Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, I like Yen because I don't necessarily like women who will fall in your arms because they're unsure, but I won't deny it, Triss has charm, which is why I plan on romancing her on this playthrough, if I have the heart to go with that very brusque dialogue of 'Don't feel it anymore Yen'

PS. @xxgwxx I'm attempting to play TW3 in Polish. This is true hell for me, I had to turn to English subtitles, turns out I don't know the dialogue quite well enough to decipher it all.

Btw guys, not sure if you're familiar with Yahtzee the game reviewer, but I watched his TW3 review and thought it would be good to share, he's very hard to impress and I think hates everything that isn't alcohol or Silent Hill 2.

reminds me a bit of angry reviews.
talking crap to get much clicks as possible...
I wouldn't say it's talking shit, because there is basis to what he brings up, I play on PS4 and sometimes these fucking load times drive me up the coocoos nest when play on Death March, Not to mention all the times Geralt was standing in a wall as he spoke about very tenuous issues with people. Don't have any screenshots, I forget sometimes that the PS4 has the share function.

Plus I enjoy that he doesn't just focus on the good, elsewise when he does good games he'd find it difficult to stay under his 5 minute(ish) mark.

He does make a good point about combat, if you skill completely into light attacks, you just need to attack and dodge.

Pre established and stronger feelings between Geralt and Yen, and Triss is in a much different position, Yen doesn't live in a city where it's likely she'll be burned at the stake.

No, she had never be danger, after the game POV

---------- Updated at 09:57 AM ----------

Well, actually both want us to do some work for them first, before we can see them nude.
I don't see a difference here.

the only difference for me is, i do it gladly for yen :)

Yen needs Geralt's help for Main plot. Triss needs Geralt's help for sidequest. In Triss' quest is Jaskier and Dudu who need Geralt's help for main plot.

I mean, you watch it from a cold persepctive and Triss has nothing to do with the real Main plot. CDPR could easily find Zoltan in Novigrad without her. The Onigrancer? As Geralt says her, Ciri would looking for Yen, Triss or Jaskier.... Geralt thought this idea all alone... without help :p

And I'm not saying that Triss cannot be important for Geralt or to remove her of the game, OK? (I see you, dirty minds!). I'm talking of the Main plot of Mother-daughter-father.

Last edited:
Okay @0nakita here you go...

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=26284656692638680487

If it doesn't work for you just tell me where to upload it please.

In this save you have all mastercrafted sets in your inventory (Wolven, Feline, Griffin and Ursine).

You also have:

69k gold
69 nails
69 vials

And of course a lot of beer and erveluce! Use it wisely.

What's good Yen? Lol she is so done with my shit. :D

Attachments

• ManualSave_100b2c_7df33400_2c4a06f.png
    ManualSave_100b2c_7df33400_2c4a06f.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Meh, I disagree. Triss grows into her own as a character in Wild Hunt. She manages to evacuate all of the mages from Novigrad, and secures a position for herself as the leader of the mage community and the chief adviser to the King of Kovir. She has a purpose and will of her own that is not entirely dependent upon Geralt.

I don't think you give her props, either, for all of the selfless acts which she performs through the game, e.g. submitting herself to torture in order to locate Dandelion, helping Geralt track down Ciri even if they aren't in a romantic relationship, and then subsequently defending the lot at Kaer Morhen.

Glad to see that, after a few days absence though, we are still squabbling about who has the better fictional girlfriend.

Oh dear, it seems like you've misunderstood me completely or just overly sensitive, in either case please accept my apology.

I'll touch up shortly on your post, even though it's off topic and irrelevant to the message I was trying to convey.
I do give Triss "the props", her good intentions and sacrifice towards Geralt were very touching in the game. I thought her entire quest line was done phenomenally, and even though I'm a hard core book canon fan, kissing Triss at the party, after all we've been through together, felt impossible to resist. So I do like her, and I do think she genuinely loves Geralt.
I just don't think she's quiote on his level of maturity, wisdom and just experience prism through which they see the world in general, in a way an 20 year old girl to a couple at the age of 50.

But, in relation to the interview quote, I think she is selfish and immature by putting her own feelings before her friendship with Yen, and respect for Geralt's family he quite clearly loves the most. She still does not present Geralt with a challenge and an opportunity to grow with her, seeing as she is obsessed and enchanted by him, she simply falls before him. In that respect alone, she fits the quote from the interview.

I'd be happy to discuss this respectfully further with you in a Triss thread if you'd like, or through PM. But hopefully, this is enough to explain I had no malicious intents.

This however is in stark contrast with what your average gamer wants out of their female romanceable characters. Which is why Triss seems to be the more popular option now that the game has achieved mainstream success.

Triss is so in love with Geralt and stumbles so cutely around him due to the fact that she's unsure for most of the game if Geralt will have her or not. On the other hand you have Yen, who is more... romantically stable I would say, which makes her more sure of herself, there's this weird type of trust that is carried over from the books so well that some people might view it as coldness. The two romantic options are so different, depending on the person, one might seem more generic while the other might be viewed as kinda weird.

And at their core neither of these things are bad, in the end it's different strokes for different folks, y'know? If we strip everything of its history and just go with what the game offers us, I personally lean towards the more "unconventional" option, Yen. Just because I view it as a more refreshing take on romance in videogames.

This is a most complete and wonderfully written interpretation of what I was trying to convey and inspire people to think about. Thank you.

It's obvious CDPR is catering to both wide masses and book connoisseurs, and there is nothing wrong with it.
Some people are not quite there yet emotionally to seek the complicity and challenge and that's ok, they don't have to be. And some people enjoy tackling such challenge with the zest of a young bull seeing a red sheet waving.

With both CDPR and us being book connoisseurs and Sapkowski fans, it shouldn't be hard to understand why we'd like it as close to being perfect as possible, seeing as this is the ONLY game Yen gets to be in.

I feel like we're slowly but surely making progress in defining precisely and accurately the rich and complicated allure of Yennefer, and that pleases me.

Last edited:
I'm almost finished with baptism of fire and I have 2 questions.

1) why did Yennefer run away from the lodge? I thought they were her friends, did she want to find Ciri before them?

2) why did fringilla help her?

This underpants with elasticated waistband....

or

OK sorry... let's back to the topic! ;)

I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with me, but since you brought up underpants...

It gets worse when Geralt starts showing his true intentions, poor emotionless mutant just wants to smash:

Ciri's reaction speaks for itself:

If you stand very close to Yen he starts leaning towards her and sniffing around... hmm... what's that smell... uhhhh... lilac and gooseberies... hnnng!

But then Geralt starts flexing and it looks like Yennefer doesn't mind it at all and then lilac and gooseberies again:

I was trying to count for how long would they maintain eye contact and got bored instantly, so did Ciri apparently:

---------- Updated at 10:20 AM ----------

I'm almost finished with baptism of fire and I have 2 questions.

1) why did Yennefer run away from the lodge? I thought they were her friends, did she want to find Ciri before them?

2) why did fringilla help her?

1) Yen wasn't friends with the Lodge at all. Actually there was a lot of bad blood. Lodge wanted Ciri for their own purposes which were similar to Emhyr's. Yennefer naturally wanted to prevent that from happening at all costs so she had to run...

2) She helped her because she noticed how much Yennefer cared about Ciri and that she loved her as her own daughter (read the chapter again very carefully) and she believed Yennefer's intentions with Ciri were totally genuine unlike Lodge's.

Last edited:
I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with me, but since you brought up underpants...

It gets worse when Geralt starts showing his true intentions, poor emotionless mutant just wants to smash:

Ciri's reaction speaks for itself:

If you stand very close to Yen he starts leaning towards her and sniffing around... hmm... what's that smell... uhhhh... lilac and gooseberies... hnnng!

But then Geralt starts flexing and it looks like Yennefer doesn't mind it at all and then lilac and gooseberies again:

I was trying to count for how long would they maintain eye contact and got bored instantly, so did Ciri apparently:

---------- Updated at 10:20 AM ----------

1) Yen wasn't friends with the Lodge at all. Actually there was a lot of bad blood. Lodge wanted Ciri for their own purposes which were very similar to Emhyr's. Yennefer obviously wanted to prevent that from happening at all costs.

2) She helped her because she noticed how much Yennefer cared about Ciri and that she loved her as her own daughter (read the chapter again very carefully) and she believed Yennefer's intentions with Ciri were genuine.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yennefer was interested, somewhat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom