Graphics and Audio Thread

+
I don't agree. IMHO, it seems a way to hide some technical "deficiencies". The Witcher never had a pastel palette. It's more a realistic/dark universe.

They won't change their artistic vision of the whole game because you complained on the forums.
Drop into the x64 game folder, toggles in-game with Numpad /

It's not just him you know. Most of the people who follow The Witcher 3 from the start agree that the colors are disney style and the environment so oversaturated.

It's not something still in the game, it doesn't exist. They don't have that old 2013 build set of colours, lighting, artstyle etc, that they can just throw in a menu option and boom it's back.

This is one of those situations where I guess you're totally welcome to place it as a suggestion, but realistically it just isn't going to happen (The work involved would be astronomical, and it'd be all just for PC, which would likely be seen as a massive waste of time). Your best bet is using SweetFX/ReShade for now, and/or waiting for Modding Tools as I have no doubt there'll be some kind of "VGX/Debut Project" that'll be kickstarted once the Redkit releases, with people trying to find a way to mimic the look of those old trailers.

Completely agree. The average gamer's attention span is very short. Who would even think of replaying the Witcher 3 after Fallout 4 and other games come out. Had CDPR even wanted to overhaul the graphics themselves the returns for them would be miniscule.

"Without the consoles we wouldn't have the game as it is now". That would actually be a blessing, the game in its current state is a huge, barren, empty and lifeless world. If the game was 100 hrs as originally promised it would be more focused and detailed without 95% of one-note denizens populating it. And then the awesome graphics would at least draw your attention from many issues that you could've easily overlooked (like GPS and handholding, terrible UI compared to what was shown in the gameplay video, draw distance etc.).

I'm thinking the upcoming expansions would be way more immersive in terms of story because they are short and I bet would be self-contained. There would be no need to place artificial, superfluous and generic monster dens/bandit camps etc. that are no different from each other.

It was really funny to read how the devs bragged about the abscence of FedEx quests in The Witcher 3 while it most certainly has its direct equivalent in those smuggler's chache/monster dens/hidden treasures quests and the rewards in those chests are specifically tailored for a single witcher who just happens to be the protagonist. A convinient coincidence? More like lazy content placement just so you could say "huge detailed open world" when in reality it's pretty meaningless.

Last edited:
Previously i posted this in the "Playstation 4 tech forum" . But i think here is the right place for my suggestion:

1.) Implementation of AMD´s TressFX Hair on consoles like Playstation 4

2.) The use of asynchronous compute (a Playstation 4 hardware property) to improve physics, frame-rate and streaming (Perhaps also for TressFx).

This would be awesome!

I never said I disagree, but this is just an unrealistic request at this point, and since there are ways around it with Reshade and SweetFX that's even less reason for them to care.

Just use what i linked it makes the colours more balance and it resembles the early footage more.
Most of the things we post here are unrealistic, this ain't gonna stop from posting them though. Because this is as we accept defeat. And I'm not on the defeatism boat.

P.S. I'm already using SweetFx with my own custom settings to add some more bloom, some desaturation and a touch of sharpness.

In other news, Olek is trying to get devs attention by posting in Reddit instead of here since it's a more crowded place.

I can't for the life of me work out precisely what would be causing the dithering in those screenshots. I'm tempted to say it's because of the sharpening, but even with sharpening off you still had shadow dithering in W2.
I remember seeing a screenshot of one of the Radovid sequences, that had dithering everywhere and I specifically remember my playthrough not ever getting dithering in that scene, nor do I recall ever seeing dithering anywhere else in the time I spent in the game.

So I'm actually more tempted to say that it's something being caused by a specific interaction between Hardware/Software of the few people unlucky enough to have the funky interaction. Which if so would mean there's not really much you can do except wait until your hardware/software changes. Regardless, nobody was ever able to remove the dithering from W2, CDPR didn't, and nor did anyone even with the Redkit, so if the engine still has a few specific instances where dithering occurs in W3, I doubt you'll ever be rid of it.

Last edited:
Great Game. I'm playinging it on PC AMD R9 280.

Here are my whishes and improvement hints:
- Stop hair movement in buildings.
- Stop constant wind blowing and lower tree movement !
- Add a "mid" level in the Sharpen filter

Only a question is the witcher 3 going to be patched for DirectX 12? Maybe with these patch we can see smoke fog... Particles filter i don't know... Sorry for my english

That's a million dollar question, @kanival. Back in 2014 CDPR said they're not sure if they'll add DX12 support for The Witcher 3.

Last edited:
PLEASE remove the retarding glowing from GEralt's hair in dark places or the illumination is comming from his armor I dunno but it is stupid ! The camera lens effects ( NEXT GEN bullcrap) must be removed .. the rain drop falling on THE CAMERA LENS are idiotic visual technique designed for kids not for TRUE RPG and CD red fans like myself ... please CD red please hear us OUT this is not something that needs to be fix it is something that NEEEDS To be REMOVED simple as that .. so I believe it is quite easily to remove something compared to fixing .. so please consider removing :

- Auto center camera
- Auto draw/sheathing sword
- Camera lens rain drops or even when you go with the boat, half of the LENS camera is filled with blurry TOTALLY unneeded so called "next gen" effect
- Remove also the dirt and dust stucked between the lenses of this virtual camera cmoooon we don't see this shit in real life why you make us think that this game is played looking through a digital camera or something ... I UNDerstand having this crappy visuals when in fps mode but your GAME IS 3rd person ...

It would be nice ONLY if it was some kind of TV raca camera simulator .. or any kind of Movie director game simulator.

I still remember the video of Crytek explaining about how they did create and manage to pull it through with CRYSIS . They mentioned the lens flare and the bokeh effect. "You just don't see that in real life, you're looking at the sun with your eyes not with camera lens, so we have decided to remove completely this kind of effect."

And if you are true pc gamer here, you would remember that when crysis hit the market it has SO little glitches and bugs, a truly complete game was release that revolutionized the game graphics on PC

Top Bottom