Creating an In-Game library in Oxunfort or Novigrad

+
Creating an In-Game library in Oxunfort or Novigrad

It would be nice that somewhere inside the game you can be inspired to read more about the books/backgrounds, but in an attractive way ( like a library where you can choose important book events ). That can be done in different ways for example: In a digital comic way, narrator way, flashback way in which you play in a certain active way or just simply reading the books in plain text.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a feature beign implemented in Oxenfurt as a library, which lets you read there every single book of the game, once you have found a book, it gets unlocked for the library and once read a book, it disappears out of your inventory, so if you want to read it again, go to the library.

A once read book also shoun't be found as loot anymore in the game. Makes no sense to find a ton times the same book, that are worth basically 90% of all times nothign but a lousy crown or 3. Every book once found and read should simply be unlocked for the oxenfurt library where you can read them again if you want and from that point on that unlocked book should be nowhere be found anymore as loot in bookshelves and the loot that owuld have normally a book should be replaced then by somethign different random.

Also books in general should be more useful, reading them should give exp, especially those books that give you bestiary entries.
There should be more bestiary books. beating a creature should give you directly a perfect complete bestiary entry.

Geralt should do more to get complete bestiary entries.

1st) Attacking a Creature for the first Time = Starts Bestiary Entry with Picture

2nd) Beating a Creature = Adds a first part of Lore Text to the Entry

3rd) Reading a Beginner Bestiary Book about the Creature = Unveils which Potions are best used agaisnt that Creature

4th) Reading an Adept Bestiary Book about a creature = Unveils which Bombs are best used against that creature

5th) Reading an Expert Bestiary Book about a creature = Unveils which Signs are best used against that creature

6th) Beating 25 Creatures of a Type = Adds more Lore Text. In case a creature doesn't exist so often in the world, then a first kill is enough for all Lore Text

7th) Make a Creature' Decoction and usign it for the first time = Final lore Text Entry.

Each time you unlock more Lore Text, this should give Geralt some more experience.

Agreed. Library for our books.

How about opening Kaer Morhen as a player home and letting us put the books in our library ourselves?

Yes and maybe make it abit more enjoyable to read books ingame:

- hear the turning pages
- special music for the books to enhance the mood, and maybe small animations in the book ( moving pictures )
- or a special desk ( in one of the cities ) with candles where you can sit and read the lore and books.

A library would be welcome.

But being forced to read for a full Bestiary makes no sense for a seasoned Witcher.

He has killed theses monsters dozens or hundreds of times and know what He should use.

A library would be welcome.

But being forced to read for a full Bestiary makes no sense for a seasoned Witcher.

He has killed theses monsters dozens or hundreds of times and know what He should use.

That's how it's always been in Witcher games. I mean, there's even a part in Witcher 3 where Geralt and Eskel are quoting Adalbert's Bestiary at each other. But you as a player don't know what to use. What would have been cool is to give Geralt a journal that he can actually write in back in the first game. And in the journal you can keep notes about monsters, etc. And the journal would load with your save-game, so that way everything he's learned in the first two games applies now in the third game. Honestly, though, I don't know if they even thought they'd be making a third game back then.

As for the libgrary, however, I'm all for it. And all for an actual player home (I've said before Kaer Morhen would work perfectly.). Add the player storage we're getting in the next update, the library, an option to train with Vesemir like in the intro, maybe a couple quests around the castle to build it up and/or ready it for battle. I mean, Hattori tells you multiple times he will make you catapaults, ballista, and trebuchets if you want. There are dwarven builders who fix up the Chameleon. Basically - there is already stuff in the game that would make sense to do a few quick, fun fetch quests where you hire builders to build the library, get Hattori to come through on that ballista promise, etc. Maybe you could even hire some Novigrad toughs as guards. You could then throw monsters at the castle from time to time, giving the player a chance to use what he's built even before he/she gets to the part in the main quest where he/she would be doing that.

Man - I hope the rumors are true and Redkit2 is as versatile as Skyrim's "Creation Kit", because I will TOTALLY make that a mod if that's the case.

Top Bottom