Performance problems since patch 1.07

+
Performance problems since patch 1.07

I was happy w the way the game was before. It automatically installed 1.07 and guess what? My game runs like garbage now. My wife even noticed the skipping, hiccups that were occurring. It's unplayable. Please tell me I can uninstall this and go back to enjoying my game.

Wow. In last hour i saw around 10 topics about performance issue with 1.07....
Great job CDPR.
2 weeks waiting just to find out that newest patch create more issues. I will not open my gog galaxy application to avoid installing this patch.

Digital Foundry:
"In fact, frame-rates in many areas are noticeably worse on both platforms once the patch is installed. Suffice to say, we weren't expecting that."
"With the new patch installed, the PS4 version doesn't get off lightly either. A route through the bog shows frame-rates lower than our original 1.05 test, where its lock at 20fps holds more consistently as we pass through the boggy thicket. On top of that, even traveling through simple countryside roads (or Novigrad's central city) continues to produce single-frame stutters every few seconds - a rough point we had hoped would be ironed out by now. Overall, little has improved in PS4's bid for a smooth 30fps reading here, and in fact, the tail-end of our Novigrad test shows dips to 25fps as we hit the marketplace - something not seen on the last patch."

Also 20 fps on both consoles now.

Yea, my One version is running pretty crappy now since the patch. I think CDPR needs to hire more competent programmers/coders or at the very least just outsource some people with the knowledge to help them along the short term.

Yep, I've been reading everything everywhere (thanks to being retired, I have the time).
People are getting more and more upset with every patch release.
UTube is abuzz with issues and some game reviewers are starting to speak much more critically.

I'm really glad I played the full experience on 1.03.
I wasn't happy with the story from Skellige on at all...it got ruined for me, but at least I could complete everything and finish the game 100%.
I feel for you guys, as I felt for my kid's disappointment.
Alas, he did the right thing and moved on already..... went back modding Skyrim...and eagerly awaiting Fallout 4 ;)

My OP guys, lay it down and walk away. Come back in a few months when things are calmer and all expansions etc have been released.
Then you can hopefully find that love for it again.... but don't let yourself hate on this as it's still a new born baby needing serious attention....like all games of this size.
Patch's won't mean much until all expansions are out and the "whole game" can be addressed in a complete picture fashion.

Yep, i'm happy too i've finished W3 on 1.06 /not easy, xxx crashes on Skellige during fast-travel/, but with 1.07 it will be probably not possible.
I think CDPR lost control over patching; they should revert all changes since 1.01 and make ONE BIG PATCH, fully tested before approving.

At the moment W3 is completely broken, lucky those who already finished, sorry for those who are in the middle....

PC users shouldn't have anything to worry about.. From what Digital Foundry said, the console are now using double buffer vsync which lowers and locks the frame rate to 20 at certain times "framerates". PC users have the option to use different types of vsync or to not use it at all "like I do", I am not worried.

Last edited:
Will see how different PC patch 1.07 will be.
I heard also about broken trophies, achievements, bugged quests and "uncompleted" too, even if they been finished long time ago. Some people on Skellige cannot even load their savegame.

On this topic I wish to interject a little wisdom.
In most games I am aware of, after patching, it is HIGHLY suggested to start a NEW game.
Save files get "baked" with lots of information..... and when a patch introduces game play changes, game mechanic changes etc, there will be issues.
Issues may not appear right away, but I assure you they will occur at some point.

This is something that I never understood from gamers.... it's fact and no amount of wishing will change it.
Another reason why I say to ppl to lay this down and wait till it all rolls out in a complete fashion... a little patience is in order.

At the very least, and what I've said to gamers on the site I've been a moderator for 5 years (Nexus)......if a gamer wish's to play from patch to patch on the same save file over and over again, you're asking for problems.... and I have no pity for you.
It's exactly why mods are made like "save game cleaner", ... attempting to combat the issue.... sometimes it works, sometimes it don't.

The game runs awful on PC now after the patch and I literally have the best possible single gpu PC. So much power yet I drop like 30 frames every 5 seconds. Constant freezing makes the game unplayable. How to fix? Please if there is one big forum post about this, link it here so we can all discuss there, instead of on multiple small posts.

In most games I am aware of, after patching, it is HIGHLY suggested to start a NEW game.
This is quite hard to do, especially during early days of a game when patches come out frequently.

Maybe a better solution is not to play the game until it matured.
The game runs awful on PC now after the patch and I literally have the best possible single gpu PC. So much power yet I drop like 30 frames every 5 seconds. Constant freezing makes the game unplayable. How to fix? Please if there is one big forum post about this, link it here so we can all discuss there, instead of on multiple small posts.

This game is known to perform poorly on AMD cards because CDPR is in bed with nVidia and implemented many N card only techniques. If you are using A card, check amd support page for witcher 3 for the fix, with this fix, I was told 290x should have stable 40-55fps.

They indeed fixed a lot of bugs and the inventory is better now but i also notice the fps drop during the game, while still using the same video settings when I was playing with 1.06...

This is quite hard to do, especially during early days of a game when patches come out frequently.

Maybe a better solution is not to play the game until it matured.

This game is known to perform poorly on AMD cards because CDPR is in bed with nVidia and implemented many N card only techniques. If you are using A card, check amd support page for witcher 3 for the fix, with this fix, I was told 290x should have stable 40-55fps.

I got gtx 980 ti

Yep, the game runs like crap now with patch 1.07, I lost at least 10 fps in Novigrad area with this patch, PC version.

On my GTX980 SLI system the whole looks a bit more fluid tbh, Everything maxed out Hairworks included, most NVidia recommended tweaks enabled, I even managed to set the FoliaDistanceScale value to 3, which was a bit over the top before. Have been playing it for just a couple of hours on 1.07 so far, but I'm quite satisfied at the moment. Not night and day difference, but still an improvement.

Ya thanks.. I started a new game after installing the patch and have the same issues. Ran on ultra settings fine on 1.06, and now I'm getting 2-5 second pauses very frequently. During cut scenes, merchant exchanges and worst of all during combat. I got these stutters once in a blue moon before, but now I get them multiple times a minute. Sometimes when it stutters is crashes the game, and I'm also getting infinite load screens.

I even tried playing on the lowest settings for a few minutes and its STILL stuttering like crazy. This is really frustrating. I don't want to revert to 1.06, but 1.07 is unplayable! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom