were still shouting "hail Radovid" as if he still lived. This one has just stuck in my mind as being a missed opportunity. Radovid gone should have meant chaos followed by a noticeable advance/occupation by Nilfgaard.

Some people might want to kill me for having this opinion but I really think this game being a sand-box style RPG has worked against the strengths that it has. Focusing on a more linear progression similar to the second game would have allowed this kind of polish to be worked into the game far more meaningfully and I would happily trade the generic open-world content for this kind of experience. This entire thread really confirms this for me as I too feel little reason to continue playing post-story.

This game has some of the best if not the best writing and character development I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying in an open-world RPG. My only suggestion to CDPR would be to stick to this strength in the future because they are damn good at it. Leave open-world to TES and Fallout. When we want a fix of vanilla RPG gaming we can go and play those for a bit. To you, CDPR, we come for the finest wine in RPG storytelling =).

Last edited:
Reading through this thread.... I am betting some designer is really kicking himself for not recognizing the value of a good "Game End" screen.

Reading through this thread.... I am betting some designer is really kicking himself for not recognizing the value of a good "Game End" screen.

On the other hand, that designer should take pride in the fact that the game was good enough for people to care this much.

Top Bottom