Bug Tracking Megathread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am having a severe crashing/freezing issue that came out of nowhere. The game has been running flawlessly for almost a week now until I hit this spot.

On the quest "Possession", every time I try to enter Jarl Udalryk’s longhouse, my game freezes. I've attempted several things to see if it was indeed this area, but no matter if I run around the island for 30 minutes after I load a save, or go straight there in 1 minute, it always crashes after I enter the longhouse. Any help would be appreciated.

My system specs are as follows:

Intel core i74790k
Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 2
win 8.1
16gb RAM
Zotac geforce GTX 980ti AMP!

One more "I already clear this camp"-bug. Before "Ghosts of the Past" camp was cleared but then question mark arise again.

Attachments

• 2015-07-14_00001.jpg
    2015-07-14_00001.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 103
Very minor bug, completely forgot to report back when I first noticed it, but in Skellige when you're sailing around, sometimes a whale will breach the surface. It's glitched though, and will just freeze in place until you move toward it, then it might move, but it's always super jumpy. Most of the time you notice it as a hump that's just sitting there in the water if you're sitting still in the boat. Doesn't break the game, but I think if it works right it could look really cool.

I'm on the PC version BTW.
Intel 4690k
2x AMD 7950 3GB crossfired
Asus Z87 Pro
8gb Memory

this search function is working poorly for me, so I'll add my issues here. Apologies if they're covered, but I'm not going through 30 pages of bugs.

1. Shock Therapy side quest flat out busted for me. I know people have struggled with it, but eventually got their timing right. My druid never falls asleep after I talk to him, and I'm not allowed to attack pots even after he's asleep (which I managed to et one time due to time cycling to night). None of the objects ever light up, though Geralt's narration seems to work. No biggie, since i've beaten the Gwent challenges, but I hate broken quests.

EDIT: Solved by rebooting twice and then apparently just getting lucky on timing. Although calling this a "solution" seems a bit generous.

2. . Any chance of synching up mouth animations and english speech a little better? I realize the original game's in Polish, but unless Polish is the most inefficient language ever invented, those mouths should not be moving for a minute after the vocals are completed. It's like a bad Japanese dubbed film.

3. Find a Geralt "braking" fix for when he runs or jogs, or at least a speed faster than walk but still controllable. Tired of dying because I cna't anticipate the end of the cliff in time.

4. Indoor camera you probably can't fix. That was just bad design. And it's not a game breaker.

5.An option to turn that horrid English narrator off on the loading screens. Seriously, you couldn't afford a professional reader/VA for that job? Players load a lot, and if I hear that dude over enunciate "defeat the usurper" again, there are some dishes that are going to perish. Shame, too, because the idea was fabulous (of loading screens that "catch you up" to the story).

thanks!

Last edited:
"Faithful Friend" quest does not complete after having spoken to the soldier who just found his horse again.
It's stuck in the quest log.

Last edited:
I have noticed 2 places around Novigrad where the grass draw distance seems to be set to the minimum despite what's in the settings. My grass distance and density are both set to ultra and here is how one of them looks together with its location:

I everytime have BSOD in quest where you need to find big cat who stealing food in the novigrad. Dont know how it names in english, but every f** time i have blue screen of death in this quest

I've noticed a particular bug that only occurs in Novigrad (so far only). Sometimes peasant NPC's that are carrying boxes or crates walking around, there leg animation doesn't sync and looks like they are hopping with the legs out of place, or trying to climb stairs.

Noticed this bug since 1.05.

Also another bug is the Keira Metz quest, on my second fresh playthrough with 1.05 you had to search the room where the magic lamp is but you end searching the room and locating the lamp using your Witcher senses and fail the sub-quest anyway. Quite annoying for those that are perfectionist and want to achieve 100% on every quest available.

Last edited:
Around the border of Velen/ Novigrad there is a ditch in the map which looks kinda like a horseshoe. If the player falls into this ditch they will not be able to get out. Which I am currently stuck in and oh soo lucky of me, my only save file is saved in that ditch. The slope for that ditch is abit too steep and the hole is too narrow for the player to get out of it. Just widen the hole and steepen the slopes and the player should be able to get out on there own, but as it is right now, you cannot escape once you fall into the hole
The ditch:

The location of it:
(look at the player marker, not waypoint)

A new issue I'm experiencing since patch 7.

When you rebind the movement keys, this has no effect on map scrolling, which still uses the default WASD. This is a problem for me since I'm using an AZERTY keyboard. I can use ZQSD for movement, but on the map I have to use WASD, which is very awkward.

For now, I'm just using alt+shift to switch to QWERTY input.

Last edited:
Patch 1.07: Ciri's Story: Whoreson Jr window locked (green locked prompt), cutscene not triggering, managed to climb the window only after reloading the game three times.

After installing the patch using the files from gog.com, GOG Galaxy still says there's an update available and believes to game to be at version 1.06.

- Yenn look DLC and Triss look DLC do show up in "Downloadable Content => Options" but DON'T show up in "Downloadable Content => Installed". I have 12 entries there not 14.

- Not a bug but lack of functionality: I you have more the one item of a given type (like 10 Master repair kits) you can only stash ALL of them you can't select a number of items to stash.

- no change log for 1.07 in Galaxy. When I click on the link 1.06 changes are displayed.

UPDATE:

Yenn alt look, Triss alt look and Hero ballads only show in Installed if they are set to ON in options (which is stupid). Ciri alt look always shows in Installed (which is as it should be)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom