The ocean and lakes are barren

+
The ocean and lakes are barren

During their reveal trailer it showed underwater scenes in which there was aquatic wildlife, I was expecting to see many variants of sea creatures.
As I played through the game and explored the waters I only camera across sirens and drowners that are interactive creatures, where as there's a single whale in skellige and Yo only see a small school of fish here and there as painted backdrops.

When CDPR released the map of the game It showed many water based creatures such as a hydra, sea serphant and giant carnivorous fishes.
I'm wondering as to why the ocean was left rather empty, It sort of kills the immersion of having a living breathing ecosystem from land, sky and water.
Do you guys/girls think CDPR will ever add animals/monsters part of dlc?

I'm disappointed in the whales, there bugged on my PS4 version, you see them break the surface, but the animation stops for about 5 seconds then it starts again. Actually I saw one which was on pause but when I dived in the sea there was no model underneath the surface.
In the ponds/lakes my fish sometimes bug, they start swimming in every direction at every angle.

The printed map in the game box, in that case it's a little deceptive to have them on display on the map, people would assume these creatures will be in the game. Red Dead Redemption has a printed map with animals scattered across it and everyone of those animals are present in the game and can be hunted.
Also the whale animation is broken on the ps4 version it freezes then when you dive underneath, the whale isn't in sight.

I'm disappointed in the whales, there bugged on my PS4 version, you see them break the surface, but the animation stops for about 5 seconds then it starts again. Actually I saw one which was on pause but when I dived in the sea there was no model underneath the surface.
In the ponds/lakes my fish sometimes bug, they start swimming in every direction at every angle.

I was actually trying to catch that whale but whenever I submerge to the water no whale can be found underneath but when you surface its there moving away from you. Hope that CDPR will enhance this feature too hahaha its always good to capture moments with the creatures of the wild and the environment in The Witcher 3.

MaXMC

Forum regular
The printed map in the game box, in that case it's a little deceptive to have them on display on the map, people would assume these creatures will be in the game. Red Dead Redemption has a printed map with animals scattered across it and everyone of those animals are present in the game and can be hunted.
Also the whale animation is broken on the ps4 version it freezes then when you dive underneath, the whale isn't in sight.

RDR didn't have any large bodies of water at all and the map wasn't of several countries, it was a small map of the gameplay area.
Monsters have always been on maritime maps.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...sea-monsters-on-medieval-maps-1805646/?no-ist

I do agree that the bugs on the PS4 needs fixing, but to expect the monsters on the map to be there it's just childish.

I was attacked by Sirens off the Coast of Skellige Ard in a boat. I killed about 6 or 7 but was more concerned to get to my destination as I was sailing away from the fight area I noticed 2 red dot's following me on the mini map. They never came up and to attack me but they were right around my boat swimming under and around, I could see them as they neared the surface, they did this for quite a while, it was awesome!! This amazed me, as it gave the impression of a sense of free will and variety of actions. I think CDPR invested way more in what happens above the surface, but to be honest I'm really impressed with the underwater portions of the game I really enjoy swimming off the coast and in the rivers. It falls apart slightly with the transition from water to land sometimes. It seems a bit barren but, I've snorkeled of the Coast of Scotland and it can seem pretty empty too.

I was left a little disappointed there were no mermaids, I could've sworn there was a mermaid in one of the early trailers swimming alongside Geralts boat. The sirens are cool, but I think mermaids are far more freaky, I have a phobia of large fish and deep water and jumping into the water even in a game makes me shudder.

I think they will add a lot more further down the road. I can't imagine it would be that difficult as long as not everything is interactive. I'm hoping they expand on some of the behaviors, I think they could make the NPC's a lot more interesting and create linking events like monsters and NPC's dropping random loot instead of just bit's of their organs. I want to see the level cap on Armour and weapons adjusted. It's frustrating finding blueprints and not knowing how high the user level is prior to crafting. I don't care how high they are I just want that info before I waste time and resources creating them, to find that I can only hang onto them forever or sell them, although selling them at least has some merit. I think some new potions too should have permanent effects instead of timed effects, hair color or skin paint, nothing to far off the Witcher Lore, but maybe something simple and imaginative. CDPR already does some great things with ambiance, but I think it could be pushed to a deeper level for more immersion.

Top Bottom