I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give

I pray you learn to trust
Have faith in both of us
And keep room in your hearts for two

<strong>

Honestly, for me their late stuff has no lyrically suitable and deep songs for our two precious ones. Romantic - yes but without an explosive passion.

@Kinley in that case don't let yourself be disturbed and enjoy the music. :happy2::smiling2::pride2:

Fragile
Like a baby in your arms
Be gentle with me
I would never willingly
Do you harm

Apologies
Are all you ever seem to get from me
But just like a child
You make me smile
When you care for me
And you know...

It's a question of lust
It's a question of trust
It's a question of not letting
What we've built up
Crumble to dust
It is all of these things and more
That keep us together

Independence
Is still important for us though (We realize)
It's easy to make
The stupid mistake
Of letting go (Do you know what I mean)

My weakness
You know each and every one (It frightens me)
But I need to drink
More than you seem to think
Before I'm anyone's
And you know...

http://lagoonnw.deviantart.com/art/WIP2-Geralt-and-Yennefer-133916438

Last edited:
OK, I'm digging deep into my brain now, gotta give it all, since Kallelinski is doing so much work already.

1. Geralt is deciding how to comfort upset Ciri, after Vesemir's death, I've had some ideas for alternate ways to handle this, with Yen included.

If Geralt says "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything.", instead of current depressing scene, something like this goes:
When Geralt and Ciri sit down to get drunk, Eskel and Lambert could've joined in, true to their Kaer Morhen custom, and turn glum atmosphere into a bright one. They could reminisce of good times with Vesemir and cheer Ciri up, while at the same time processing Vesemir's passing like adults.
After they've had a few, Lambert pulls out Vesemir's hat, puts it on Ciri's head and exclaims due to recent vacancy, it's time to make Ciri an official witcher/witcheress. Everyone else toasts to the best idea of the evening and they all drag their drunken asses across the lake, to the elemental stone shrine (where Geralt went with Lambert before), on the way fighting the trolls in their drunken state.
That scene ends with Ciri and Geralt sitting together, staring in to the mountains and both proclaiming they miss Vesemir.
In the morning, Yennefer and Avallac'h find them passed out on the site, with Lambert sleeping on top of Eskel, and Ciri on top of Geralt. Yen's shaking her head at Geralt, while wrapping a blanket around Ciri and hugging her.
Avallac'h offers a snarky remark "It's amazing you humans survived at all, let alone rule this word...", as the camera zooms out to show the elemental stone shrine with Vesemir's hat on it.

If Geralt says "I know what might cheer you up", leave the snowball scene exactly as it is, but implement a moment to show Yennefer looking at the approvingly and lovingly from the window, maybe even cheering for Ciri.

4. You have to let Ciri ransack Avallac'h's laboratory, my alternative way to handle it.

There is a multiple consistency and lore breakdown here. Ciri is portrayed like a vulnerable teenager, susceptible to the venom mean girls in her class are spreading. That Ann Elle woman is a stranger, means noting to Ciri and is obviously jealous/buthurt about Avallac'h spending so much time with her.
The character the Ciri is, someone who's been beaten down and abused since early age, someone who's found an incredible fire during her teen years with the "Rats", there is no way in her she'd just stand there and take it.

She would've exploded in a storm of anger, venom and malice doubled to that of the elven woman. She would let her have it and then some and maybe even headbutt her or fake to make her jump in fear. She would've shown that she is the daughter of Yennefer, the iciest, stormy bitch when provoked.

Of this temperament we have proof from CDPR themselves, in Ciri's solo encounter with the Lodge, where she made Philippa Eilhart go pale.

Now, if CDPR would ever decide to adjust this, there is actually room for two decisions to be made here by Geralt, and a HUGE missed opportunity.

Choice number one: As the elven woman is nearing the end of her nasty speech, Ciri is looking at her and then at Geralt, her expression "is this bitch for real?"

Now players can decide if Geralt steps forward to defend Ciri, or takes a ceremonial bow, like he was thought by the Nilfgaardian butler (to Yen's amusement), and let Ciri have at her.

As Ciri is verbally obliterating the elf, Yen is visibly angry and in a boxer's stance, her fists punching the air and whispering loudly (to Geralt's amusement):
"Hoo! Good, Ciri, good! Now work the body, work the body! Under the ribs! Under the ribs!"

Choice number two: After they've dealt with the elven woman, I can only then understand CDPR's reasoning that Ciri would still be upset, that their racial profiling still gets to her, after all this time.
Now, we get to decide whether to ransack the place to let off some steam or just leave.

EDIT:

Later on the boat in Skellige, when Geralt talks to Yen, there can be a dialogue option:

Geralt: "Work the body?"
Yen: "I guess I've learned something from watching your continuous fistfights."
Geralt: "Heh... Wait a minute, I don't remember ever seeing you around, even once."
Yen (smiles, with a flash in her eyes): "I don't have to be around to know what you're up to, witcher. Best remember that."

Last edited:
Some good suggestions i have to say... Well done and :like:

If Geralt says "I know what might cheer you up", leave the snowball scene exactly as it is, but implement a moment to show Yennefer looking at the approvingly and lovingly from the window, maybe even cheering for Ciri.

This one sounds great and not hard to do.

Last edited:

As Ciri is verbally obliterating the elf, Yen is visibly angry and in a boxer's stance, her fists punching the air and whispering loudly (to Geralt's amusement):
"Hoo! Good, Ciri, good! Now work the body, work the body! Under the ribs! Under the ribs!"

I love you @swordsandroses these two suggestions are absolutely awesome and would show Yennefer's personality
and her feelings about Ciri in their true light.

She would've shown that she is the daughter of Yennefer, the iciest, stormy bitch when provoked.

Oh yes, Ciri could be very contemptuous when she wanted to in the books, she had the best teacher for that after all...

‘The short man next to Vilgefortz is Artaud Terranova.’ explained Triss Merigold.

‘The five of them compose the Chapter.’

‘And that woman with a strange face behind Vilgefortz?’

‘It's his assistant, Lydia van Bredevoort.’ stated Yennefer coolly. ‘A person of no importance,

but staring at her face is a big breach of etiquette. You should look at the three men behind her,

instead, these are the members of the Council. Fercart of Cidaris, Radcliffe of Oxenfurt and

Carduin of Lan Exeter.’

‘This is the whole Council? I thought it was bigger than that.’

‘The Chapter has five members and the Council likewise. Philippa Eilhart is also in the Council.’

‘There's still one person missing,’ he shook his head and Triss giggled.

‘You didn't tell him? You really don't know, Geralt?’

‘About what?’

‘Yennefer's a member of the Council. Since the battle of Sodden. You didn't want to brag, my dear?’

‘No, my dear,’ the sorceress looked her friend in the eyes. ‘Firstly, I don't like to brag.

Secondly, I had no time to do so. I haven't seen Geralt for a very long time, there's a lot to

catch up with. We have a long list of things to do and we will get things done in accordance to that list.

‘Of course,’ Triss nodded meekly. ‘Hmm... After such a long time... I understand. There's a lot to discuss...’

‘Discussions,’ smiled Yennefer, giving the witcher a lust-filled look, ‘are at the end of the list.

At the very end, Triss.’ The auburn-haired sorceress flinched and flushed.

‘I understand,’ she repeated, playing with the heart-shaped jewel.

‘I'm glad to hear it. Geralt, bring us wine. No, not from this page. From the one further away.’

He obeyed, recognizing the tone of her voice. While lifting the goblets from the page's plate,

he discreetly watched the sorceresses. Yennefer spoke fast, though quietly, Triss listened

with her head low. When he returned, Triss was gone. Yennefer didn't show any interest in the wine,

so he put the unnecessary goblets on the table.

‘I hope you weren't too harsh?’ he uttered. Yennefer's eyes glowed violet.

‘Don't try to fool me. You think I don't know about you two?’

‘If it's about that...’

‘Yes, that,’ she cut. ‘Don't make faces and refrain from making comments. But most of all, don't lie.

I've known Triss for longer than I’ve known you, we like each other, we understand each other and

we always will, regardless of any... incidents. Yet now I could sense she had some doubts.

I dispelled them, that's all. Let's not divulge.’

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom