Admit it. Who cried at [SPOILER...] ?

+
The real moment I cried till dead...

No mention of the Bloody Baron, especially during the Dea quest? That's the part that got to me the most, Baron was such a tragic character, complete with tragic end.

No mention of the Bloody Baron, especially during the Dea quest? That's the part that got to me the most, Baron was such a tragic character, complete with tragic end.

The scene where they bury the baby was the most touching moment for me.

Ehm... yes?

He didn't die saving Ciri, he died trying to save Ciri, and failing miserably after distracting them for 15 seconds. Ciri saved herself after that.

He seems to have scratched Eredin, didn't really wound him significantly. He knocked Imlerith over, which he promptly recovered from. Hardly kicking his ass.

He pointlessly stabbed Imlerith, this accomplished nothing other than Imlerith brushing it off and breaking his neck like he was some annoying child. This had the accidental effect of provoking Ciri's convenient and predictable power up, which was what actually did anything.

Vesemir was nothing more than a nuisance dealing out superficial damage who is then crushed utterly.

Vesemir is very old, over 200 and way past his prime. At this point in his Witcher career he best serves as a teacher and mentor. He can still hold his own against most monsters but certainly not against the general of the Wild Hunt who is definitely in his prime.

Vesemir is/was way past his prime? That's very incorrect. Also did you see how Vesemir died? He died while saving Ciri, he wasn't defeated in combat.

Vesemir is very old, over 200 and way past his prime. At this point in his Witcher career he best serves as a teacher and mentor. He can still hold his own against most monsters but certainly not against the general of the Wild Hunt who is definitely in his prime.

You're wrong. Witchers basically don't age from a health perspective. He's stated as being in incredible shape despite his elderly appearance, to the point where younguns would be jealous. At this point in his Witcher career, he has nobody to teach. That's why he hasn't been doing that for the most part, and still goes on the path every year. He's been going on the path every year for like 300-400 years, you don't survive that by being way past your prime. The Wild Hunt, again, has never been impressive from a combat ability perspective. Vesemir should have been able to put up more of a fight than being a nuisance.

Exactly. I'm not implying he would be able to beat Eredin or Imlerith in combat, but he would give any of them a hard time for sure. The thing is in books Ciri managed to beat Eredin with luck and escape because he underestimated her, I don't think he would repeat the same mistake with Vesimir. If he took him as a worthy opponent he would eventually obliterate him but I believe uncle Vesimir would put one hell of a fight - same goes for Imlerith. I have to say I liked the way they handled his death in the game. I appreciated it and cried a lot. Imo it was a very noble and meaningful way for him to die,
saving Cirilla of Vengerberg. :)

Last edited:
Exactly. I'm not implying he would be able to beat Eredin or Imlerith in combat, but he would give any of them a hard time for sure. The thing is in books Ciri managed to beat Eredin with luck and escape because he underestimated her, I don't think he would repeat the same mistake with Vesimir. If he took him as a worthy opponent he would eventually obliterate him but I believe uncle Vesimir would put one hell of a fight - same goes for Imlerith. I have to say I liked the way they handled his death in the game. I appreciated it and cried a lot. Imo it was a very noble and meaningful way for him to die,
saving Cirilla of Vengerberg. :)
My problem is that he didn't actually save her. I mean, if she had legitimately gotten rekt and Vesemir charged in, wounded people, and actually bought time for Ciri to recover or for Geralt and the others to not be frozen, that would have been him saving her. But instead he does a lot of annoying Eredin and Imlerith, while shouting at the bizarrely useless and passive Ciri to run. Then he decides to annoy himself to death, at which point Ciri stops being useless and saves herself and everyone else through a sudden and unexplained powerup, that could apparently only be triggered AFTER he dies. His effort was noble, his performance sucked, but ultimately, his death was meaningless because it only served to remind Ciri that oh, yeah, she can totally take care of this after all. It's such a tired trope, and cheap drama to end a character that way. So many books, animes/tv shows do this and it drives me nuts.

"Stop killing my mentor right now, I mean it!"

"Haha, no. I kill your mentor"

"Oh you've really done it now! Guess I'll actually do something about it now that he's dead, lol"

Anyway, I don't know if Eredin would have been able to obliterate Vesemir in a serious fight. He's shown himself to be a skilled swordsman, but not exactly god tier. From the books Eredin came across as being less threatening than Bonhart. I feel like that fight could go either way.

Yeah I was trying to take it simply and nicely, ignoring some facts you've mentioned, just because I liked Vesimir that much. Your posts makes a lot of sense, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I will still look at it my way tho, because I can't think of him leaving me in a potentially meaningless way. I didn't agree with CDPR completely on that part, that's where my fantasy had to kick in. :)

Last edited:
I didn't cry at this but I did get mighty upset at the Queen ending - when I watched it on you tube because mercifully I got the decent ending.

It seems highly implied that they will never meet again and even if they do things will never be the same. It also feels that Ciri will be very unhappy.

I did not.
I cried when Geralt finds Ciri in the hut with the seven (five) dwarves, and came very close when I found Sile. TBH I kind of expected Vesemir to die, so it wasn't as hard hitting. Seeing Ciri in the hut was a shot in the balls, and Geralt's reaction, the music, the lack of any sound effects... everything about that scene was absolutely perfectly gutwrenchingly depressing, right up until she opened her eyes. And then I was so relieved/happy/wired on adrenaline that the floodgates opened.

Last edited:
In the beginning of the game I had the premonition that he would be the one dying at some point (I really hate it when I go 'snake eyes' in such cases ) so was kind of ready to accept the fact and felt sorry but didn't exactly cry. But... I became very angry because of the way he died and wanted to avenge his death.

The only moment I cried in the game , and I mean cried a lot, was when Geralt finally found Ciri.

The real moment I cried till dead...

I had never noticed before, but Lambert is wearing Philippa Eilhart's dress. How and why did Yennefer get that, it is not black and white and I hardly see Yennefer looking to Philippa for fashion advice.

And gutted about Vesemir. He was the father figure (grandfather if you are Ciri) to most important people in the books and games. I didn't cry but I felt hollow inside. Now count how many times the phrase "No Witcher ever died in his bed" when you go through your next playthrough as a bit of forshadowing!

Dang this is the saddest part of the Witcher 3 game.... I honestly cried but not too much but it feels like my heart is out when I am watching the burial of Vesemir. CDPR did a great job in having this scene as it really made an impact to players like us. Hats off!

Top Bottom